Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from EMS to Ec and Fi?

Options
  • 04-10-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm a first year student doing Economics, Maths and Stats. I am enjoying the course but I've been talking to some of the Ec and Fi lads and their course appeals to me a lot more (I do not know how I was not aware of the course when filling out my CAO), they have a lot more interesting modules that would benefit me in a future career in Finance. I was going to take extra electives and chose ones the Eci and Fi people do but a lot of them clashed with my timetable and its something like €200 for an extra elective.

I'm considering switching to Eci and Fi but not sure how to go about it and what would happen if I don't get accepted? If anyone has any advice at all that would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 qwerty074

How many points did you get in your leaving cert?

The points for Economics and Finance (DN670) was 589 this year. While for EMS was 390 points. To transfer into Economics and Finance, you'd need to have the minimum amount of points.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/transfer_internal_S1S2.html

Best thing to do would be to talk with your programme office about any opportunities to transfer.

Advertisement