Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sugar-coated Fat-filled Krispy Kreme Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I know they sell coffee as well but let’s keep it to doughnuts and say €15 a box, that’s over 43,000 boxes. Over 1800 an hour or 30 boxes a minute. Is that possible?

I suppose anything is possible, he could have been exaggerating but seemed serious to me.

They sent 5,800 doughnuts into our office a week before opening too, a free plug to get more customers. They obviously looked up how many people work in the company and delivered them. There's around 1000 staff in our office, many people left with boxes of 12. The people that ate them in work were wired, fun day.

Note, all 5,800 were glazed rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

We love to kiss America’s ass as Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Zaph wrote: »
    So imo what we're left with is that we've lost half a car park in a shopping centre that could really do with more parking at busy times, not less.

I had a discussion about this with someone over the weekend. As Christmas fast approaches there's no way the centre management can allow this to continue, lose a large amount of car parking spaces, and have people queuing making a balls of that side of the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

rubadub wrote: »
    Some would be buying for companies. I also heard there were 2 queues and to join the faster one you had to be buying at least 12.

They are also not that expensive, relative to similar outlets (I still consider them overpriced).

here are some old articles about dunkin donuts over here, never knew lyons tea had them.

Now they were donuts to be proud of! Sitting upstairs on Grafton St walking the people go by! Bearing in mind I was only 7 or 8 I still remember that!

There's a Dunkin' Donuts in Copenhagen Central Station - queues out the door the time I was over there!! Not on par with KK but mental nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Compared to Offbeat and the now defunct Aungier Danger, for example, the doughnuts were, in a word, crap. If I'd queued for an hour or more for them like people seem happy to do, I'd have been livid. Sure they were freshly made, but they're overly sweet and the texture lacks the doughy part of the name.

Crap is correct. I got a "present" of a mixed box of six. Three of us each had one, three went in the bin. Dreadful. Much better doughnuts in the window on O'Connell st!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The hype seems to have died down. I went in the drive thru yesterday evening at around half 6 and it only took about 15 mins. There was no queue to go into the shop.

I suspect it'll pick up again going into the Christmas season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was in the centre today with a colleague and since there was no queue whatsoever we bought a box to bring back to share with the rest of the gang.
    They were nice but certainly not something I'd queue for.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Senature

Much better doughnuts in the window on O'Connell st!

Those are the best doughnuts ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Senature wrote:

Love off beat doughnuts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Senature wrote: »

I agree and the cheapest too. Now craving their cinnamon sugar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Cinnamon needs to be consigned to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Currently zero cars in the drive thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was over there at 4 today to bring my son to the Plex. Normally I'd park beside TGI but that was full because the entire KK side has been given over to the drive thru.

That's a huge number of spaces to lose in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Hurrache wrote: »
    I had a discussion about this with someone over the weekend. As Christmas fast approaches there's no way the centre management can allow this to continue, lose a large amount of car parking spaces, and have people queuing making a balls of that side of the centre.

Also if for instance, you were at the McDonalds drive thru and wanted to continue on to the main Centre itself after your food (if eating inside), you used to be able to drive through that area, ie straight out of McDonalds car park, past Paddy Powers, Krisy Kreme etc and into the carpark beside the Leisureplex/TGI's. Now you can't do that because of the drive-thru queue. You're forced to turn left out of Maccers, then straight out onto the main road and back around the roundabout to come back into the Centre. I noticed it one day there myself when I nipped into McDonalds for breakfast. Could be annoying for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Could be annoying for some.
    Even if you could do it, one would probably spend as much time finding a new parking space as you would walking to the centre.

I cycled to the library with my 10 year old and then to KK yesterday around 5pm. The non-dozen queue started a little inside the door and took at least 15 mins.

I was only buying 6 doughnuts. At the counter the employee told me that it would cost 12-14 euro while a dozen would be 17 euro. I stuck with 6. It came to just over 13 euro (after a mysterious 10% discount).
    A dozen Original Glazed ("OG" - :rolleyes:) is 8 euro for a dozen (66cent each vs 1.95 euro separately!).
    The prices really promote gluttony!

We bought a mix: Original Glazed, 2 x Nutty Chocolatta, Cruller, Reese's Peanut Butter, Chocolate Dreamcake. We split them into quarters (there's 4 of us) and had them after dinner. I didn't think that they were anything special though dougnuts don't do much for me.
    When I heated them for a few seconds they did improve greatly, the Original Glazed became lovely and soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was in there today. No queue when I left, when I arrived it was about 3 minutes. No queue for the premade boxes. But massive queue for the drive through. Counted 47 cars at 13:45 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

We were in on Monday and got our oder of 12 doughnuts for free from a member of staff as our daughter of 2 yrs was laughing/ smiling, waving at her. Very nice of the staff member

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

We were in on Monday and got our order of 12 doughnuts paid by from a member of staff as our daughter of 2 yrs was laughing/ smiling, waving at her. Very nice of the staff member

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was in there today. No queue when I left, when I arrived it was about 3 minutes. No queue for the premade boxes. But massive queue for the drive through. Counted 47 cars at 13:45 today!

There are some strange people out there.

• Advertisement

Blanch shopping centre has serious traffic issues. It's such a bad layout compared to liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Cienciano wrote: »
    Blanch shopping centre has serious traffic issues. It's such a bad layout compared to liffey valley

Grass is green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Cienciano wrote:

Traffic in liffey valley was backed up from the n4 today too but admittedly Blanch was worse with the whole m50 backed up to finglas from those trying to take the exit to blanch

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Traffic in liffey valley was backed up from the n4 today too but admittedly Blanch was worse with the whole m50 backed up to finglas from those trying to take the exit to blanch
    If you ever go to Liffey Valley and you think the traffic will be bad, go in the B&Q side at the back, go to the left and park at the m&s end. I never had a problem with traffic there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Always avoided blanch center like the plague from the start of November until the middle of January. Krispy Kreme just meant that had to start in September instead this year.

And they want all the buses in the area converging there too. ****ing lol.

Oh yeah, if you go to the select your own queue in KK they give out free glazed ring donuts to people in the queue right of the assembly line. Still warm and the glaze is still wet but they are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

We were down the centre today buying our daughter's birthday presents, we went to McDonalds afterwards and since someone kindly blocked us in in the McD's carpark (parked too close for us to open our doors... when we arrived there were free spaces either side of us!) we decided to head to KK with the gang, we queued outside for 10 mins and then about 10 mins inside, kids got a free glazed donut straight from the assembly line and then we bought a box of 12 mixed (2 each cos there's six in the family) a box of OG and 2 separate donuts for my sister and her partner. In and out in 20 mins.

The traffic in the centre is mental though, that today couldn't have just been from Krispy Kreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

daymobrew wrote: »
    The non-dozen queue started a little inside the door and took at least 15 mins.

I walked by just after 7 and the pedestrian queue was huge outside the door, in the pissing rain. The drive through was huge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I just drove past KK there, pedestrian que filled the cordoned snake like que and then some. The que for the drive-dru was busy, 4 rows of cars quing in the usual formant that we saw in the video of a those muppets beeping their horns . Also motorists rubber necking doesn't not help either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

At what point will the centre's management come to realise that closing the drive-thru is the only sensible option? I was up there around 7 and the queue for it was through the open part of the car park beside TGIs and out onto the road because the car park entrance closest to the roundabout was completely cordoned off. So whether you want doughnuts or not, you're getting caught up in the queue for them. That queue was a little shorter when we were leaving about an hour later, but the pedestrian queue outside the shop had gone from maybe 40 people to at least double that. How did people fill their Sunday evenings before now when there were no doughnuts to queue for?

Advertisement