Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Notice of Assessment" - Does it still exist

• 04-10-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Self employed, for the past few years mix of annual Income Tax submitted by paper / ROS.

I am ROS registered.

Went to the bank today and they require 3 years Revenue Notice of Assessment. Googling seems to state that this is no longer a thing? More Googling seems to suggest that Form 11 is what you'd use now (this could be incorrect) - When I look for my Form 11 online for each year it just states what I paid Revenue in Tax, not the Income I declared.

Anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you ask your accountant? Or contact Revenue, even your nearest local office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Did you ask your accountant? Or contact Revenue, even your nearest local office?

Rang the accountant, no answer so hopefully he'll get back to me.

BTW, when i'm searching, im going: Revenue Record - Inbox Messages - Search using Document Type - Income Tax - Income Tax Payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

GOT IT.

Got anyone Else: Under Document Type "Notice of Assessment" - Don't know how I didn't spot it the first time.

-Edit- 2015 Showed up for this. For 2016 It was "ITSA Full Agreement Acknowledgment"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 El Grifo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    GOT IT.

Got anyone Else: Under Document Type "Notice of Assessment" - Don't know how I didn't spot it the first time.

-Edit- 2015 Showed up for this. For 2016 It was "ITSA Full Agreement Acknowledgment"

Yes, the Notice of Assessment is now Income Tax Self Assessment (ITSA) Full Agreement Acknowledgement.

Since last couple years you have to complete a Self-Assessment panel in ROS and it's since then that the title changed as it's now "Full Self-Assessment".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

El Grifo wrote: »
    Yes, the Notice of Assessment is now Income Tax Self Assessment (ITSA) Full Agreement Acknowledgement.

Since last couple years you have to complete a Self-Assessment panel in ROS and it's since then that the title changed as it's now "Full Self-Assessment".

No... no... no.

There is such thing as a Notice of Assessment. It has never been gotten rid of.

You get an ITSA (chapter four etc) when you self-assess and Revenue accepts your assessment and liability to tax etc. It's in the name, Revenue is acknowledging receipt of your assessment.

You get a Notice of Assessment if Revenue assesses you, amends your return, or if you filed a paper return rather than via ROS. This is also in the name: Revenue is giving you notice that they have assessed your liability to tax.

Banks etc ask for Notices of Assessment because they are more detailed since Revenue has to show you the figures they used in calculating your liability on the Notice of Assessment. But both documents are interchangeable for all purposes.

Where are you getting this nonsense that the Notice of Assessment has been gotten rid of???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

JohnCleary wrote: »
    GOT IT.

2015: you either filed a paper return, or Revenue amended your return, and therefore issued a Notice of Assessment.

2016: Revenue accepted your assessment without making any changes and there fore issued you an ITSA letter.

They are the same document, in case the bank disputes the ITSA, just so you know.

Advertisement