Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best podcasts?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Couple of newer ones that people might like

Films to Be Buried With
    - bit ramshackle and long, but a comedian comes on and talks about films that have shaped them. Genuine enthusiasm, when it's a good guest I really enjoy it

That Peter Crouch podcast
    - Crouchy talking about his career. Open, honest, insightful and really funny

That's Brett Goldstein, he's a lovely chap to listen to. He is also in one of the best comedies in the last few years called SuperBob.

Ones I listen to:
    Joe Rogan - dependent on guest, he has a knack of putting his guest at ease and getting good stuff out of them
    Scroobious Pip - Distraction Pieces - Love pip and how he interacts with the people he is talking to.
    Blindboy - Started off very well but I've taken it out of my weekly rotation now.
    Joe Budden Podcast - Alot of talk about hip hop and culture from the US.
    Serial - Because it's deadly.
    Super Duty Tough Work - Great podcast from 2 rapper and producers about the music industry and how to survive as independent artists.
    Hannibal Buress: Handsome Rambler - Can be great, can be grand
    Marc Maron - Depends a lot on who he is talking to.

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

BoneIdol wrote: »
    How was he wrong? Its still a kip now.

" still a kip now "

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That's Brett Goldstein, he's a lovely chap to listen to. He is also in one of the best comedies in the last few years called SuperBob.

That's the one, couldn't remember his name!
    Haven't heard of SuperBob, I'll go investigate :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

your having a laugh surely ?

dunphy is a spoof merchant of the highest order ,was calling this place a kip in early 2013 just as the economy was beginning to take off again but of course dunphy forever the populist sang a different tune , he is a solid establishment hack posing as a rebel , he talks the talk but thats all

a guy who whatever the subject , can be relied upon to have it wrong all of the time . if he were a politician , he would be in the mould of ming flanagan , a career bullsh1tter .

I'm not a major fan of Dunphy in any of his other guises, but his Podcast is very good. He's a lot less full of it on it and is a genuinely good host. He's almost like a different man at times. His coverage of The Disclosures Tribunal with Mick Clifford over the summer was excellent, unmissable stuff. I'd recommend listening to one and seeing what you think - you might be surprised. I'd be in complete agreement with that other poster about his current affairs persona being entirely different to his football troll one - and I've written yards of text on here over the years about how much I hated Dunphy the football pundit.

I listen to rakes of podcasts from all over, I couldn't list them all here. I recommend the podcast forum elsewhere on boards. It can be quiet but there's a few of us there who post regularly enough. It's a good resource if you are starting out.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1061&order=desc&page=

• Advertisement

Sean Moncrieff , good small segment interesting and funny pieces

Futureproof - Irish science show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Ear Hustle. A series of podcasts from San Quentin prison on life as an inmate.

Mafia. Podcasts about the US Mob.

Irish History podcast, Death in Ice Valley, In Our Time, Abroad in Japan, Documentary on (RTE) One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I'll close this for a short time while it's being transferred to the podcast forum.

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement