Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

auspicious wrote: »
    Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

Are you sure? I heard it loads of times in shops and on the radio over the past few weeks. What stations have actually banned it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

jk23 wrote: »
    At least you weren’t unfollowed on Instagram after posting a stock photo happy Christmas image on your profile! What a day to do it!!

Ah, you know what Scrooge is like...
    Far from it, there the stupid ones

*Hugs*

Hmmm..... Northgirl, how do you feel about cats?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to quote Seph's post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

New Home wrote: »
    Ah, you know what Scrooge is like...

Hmmm..... Northgirl, how do you feel about cats?

I'm a dog lover but I'm heading that way it would seem..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Children's birthday parties are like an episode of Black Mirror these days. All the little commodities lined up at some play centre for their nuggets/sausages while their owners snap away relentlessly as if it were feeding time at the zoo. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

auspicious wrote: »
    Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

The absolute fcukin gobsh1te that he is Ronan keating started that sh1te when he wouldn't sing the words.he should have been told if you're not willing to sing the song as it was written rev up and fcuk off.nobody wants to hear your watered down horse sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

To be fair to Ronan Keating he could easily lose his fanbase by using the original lyrics. Shane Mcgowan fans on the other hand wouldn't give a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    To be fair to Ronan Keating he could easily lose his fanbase by using the original lyrics. Shane Mcgowan fans on the other hand wouldn't give a crap.

That's true. But I wonder why did he bother covering that song?
    Like why bother trying to cover one of the best songs ever when you have no chance of making it 'better'?
    And then to change the words of it too - sacrilege!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I read an article online (I was bored!!) where the Spice Girls are changing the words to Spice Up Your Life as "yellow man in Timbuktu" is now racist.

What the f.... ??????

How is that racist :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I felt a bit strange going to bed last night. I thought it was the Christmas jumper I had on that was making me itchy but I woke up about two hours later, rash all over and lips like sausages. Had to drive myself to west doc where the doctor was waiting at the door with an epi pen. I’ve loads of allergies and would usually carry one but didn’t have one with me at this time. Not sure what caused the reaction, some are saying it was the prawns personally myself I think it was mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone trying to hack into all my social media accounts, the same week that my card details were stolen :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When someone decides to hoover during the best part of the film and the remote needs new batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm cold. Sitting beside a stove stuffed with blazing firewood and I'm cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Trying to change to a new phone. S5 - S8. I suppose it's easy when you know how. SIM card is a different size too. I'll leave it til tomorrow to sort out when I'm here on my own for a few hours and have a bit of time to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Young Offenders Xmas episode was absolutely appalling.

Xmas specials are usually sh1t, with few exceptions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Visitors calling later feck sake I just want a quiet day at home.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Trying to change to a new phone. S5 - S8. I suppose it's easy when you know how. SIM card is a different size too. I'll leave it til tomorrow to sort out when I'm here on my own for a few hours and have a bit of time to sort it.

Nano sim? if it is take it to any phone shop and they should be able to resize it for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A mate has just done that on WhatsApp. He's 60 something! No shame!

Someone of an age to know better sent me pics of what he got to me via pm, then followed inexplicably by a pic of a bottle of wine and then a pic of a pavalova.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sore jaw for the past few days and a nicely developing cough thats kept me up all night. So I'm grumpy and tired and dunno what to do with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Gwynplaine wrote: »

That should be quite simple...

https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

If your old phone has an older android version you can try Kies as well.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/kies/

If you want to cut the Sim card you’ll find a lot of videos online. Otherwise just ask in a shop. I’m sure they can help for small money and within a few minutes.

Have fun with it...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Parents in law around for 2 days since yesterday morning. I'm going camping on the sun next Christmas.

Parents in law around for 2 days since yesterday morning. I'm going camping on the sun next Christmas.

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Getting sick of Christmas very fast now.

Playing happy families can only last so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

That one posh family member that shows up once a year.. you really shouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My memory is muck. People saying hello to me while out on a walk and me with no idea who they are.
    Smiling inanely at everyone to avoid offending any.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My memory is muck. People saying hello to me while out on a walk and me with no idea who they are. Smiling inanely at everyone to avoid offending any.

That is a TH for me when I do it to someone and I can see the lost look on their face, but a major TA when I am on the receiving end.

Bad Pizza.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Trying to apply for a job.

Must have registered for company's website twice before, on both my main email accounts, as neither will allow me to register with these accounts. But damned if I know my username or password for either, and I think I have the security questions right, but evidently not as they're not resending me my password. It's a sign the job's not for me, right?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Trying to apply for a job.

Must have registered for company's website twice before, on both my main email accounts, as neither will allow me to register with these accounts. But damned if I know my username or password for either, and I think I have the security questions right, but evidently not as they're not resending me my password. It's a sign the job's not for me, right?

Yes! sounds dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Still have no chocolate Kimberley’s :(

I have to console myself with my galaxy selection box :D

Still have no chocolate Kimberley’s :(

I have to console myself with my galaxy selection box :D

What's going on? Dunnes and Tesco were both closed today.

You really NEED to get some Kimberley's - and now I HAVE to get some too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes! sounds dodgey.

Nah, it's the dodgey ones that hire me. The legit ones don't wanna know me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement