Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Time to Miss heavy traffic on M50

Options
  • 04-10-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have to travel from Kerry to Louth next week and I'm dreading the traffic chaos that sometimes happens approaching Dublin. What's the best time of day when traffic is lighter ( not late night etc ) to navigate the journey north?
    Cheers.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Anytime between 10am and 4pm and then again after 7pm.

Even before 10am it won't be crazy bad between ypur two junctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Don't worry about it, I do that commute regularly in the morning it's grand. Just remember to pay your toll.
    I go from the N7 to the N2 at about 8:30, generally I travel at 100kph the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Is your experience only of match traffic or something?

Its really not that bad. If you leave Kerry after your breakfast you'll get to Dublin around 1pm and I doubt you'll have to brake at all between Limerick and whatever junction on the M1 in Louth you need to take. 4 hrs 30 mins all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Is your experience only of match traffic or something?

Its really not that bad. If you leave Kerry after your breakfast you'll get to Dublin around 1pm and I doubt you'll have to brake at all between Limerick and whatever junction on the M1 in Louth you need to take. 4 hrs 30 mins all in.

I genuinely hope the OP does not take your advice and uses their "brakes" between Limerick and Louth. As for taking a "break", even commercial drivers must take a break for 45 mins every 4.5 hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Leaving Dublin via the m50 on a Friday from 4 onwards can be a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Especially if youre heading for m7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Use the Waze app to plan your trip and it will tell you when the best time to leave is. It will even give you a notification 10-15 mins before you should leave if you want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Wow. That's really nice that so many of you have offered such good advice. Thanks to you all. I'm back home now and the trip was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I know this is a D15 site, but OP, You must also factor in the roadworks from the M9 interchange on the M7 to J8 on the N7. It can be free flowing, but then again, it can also be horrendous.

Advertisement