Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin

Options
  • 04-10-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Im looking to do 2 months regional work before Christmas, i was planning on heading back out to WA to a farm but i was told tonight to head to Darwin. It looks a nice spot alright. Could anyone point me in the direction for work or tell me what its really like up there? Thanks in advance.

Better living everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Im looking to do 2 months regional work before Christmas, i was planning on heading back out to WA to a farm but i was told tonight to head to Darwin. It looks a nice spot alright. Could anyone point me in the direction for work or tell me what its really like up there? Thanks in advance.

You realise the wet season starts in November in Darwin? Unless you like hot humid weather then you might be better off on a farm in WA.
    I've never been there but from what I've heard from people who have at that time of year it sounds horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

aido79 wrote: »
    You realise the wet season starts in November in Darwin? Unless you like hot humid weather then you might be better off on a farm in WA.
    I've never been there but from what I've heard from people who have at that time of year it sounds horrendous.

Ill give it a go, all about experiencing tbe real Australia. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Ill give it a go, all about experiencing tbe real Australia. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

That's true. Just remember most Australians would find it intolerable even guys I have met that have done fifo in the Pilbara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

The mango madness season can be pretty brutal. You will sweat like Rolf Harris at a school play
    But there's a nice vibe about Darwin, although the gas plants & related incoming workforce are changing things a bit.  Lots of decent pubs & restaurants. If you get a chance to share a 4x4 to go to the Kimberley - take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Also wouldn't go swimming there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement