Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I've a murderous headache but can't take solpadeine as it's making me nauseous and I've taken Tramadol for my disks in my back which are also giving me jip. Ah 40 is well on it's way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Didn't get a new Ferrari this year either, Nollaig Shona TTTAYers

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm really good at baking really tasty food - that looks like sh1t. I baked almond fingers the other day. They looked like fingers that had been flattened by a truck.

Happy Christmas all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The xenophobia on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I don't have a TA right now but just wanted to wish my fellow TA people a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for entertaining me all year round :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You know that mysterious noise you hear when you sit down, but when you get up and stalk around the room, intently listening to where it might possibly be coming from, the noise goes quiet ?...Then you sit down again and the noise returns. ........the messer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Americans calling Lego 'Legos'. Lego is the singular and plural as far as I'm concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Deja Boo wrote: »
    You know that mysterious noise you hear when you sit down, but when you get up and stalk around the room, intently listening to where it might possibly be coming from, the noise goes quiet ?...Then you sit down again and the noise returns. ........the messer

When that happens its usually my dog, the bastard!!!

New Home wrote: »
    My major TA is that I'm in the library but I can't borrow any books because the system says "Please speak to someone at the desk, there's a query on your ticket". However, when I check my account online there are no messages, no fines, nothing outstanding and nothing out of the ordinary, and I won't be able to speak to anyone until the staff is back in January!!!!! How will I manage with NO BOOKS TO READ over Christmas?????

This would annoy me fiercely too, NH. There's an excellent Overdrive service attached to many libraries where you can download heaps of books for free on loan.

Overdrive: downloadable books from your library

Also, aside from the obvious Google Books, archive.org is an extraordinary repository of books, especially of a historical nature (for instance, Gilbert's enormous history of medieval Dublin is all there - scanned and uploaded by Harvard, Yale or some such). Archive.org is enormous, although largely still unknown to lay readers. I've downloaded loads of full books from it in a variety of formats throughout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’m almost certain I posted a similar TA on this exact day last year, but dear god the amount of grown adults gloating & boasting posting pictures of their present ‘hauls’ on social media today is mind blowing.

I don’t care how #thankful & #blessed you are, I have no interest in seeing your lynx Africa, new pjs and box set. None at all.
    Is there any dignity at all out there ffs.

Also, Happy Christmas gang!!! :) xxxx

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I’m almost certain I posted a similar TA on this exact day last year, but dear god the amount of grown adults gloating & boasting posting pictures of their present ‘hauls’ on social media today is mind blowing.

I don’t care how #thankful & #blessed you are, I have no interest in seeing your lynx Africa, new pjs and box set. None at all.

A mate has just done that on WhatsApp. He's 60 something! No shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

At least you weren’t unfollowed on Instagram after posting a stock photo happy Christmas image on your profile! What a day to do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

This! Especially when they have clearly spent ages arranging it all to look insta perfect!

A twitchy eye...maddening.

I've said it already but I'm so damned stupid to think someone liked me. Feel like such an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Janey don't beat yourself up over it NG, easy to misread/be misled.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Attention seeking a§$holes like this one
    https://www.thevow.ie/fashion-and-beauty/engagements/former-miss-ireland-aoife-walsh-shares-proposal-pics-and-reveals-stunning-engagement-ring-37656657.html

BTW, this link came via the Indo website, the immediate thing that caught my eye was the fact that this event happened to be photographed from behind, so they obviously had planned to have someone capture this surprise moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

northgirl wrote: »
    I've said it already but I'm so damned stupid to think someone liked me. Feel like such an idiot.

Ah dont feel like that[hugs]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feel like such an idiot.

Far from it, there the stupid ones

*Hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cop on, you are far from stupid and certainly not an idiot!
    Now have some more chocolate for extra endorphins :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You're not an idiot NG , far from it !!
    You know/knew he likes you , but that it had complications , on his behalf .

That doesn't make you an idiot for making your interest clear to him , not in the slightest . Don't doubt yourself girl , you're worth more than that!

We've all been there, it sucks but you're not an idiot!

We're out of sweets :( I'm not hungry but that's not the point!

Janey don't beat yourself up over it NG, easy to misread/be misled.
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah dont feel like that[hugs]
    Far from it, there the stupid ones

*Hugs*
    kfallon wrote: »
    Cop on, you are far from stupid and certainly not an idiot!
    Now have some more chocolate for extra endorphins :p
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You're not an idiot NG , far from it !!
    You know/knew he likes you , but that it had complications , on his behalf .

That doesn't make you an idiot for making your interest clear to him , not in the slightest . Don't doubt yourself girl , you're worth more than that!
    We've all been there, it sucks but you're not an idiot!

Thanks all, appreciate it. I know you're right deep down. I think a small part of me was hoping for a text today. I can be a tad fatalistic.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No . You are not an idiot at all . Head up and look straight ahead and never think you are stupid for getting something wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Young Offenders Xmas episode was absolutely appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching Love Actually, again, in bed, glass of wine, happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

auspicious wrote: »
    Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

I read an article online (I was bored!!) where the Spice Girls are changing the words to Spice Up Your Life as "yellow man in Timbuktu" is now racist.

What the f.... ??????

In other news we had to suffer the PC version of Baby It's Cold Outside in work - "I really can't stay" - "and I respect your decision" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I read an article online (I was bored!!) where the Spice Girls are changing the words to Spice Up Your Life as "yellow man in Timbuktu" is now racist.

What the f.... ??????

In other news we had to suffer the PC version of Baby It's Cold Outside in work - "I really can't stay" - "and I respect your decision" etc.

Yep it's a joke!
    If you allow a fragile soceity, well, it breaks easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement