Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Candie wrote: »
    The re-regs are ruining this place. Another TA.

*sobs*

With some notable exceptions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Freaking printers! with their tiny tiny parts that my comparatively giant hands cant get into without it having to do gymnastic. 'Manuals" that say "gently open x part by moving y button' Freaking Y button doesn't move.

AND it ignored me when I asked it to just print off these last three pages so I could relax before I had to replace the ink and put myself in a rush through all that palava.

TA Freaking printers!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A cunning plan thwarted - I had the chimney sweep here today, I was going to ask him to give the gutter a quick clean out when he up the roof. But since last year he's using a new fangled machine which doesn't require climbing.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bredabe wrote: »

TA Freaking printers!

I know - I just wanted to scan a photo the other night but it insisted that I had to update firmware, then it disappeared off the wifi network and I had to set it up again.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Candie wrote:
    TA'd that I put some chicken casserole to cook in the slow cooker before I left for work, and I have a sinking feeling that I forgot to switch it on.

Get a smart plug. Best invention ever, you can control it from your phone. I switched my slow cooker on from mine earlier and if I get delayed going home I can switch it back off.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Get a smart plug. Best invention ever, you can control it from your phone. I switched my slow cooker on from mine earlier and if I get delayed going home I can switch it back off.

That is a fantastic suggestion. I even have a spare smart plug at home, it just never occurred to me to use it on the slow cooker. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Candie wrote: »
    The re-regs are ruining this place. Another TA.
    Not just re-regs, existing posters with women hate just dripping off their posts. Been here on and off for over a decade and only recently put people on ignore for the first time.

Not just re-regs, existing posters with women hate just dripping off their posts. Been here on and off for over a decade and only recently put people on ignore for the first time.

It's okay to spew hate in AH now. Look at how that other thread has been allowed run, with naked seething hatred permeating so many posts. I haven't bothered reporting a post in probably a year, that's how apathetic I am about the place these days.

TA at hands-off moderation thats resulting in good posters leaving the place in droves and hordes of re-regs hijacking every thread and turning it into a cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bf is getting on my last nerve today. He’s moving to Limerick, then he’s going to England, he’s going to college and then he’s thinking about opening a business. Says he wants to live with me now but come next year when I’m finished college and in a position to do that, he’ll probably change his mind. Asked if he wanted to hang out tomorrow, and he said no. Then today I found one of his favourite drinks from England (that’s almost impossible to get here) in a pound shop and got him some, and now he’s humming and hawing over if he wants it or not. He’s probably joking but it’s annoying. Maybe I am in a mood but it’s pissing me off today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Keyboard warriors

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Well I can always step in to be your temporary boob holder :D

Go away Boom_Bap, I got there first! :p

There might be enough boobage to go around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Hair gathering in the shower drain..

Sliotars bursting after minimal play time.

First world problems:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There might be enough boobage to go around!

If it happens you end up with more than you can handle, I can step in.

Marengo wrote: »
    Hair gathering in the shower drain..

Being the only one here with the cop on to remove them,

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Marengo wrote: »
    Sliotars bursting after minimal play time.

First world problems:)

A burst sliotar
    Then the replacement is driven into undergrowth and cannot be found.
    Game has to be finished using a tennis ball.
    Such was the situation in a vital CBS primary league game in 1982.

And to cap it all, Brother Carroll (the referee) forgot the score and called it a draw. We really won by a point.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If it happens you end up with more than you can handle, I can step in.

You get away too!

My TA is boob hoggers :P

A burst sliotar
    Then the replacement is driven into undergrowth and cannot be found.
    Game has to be finished using a tennis ball.
    Such was the situation in a vital CBS primary league game in 1982.

And to cap it all, Brother Carroll (the referee) forgot the score and called it a draw. We really won by a point.

Ha ha! Very good.

And worse than losing sliotars is pucking around with eejits who have no cop on where drains and ditches are and lose a ball in a few pucks!

Evenings drawing in and you haven't enough time for a good kick or pick around, cycle, run :(

• Advertisement

Over kill on jokes, candid camera, funnies etc.

Mike Murphy, french supporter v Gay Byrne for example.

Boyzone, LLS 1993. We all know how Shane Lynch feels about this!

Weather click bait which has spread from red tops to broad sheets.

'Worse Winter in 200 Years With Arctic Freeze Imminent'.

You get away too!

My TA is boob hoggers :P

B00B withholders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I seen an article on the news earlier where actors struggle to pay rent or secure a mortgage due to their line of work and infrequency of income.

I'm sorry but we have an awful tendency in this country of placing those in the arts on a higher pedestal than the rest of us. I mean if money is tight then surely it makes sense to find part-time work to ease the burden? We all have financial responsibilities and burdens in this current climate, and most of us don't don't have the excuse of 'I'm an inspiring actor' to fall back on as an excuse for laziness.

Entitlement. Need a dose of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I seen an article on the news earlier where actors struggle to pay rent or secure a mortgage due to their line of work and infrequency of income.

I'm sorry but we have an awful tendency in this country of placing those in the arts on a higher pedestal than the rest of us. I mean if money is tight then surely it makes sense to find part-time work to ease the burden? We all have financial responsibilities and burdens in this current climate, and most of us don't don't have the excuse of 'I'm an inspiring actor' to fall back on as an excuse for laziness.

Entitlement. Need a dose of reality.

True.
    And also annoying is when they belittle those working in less creative jobs. Throwing out insults like "suits", "corporate drones", "mediocre middle managers" etc or saying sh*t like "I'd die if my child worked in a bank or became an accountant" get you no sympathy from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Apparently the Hollywood elite call the rest of us 'civilians' to distinguish themselves.
    Muppetts full of their own self importance irritate me no end

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    B00B withholders

I'd never withhold my boobs from you Ted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I bought my mam a discounted box of chocolates after Christmas but haven't given them to her yet and they are calling out to me
    'eat me, eat me'. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'd never withhold my boobs from you Ted :D

So that’s why Ted gave up easily :P

TA’d at Ted :D

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote:
    So that’s why Ted gave up easily

Autosport wrote:
    TA’d at Ted