Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had a terrible day. I don't think I can face Christmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

*hugs*

Thanks. It's just a difficult time after the death in the family this year. Emotions are running high.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You ok S ?
    Lots of us here if you need us , take it easy on yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ta'd at the man child making a drunken ass of himself yet again and being abusive,I really wish I was spending christmas alone, is it any wonder none of my siblings dont want to be here.

Its never ending.
    I was there for many years with a close relative acting the p***k but came out the other side well away from it, you'll get there too bro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks. It's just a difficult time after the death in the family this year. Emotions are running high.

Totally understand S , same situation here , just get through each day as best as you can .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Be as kind as you can to yourself and let it out. We're all here for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Be as kind as you can to yourself and let it out. We're all here for you.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You ok S ?
    Lots of us here if you need us , take it easy on yourself x

+1 for both of these.
    GoneHome wrote: »
    I was there for many years with a close relative acting the p***k but came out the other side well away from it, you'll get there too bro

Too kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Bredabe wrote: »
    TA this new fashion of take aways not delivering to customers who call them from withheld phone no's.
    I completely understand why, but as I cant use my mobile for such frivolity...............................:(

No more once a quarter, kebabs delivered for me!

Try the "Just Eat" app, a few clicks and ite delivered to your door

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Impossible to get comfortable in bed after going for a pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Early train to work I may be hungover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Someone who used to be a huge part of my life has sent me a happy Xmas email.... because she can't trust herself to text......
    No, I'm sorry, i was worth a lot more than a crap email... straight to spam and stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The annual 'Watch this amazing video of an irish son surprising his mam by coming home from Australia for Christmas'.
    It's been done and over done and then done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The annual 'Watch this amazing video of an irish son surprising his mam by coming home from Australia for Christmas'.
    It's been done and over done and then done again.

... and always has to be filmed cos they think no-one has ever thought of doing this before.

But sure, it'll get you your wee moment of fame on the Indo website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Try the "Just Eat" app, a few clicks and ite delivered to your door
    TA, that the solution is not that simple sadly.

My ex partner is a big deal in academic retail, for years he told me how wrong I am when I say that signs over holidays about changed opening hours, should be behind the till and NOT just inside the door.

My reasoning is that its known ppl are focused on what they want and dont see things inside the door unless its what they are looking for, and so, dont see signs there. He felt it was ideal place as everyone uses the door while not everyone uses the till.

Yesterday I ran into one of his grad students who told me that now he is preaching signs being in both places!

Did I get any credit for this revolution in his thinking ??????????

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Those faux 'Merry Christmas' emails from supermarkets, insurance companies, and other large corporate institutions, wishing me and mine a Great and Happy Christmas, even though they don't know me from Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went to put air in my tyres today.

Traffic heavy. Eventually got to the petrol station. Put air in three of the tyres but couldn't do the back left as the hubcap was covering the valve and I had nothing in the boot that would remove the hubcap. So had to drive home, take off the hupcap with a flat screwdriver and then drive back into town - where the traffic was noticeably heavier - and put air in the fourth tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Rat children running around on the dart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went to put air in my tyres today.

Traffic heavy. Eventually got to the petrol station. Put air in three of the tyres but couldn't do the back left as the hubcap was covering the valve and I had nothing in the boot that would remove the hubcap. So had to drive home, take off the hupcap with a flat screwdriver and then drive back into town - where the traffic was noticeably heavier - and put air in the fourth tyre.

Been there - although finding one that worked was my main problem. For the New Year treat yourself to a good tyre compressor, the convenience is great.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Been there - although finding one that worked was my main problem. For the New Year treat yourself to a good tyre compressor, the convenience is great.

I don't do much mileage (about 2,000 miles per year) but prefer to go to a garage and get them checked / inflated there - usually when I have something else to get done like a service, bulb change, oil change but they were closed today. I think I will invest in a compressor - would make life easier. Any particular ones you'd recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have a Michelin one that's probably superseded by now, just dial in the pressure and let it off. As it happens one year I got a Halfords voucher for Christmas :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a Michelin one that's probably superseded by now, just dial in the pressure and let it off. As it happens one year I got a Halfords voucher for Christmas :D

One of mine has one for years now, I think its the Halford's own brand, he loves it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My major TA is that I'm in the library but I can't borrow any books because the system says "Please speak to someone at the desk, there's a query on your ticket". However, when I check my account online there are no messages, no fines, nothing outstanding and nothing out of the ordinary, and I won't be able to speak to anyone until the staff is back in January!!!!! How will I manage with NO BOOKS TO READ over Christmas?????

New Home wrote: »
    My major TA is that I'm in the library but I can't borrow any books because the system says "Please speak to someone at the desk, there's a query on your ticket". However, when I check my account online there are no messages, no fines, nothing outstanding and nothing out of the ordinary, and I won't be able to speak to anyone until the staff is back in January!!!!! How will I manage with NO BOOKS TO READ over Christmas?????

Bastards!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bastards!

Indeed!! I was also hoping to borrow a few DVDs, but that plan has gone to pot, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:

Take them anyway, at least then there WILL be a note on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Had the house pristine all day, not one person showed up the minute they all return home and turn it into a tip the whole village decides to show up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Splattering ketchup on my white t-shirt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Woke up at 2 am and have been vomiting since.

Feeling pretty sh*tty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Was meant to be getting the bus from Limerick to Dublin airport on Stephen’s day. Booked my bus ticket to Limerick as I wouldn’t have had a lift in otherwise. My boyfriends mam says she’ll drive us to the airport instead and pick me up from my house, which is really nice of her.

My TA is that I’ve paid for my bus ticket (which was only €8 in fairness) but if I apply to Bus Eireann for a refund, they take a €5 admin fee, so it’s basically pointless for what I’d eventually get back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement