Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Lots of my favourite beauty products have been discontinued. My fav hair mask, mascara, deodorant, and fake tan have all gone kapoof in the last month. You’d wonder is life worth living at all. Clearly I’m not a bit dramatic about it either.

The worst. Urban Decay discontinued my fave mascara and I still haven’t found a decent replacement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The worst. Urban Decay discontinued my fave mascara and I still haven’t found a decent replacement :(

Mine was YSl Babydoll lash and they’ve replaced it with some gimmicky looking bendy piece of trash! What’s worse is they’re selling the old one on Amazon for €100! Oh hold on now until I get my card out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got the new Twitter layout. But feckin hell they seem to have increased the ad content to a ridiculous level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA I'm turning into an ould one. In town earlier I couldn't be bothered going round the shops, rather browse online at home. Ten years ago you'd be dragging me out of the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that M&S don't do click and collect for food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Quare numbers ringing my phone, I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone in Estonia.

And blocked.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I bought one of theirs and wasn't too impressed with it.
    But I was more raging that I let someone on Boots who was black with fake tan sell me some dreadful Smashbox one.

TH I have discovered Clinique 7 day scrub scream. Baby soft face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

TA'd at my face, it's paining me. Stupid sinuses. My nose is really just for show since it's not very good at breathing or smelling or doing the things that noses are supposed to do :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, if it holds up your glasses (or sunglasses) it's not half bad...

New Home wrote: »
    Well, if it holds up your glasses (or sunglasses) it's not half bad...

Well I'm as blind as a bat so that's true, it does hold up my glasses. I'll be grateful to it for that reason :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Well I'm as blind as a bat so that's true, it does hold up my glasses. I'll be grateful to it for that reason :D

See , pretty , and functional :D

TA'd that Succubus thinks bats are blind :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or, you could just cut it off: you'd spite your face, AND you could switch to contact lenses.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Glasses Rule!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Glasses Rule!

I may need new ones or longer arms...

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    See , pretty , and functional :D

Aww thank you mam, I wish it was a little bit smaller but it is pretty button like :D

TA'd that Succubus thinks bats are blind :D

Quiet you Mr Smarty Pants, I know that bats aren't blind but I didn't have another phrase to use :P

In fact bats use echolocation to communicate *pushes up glasses nerd style* :p

That's me put in my place :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

science_bat.jpg

and I've driven under the M18 bat bridge a few times

https://greennews.ie/44587-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Last summer I had a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Belgium.

The inbound flight was late over one hour, meh no big deal. We went through the gate and right at the steps the crew told us to go back inside, our plane was being switched to Dublin Manchester. Talk about last minute cancellation, they cancelled our flight when the passengers were on the steps. So the plane was fine, fit to fly just they took it off us and gave it others

Left Dublin over 4 hours late and arrived in Belgium near 1:30am and last bus was gone. Spent an uncomfortable night on the floor

My TA is lies !!!!! Sent my EU261 claim form with my Ryanair letter confirming the delay and was told "airport closure" so we pay you nada. Dublin was never closed. I gave my case to a claim company that do the work and take a cut. Again Ryanair state "airport closure"

Why you lie? To quote the mammy at this stage I'm not even angry, just disappointed that somebody would do this :confused:

I think they reject everyone a few times hoping people give up

• Advertisement

and I've driven under the M18 bat bridge a few times

https://greennews.ie/44587-2/

Do you invite the ladies back to your bat cave? :D

Only these two....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

mikemac2 wrote: »

Yes very annoying, stick with it and don't give into their lies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Personal space invaders:mad:

Keep your distance - you don't have to be that close to me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

RMAOK wrote: »

Standing in a queue and someone practically spooning you.

Get t'****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RMAOK wrote: »

I just let rip with a proper, wet, cheek clapper of a fart. The ****ing fent of the thing would strip the walls of the shop back to the blockwork.
    Oh, it would be like cabbage, nappies and fish all tied up in a black back, left in summer's heat for a week then opened in a car you can't get out of.
    Let's see them stick that..

Or just turn around coughing and sneezing without putting a hand in front of your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People who don’t turn off their headlights when they’re coming towards you.

Also people who drive over the white line on country roads. Stay on your own side ffs, there’s enough space over there like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Last summer I had a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Belgium.

The inbound flight was late over one hour, meh no big deal. We went through the gate and right at the steps the crew told us to go back inside, our plane was being switched to Dublin Manchester. Talk about last minute cancellation, they cancelled our flight when the passengers were on the steps. So the plane was fine, fit to fly just they took it off us and gave it others

Left Dublin over 4 hours late and arrived in Belgium near 1:30am and last bus was gone. Spent an uncomfortable night on the floor

My TA is lies !!!!! Sent my EU261 claim form with my Ryanair letter confirming the delay and was told "airport closure" so we pay you nada. Dublin was never closed. I gave my case to a claim company that do the work and take a cut. Again Ryanair state "airport closure"

Why you lie? To quote the mammy at this stage I'm not even angry, just disappointed that somebody would do this :confused:

Yep, thats how they operate, you're an inconvenience to them, and they'll drag things out until you go away. No personal experience with Ryanair, but with their sh!ttier rival, Aer Lingus. A particularly low moment was when my father was very sick a few years ago (thankfully back in good health now), and they refused to change a flight to the US two months out from the departure as pretty much 'the computer says no.' It was at a stage when we weren't sure if he'd see out that year, but we wanted to at least move it out to a date where he might have been able to fly if treatment worked. Wasn't looking for a freebie, just wanted flexibility on the dates, but may as well have been talking to a brick wall.

Aer Lingus also left my bag behind in Dublin once, took over 6 months and some arguing for them to reimburse me 40 quid for jocks, socks and toiletries I had to buy to tide me over until my bag arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that take their cushy job way too seriously for what it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement