Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Last night when I made some chicken Korma for myself for dinner only to find that the Korma required coconut milk which I did not have at hand.

It wasn't the usual bottle of Korma that I get and the only one left so didn't realise at the time. I mean, just have all the fcuking product ready to go, why should I have to go to the bother of picking up coconut milk along with 3/4 of the Korma product?

Needless to say it resulted in a most unsavory 'Korma'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burger King being out of ketchup. Have to eat my chips plain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

On the train and theirs a man trying to explain to who I assume is his wife over the phone how to fix the tv, he is doing my head in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Burger King being out of ketchup. Have to eat my chips plain :eek:

The horror :eek:

Rushed to the post office to begrudgely pay for stamps to send Christmas cards, bought a sheet of them and some single ones.. I thought they were meant to be cheaper by the sheet, same price.. anyway long very slow queue, when the man in front of me got to the counter he asked for 3 or 4 stamps and the girl asked did he want 3 or 4..

"3,no 4,yerra whatever is handiest"
    "All the same so do you want 3 or 4"
    "Sure give me 3...no 4"
    "So 4 is it?"
    "Whatever is handiest"

Jesus Christ I was peppering, how the girl didn't drag him over the counter I'll never know..

She gave him 4 in the end in case he got an unexpected card from someone and she didn't even seem annoyed, very cheerful.. Maybe it's me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Plastic cups for beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Yes, yes yes. I seem to be surrounded by people who think cucumber tastes like water and doesn't smell. I have an absolutely sh1t sense of smell but I can smell and taste a vile cucumber a mile away. Nothing worse than biting into a sneaky left over one in a McDonald's wrap, there's always three of the bastards and the last one catches me out.

It's actually genetic, some people can taste a substance in cucumber that is bitter and others can't so usually when you hear someone express a strong hatred to what is to others a bland watery cucumber it is because they are 'tasters'.
    I recently read that there is a similar genetic link to tasting coriander as soapy - to me it is like eating food that has had washing detergent added to it and people look at me as if I am mad.

My TA is that it is raining again and I have to walk in to town as I want to have a drink... or 2...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heating is only working upstairs :s

Poochie05 wrote: »
    have a drink... or 2...

Or 4 :3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

or 4 :3

Whatever is the handiest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Heating is only working upstairs :s

Or 4 :3

Never, only going out for a while...

Show me this in the morning when I am complaining about having to get up for work :pac:

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    when I am complaining about having to get up for work :pac:

Noted!

*writes post 2981 into notebook* :3 :pac:

The horror :eek:

Oh it was not good, not at all :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The cockatiels ate the zip on my raincoat. Feck sake. I can't have anything! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

beans wrote: »
    The amount of effort it takes to not sh1tpost about Elf on the Shelf in the various threads dedicated to it...

Why anyone would bring that creepy stress-fest into their routine is beyond me.

lads were talking about that Elf on the shelf yoke in work the other day and an ex army fella says, Elf on the shelf to make sure you're good for Christmas? When I was young we had belt on the hook, we were good all year.....
    we're not sure if he was messing or not, but he kept a serious face..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rushed to the post office to begrudgely pay for stamps to send Christmas cards, bought a sheet of them and some single ones.. I thought they were meant to be cheaper by the sheet, same price.. anyway long very slow queue, when the man in front of me got to the counter he asked for 3 or 4 stamps and the girl asked did he want 3 or 4..

"Sure give me 3...no 4"
    "So 4 is it?"
    "Whatever is handiest"

Jesus Christ I was peppering, how the girl didn't drag him over the counter I'll never know..

She gave him 4 in the end in case he got an unexpected card from someone and she didn't even seem annoyed, very cheerful.. Maybe it's me.

I'd personally murder him myself if I had to listen to that. Sure it's the same to ask for any number as they have them in front of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Another cucumber hater here. Absolutely manky.

Have to wait till 10pm to get my bus. Also my headphones are hurting my ears. Stupid Apple headphones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

"Sure give me 3...no 4"
    "So 4 is it?"
    "Whatever is handiest"

This reminded me of something I posted in another forum years ago:

Customer arrives on my floor about 5 minutes after closing time with her infant child. She browses for a while as I do the cashing up. She picks up two salt shakers, one blue and one red, and puts them on my counter.

Customer: So which one do you like?
    Me: Sorry
    Customer: Oh no, I'm talking to my child.
    [Infant says nothing]
    Customer: Which one do you like?
    [Infant still says nothing. It is now 10 minutes past the end of my shift]
    Customer (holding up the blue one): Do you like this one. It's blue.
    [Infant says nothing]
    Customer: Ah come one, you like blue.
    Me (trying to speed this along): So, will I put through the blue one for you then.
    Customer (to the infant): Do you like the red one?
    [Infant makes a random noise]
    Customer: Isn't she cute?
    Me: Yeah :confused:
    Customer (to the infant): Do you like this red one, don't you?
    [Infant yawns]
    Customer (to the infant): Will we get the red one.
    [Infant makes a random sound]
    Customer (to me): Right I'll take the red one so.

So I do the transaction and the customer goes. It is now 15 minutes past my shift and I have to change the cashing up documentation because of that last transaction. As I'm working it out again, the customer comes back up the stairs and says "Actually can I exchange this for the blue one".

There are no words!!! Seriously, hostage negotiators and bomb disposal experts are put through less stress than retail staff, and at least they get training on how to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This reminded me of something I posted in another forum years ago:

Customer arrives on my floor about 5 minutes after closing time with her infant child. She browses for a while as I do the cashing up. She picks up two salt shakers, one blue and one red, and puts them on my counter.

Customer: So which one do you like?
    Me: Sorry
    Customer: Oh no, I'm talking to my child.
    [Infant says nothing]
    Customer: Which one do you like?
    [Infant still says nothing. It is now 10 minutes past the end of my shift]
    Customer (holding up the blue one): Do you like this one. It's blue.
    [Infant says nothing]
    Customer: Ah come one, you like blue.
    Me (trying to speed this along): So, will I put through the blue one for you then.
    Customer (to the infant): Do you like the red one?
    [Infant makes a random noise]
    Customer: Isn't she cute?
    Me: Yeah :confused:
    Customer (to the infant): Do you like this red one, don't you?
    [Infant yawns]
    Customer (to the infant): Will we get the red one.
    [Infant makes a random sound]
    Customer (to me): Right I'll take the red one so.

So I do the transaction and the customer goes. It is now 15 minutes past my shift and I have to change the cashing up documentation because of that last transaction. As I'm working it out again, the customer comes back up the stairs and says "Actually can I exchange this for the blue one".

There are no words!!! Seriously, hostage negotiators and bomb disposal experts are put through less stress than retail staff, and at least they get training on how to deal with it.
    This is the type of situation where you have to come across as personable and nice but internally you are screaming at the person "take both salt shakers and stick them up your ar$e sideways you numpty". It would be nice to say what we really feel to customers but you know, those bills won't pay themselves and the customer is always right :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just went to play disc 4 of Juliet Bravo Series 6 and the disc is cracked.
    Bought it years ago second hand.
    The clasps holding the discs in place are very tight, must have weakened from being taken in and out.

Four copies of the set on Ebay - cheapest is £70.
    :(
    It's the final series and came out a few years after the first five. Fewer copies were sold and it's been out of print since the Sony fire

The episodes are on YouTube but not quite the same thing.

• Advertisement

Bought a bottle of water when I arrived in Dublin airport and ended up drinking it before I was due to leave. I said I’d better get another bottle for the journey and threw my empty bottle in the bin. Spent €2.95 on a bottle of Riverrock and then said I’d use the bathroom before I went to get the bus. Right outside the bathroom there’s a water dispenser. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Less of a TA, but more something that’s worrying me. Got into the car this evening and mam informed me that the floor on the passenger side, both front and back is absolutely soaking wet. No idea what is causing it, but I feel like it’s gonna be an expensive fix. Straight to the mechanic in the morning

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We had the same problem with an old car of ours (it was mostly due to condensation, and to the rain that would pour in when pressing the clutch - don't ask :rolleyes:). We got it sorted by having the mechanic drill a hole in the footwell (it wasn't bigger than the diameter of a pencil, but it did the trick). The other thing that works even to stop windows from fogging up so much, is to keep a moisture absorber thingy (a portable, non-electric dehumidifier, if you will) under a seat.

Hope it's easier/cheaper to fix than you think. :)

Oh, and my TA is when you have a chain of sneezes, and a few of them just hang.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    Oh, and my TA is when you have a chain of sneezes, and a few of them just hang.

And when they do come, they would wake the dead 2 countries away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

New Home wrote: »
    We had the same problem with an old car of ours (it was mostly due to condendation, and to the rain that would pour in when pressing the clutch - don't ask :rolleyes:). We got it sorted by having the mechanic drill a hole in the footwell (it wasn't bigger than the diameter of a pencil, but it did the trick). The other thing that works even to stop windows from fogging up so much, is to keep a moisture absorber thingy (a portable, non-electric dehumidifier, if you will) under a seat.

Hope it's easier/cheaper to fix than you think. :)

Cheers for that! I've seen those de-humidifiers so I'll pick a couple up. Can't hurt.

It seems to be quite sporadic so I think I'll chance it and leave it til after the holidays at this stage. Just too tired :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

When I am standing in the Supermarket looking at an item on a shelf. Nobody about. Next thing someone is standing beside me looking at the same items as I am looking at. I stand back to let them have a look. As soon as I do this they leg it.

Sometimes I think I have a magnet on my arse attracting these weirdos who feel they might be missing out and have to see what other people are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The time-line of my night's sleep last night consisted of:

-couldn't sleep on my favoured right side as when I did my throat burned and I was suppressing the urge to cough my lungs up. That side faces the window too, which has the yard light directly outside. That of course had to be left on as the GF's Dad couldn't be without his Wednesday night pints.

-sleeping straight on my back relieved the itchy throat, but I never find it as comfortable to nod off, so inevitably turn over to my side again.

-sleeping to the left and spooning the GF was grand, until we got too warm, hence the continued tossing and turning.

-then I needed a pee.

-just as I felt myself drifting off, the GF's father returned from the pub with all the grace and quietness of an elephant lugging a piano up the stairs. And he briefly started playing music, the man-child that he is.

-finally asleep, and having an epic dream, and my alarm goes off after what feels like 20 mins.

Work is going to be a drag today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When I am standing in the Supermarket looking at an item on a shelf. Nobody about. Next thing someone is standing beside me looking at the same items as I am looking at. I stand back to let them have a look. As soon as I do this they leg it.

Sometimes I think I have a magnet on my arse attracting these weirdos who feel they might be missing out and have to see what other people are buying.

Back the f**k off CRETIN!!!!! Total TA!

• Advertisement

Ta'd at being too lazy to make porridge :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement