Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

People whinging about Christmas- it is not compulsory

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Throat like swallowing knives, tonsils inflamed, stuffy nose, waking up coughing.
    Worst of all is it’s stopping me from meeting friends home for the holidays. TAAAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Ridiculously overpacked item from ebay that was probably unbreakable

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Fell down the stairs yesterday me poor arse and wrist still in bits really cannot wait for this year to end its been a sh!t 2 weeks anything that could go wrong did go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Spiders in the house at this time of year! WTF? Shouldn't they all be hibernating or dead or migrated by now?

It's obviously the worst possible effect of global warming :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stubbed my toe, the pain, you mother 🤬🤬🤬🤬

New Home wrote: »
    Quickbeam makes sense! :)

Seph? Oh Se-eph! We've another one, we're not alone!

Yay 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Static electric shocks

Constantly getting them in the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My missus got me a beautiful dress for Christmas but it's too tight on the boobs and I can't breathe in it. I've lost 6kg but I'm still a fatty mcbutterpants so I'll have to get the next size up. Grumble.

A toothache.. No warning just a very sharp pain like a nerve or something. I'm terrified of the dentist but more terrified of being in pain.. It could be a long weekend if this continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Spiders in the house at this time of year! WTF? Shouldn't they all be hibernating or dead or migrated by now?

It's obviously the worst possible effect of global warming :mad:
    It's the mild weather. I had to break out the fly spray today because there was a swarm in my hallway and another in the bedroom :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Went for a spin with the wee one, Mr Fart and doggie fart today when this dog wearing a high vis jacket jumps out in front of the car, no bloody lead! His owner was a fair bit away too. Just about swerved out of the way and managed to avoid hitting him or a tree. Why would someone put a high vis jacket on a dog with no lead? Mental! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not being arsed to try a jumper on in Penneys and when I got home it is too big and baggy on me. Very TA that Penneys have scrapped size 8-10 and the sizes they have are all arseways :(
    The 6yr old is like something wound up and she hasn't drawn breath all day. She has been offering me deals since her eyes opened , I'm not able! I think with her I am finally able to appreciate what my mother went through with me. I wasn't called Rubberlegs for nothin :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smart asses
    Went for a spin with the wee one, Mr Fart and doggie fart today when this dog wearing a high vis jacket jumps out in front of the car, no bloody lead! His owner was a fair bit away too. Just about swerved out of the way and managed to avoid hitting him or a tree. Why would someone put a high vis jacket on a dog with no lead? Mental! :(

Incompetent fool! glad no one was hurt.
    Rubberlegs wrote: »
    She has been offering me deals since her eyes opened ,

What kind of deals lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Irish Christmas shutdown.

Have a problem with my car's engine.

Anywhere I ring - "we won't have a mechanic until the New Year"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Utter nonsense. The whole feicin lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Smart asses

Incompetent fool! glad no one was hurt.

What kind of deals lol?

It starts with 'Mam, I'll give you a deal', usually after I have asked her to do something. She is finding a reason to not do it exactly as I have said but in her own way. One morning recently she came into me at about 9:00 (or 9 dot dot zero zero as she reads the clock) and asked me what time I would get up. I told her 9 dot dot three zero upon which she said I will give you a deal, I will be quiet if you get up at 9 dot dot ten and back and forth it went till I agreed to 9 dot dot two zero. TA I give in through exhaustion most of the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Family ringing you only when they want something!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    It starts with 'Mam, I'll give you a deal', usually after I have asked her to do something. She is finding a reason to not do it exactly as I have said but in her own way. One morning recently she came into me at about 9:00 (or 9 dot dot zero zero as she reads the clock) and asked me what time I would get up. I told her 9 dot dot three zero upon which she said I will give you a deal, I will be quiet if you get up at 9 dot dot ten and back and forth it went till I agreed to 9 dot dot two zero. TA I give in through exhaustion most of the time :)

The rascal! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Where do you live roughly? My local garage was open yesterday and today because I had to go in to get something fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Netlfix have added a lot of great shows and I have Exams to study for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Where do you live roughly? My local garage was open yesterday and today because I had to go in to get something fixed.

It's in the username :)

The ones I tried are open but only doing tyre fittings / repairs. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have my NCT on Saturday 5th and will be under pressure to get car fixed if Wednesday 2nd is the earliest it can be looked at.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try ringing the AA and see if they have a list of open garages, or you might be stuck with having to rent a car. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's in the username :)

The ones I tried are open but only doing tyre fittings / repairs. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have my NCT on Saturday 5th and will be under pressure to get car fixed if Wednesday 2nd is the earliest it can be looked at.

PM sent so as not to derail thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Went to see Aquaman with the child...very enjoyable... until the part in the Sahara....
    Pitbull murdering Toto's "Africa".....I mean....fck no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Heard this young one absolutely screaming abuse down the phone to her mother outside the shop yesterday. It was basically "Hello mam... For F*CK same I told you to meet me here not there. How stupid are you?! Do you want me to f*ckin walk over there?" Her friend beside her looked very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I now have white spots on one of my tonsils. Just one!? This is literally the worst cold I’ve ever had. Must start getting healthier.
    If anyone knows if this is a case of “you MUST go to the doctor” let me know please. I read online that you can still get the spots on a viral infection, so antibiotics are no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I now have white spots on one of my tonsils. Just one!? This is literally the worst cold I’ve ever had. Must start getting healthier.
    If anyone knows if this is a case of “you MUST go to the doctor” let me know please. I read online that you can still get the spots on a viral infection, so antibiotics are no good.

Sounds like strep throat! Get thee to a doctor. Or a shaman.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah. Amputation of the head. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I have to take down the Christmas decorations AGAIN.....I only did it a year ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Spent ages trying to find a music system with a 3 CD changer in it for my mum for Christmas. They're apparently a dying breed these days as all the hipsters love their 'record players' now.:rolleyes: Finally found one, ordered it to Belfast, brought it home with me. Everything else on the ****ing thing works APART from the CD player. Email the seller to complain, they say 'no problem! We'll replace that for you straight away. Where do you want us to pick it up from?' I say: 'great, address is blah blah, Tipperary, Republic of Ireland. NOT Belfast, where it was delivered. If this is a problem, let me know and I'll bring it back with me after the Christmas'. No mention of it in the email with the return address slip so I assume it's fine and come back to Belfast.

Courier arrives this morning to pick up the CD player. In Tipperary as I asked? No! Don't be silly. They turned up at my door in Belfast and acted affronted when I said that I had arranged the collection from Tipperary. Apparently Hermes (Oh christ) don't even operate in the south so there's absolutely 100% no freakin way that it had been arranged to be picked up there.

So now I'm emailing the company again to explain this to them and to try figure out what to do now. I'm not spending another 50 quid on petrol to go down and get the ****ing thing and I won't be visiting again until February so I dunno what's gonna happen. :mad::mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement