Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People mixing up BBC and ITV when talking about old television shows.
    Usually stating that they watched ITV shows on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When you swallow a tablet and it feels like it gets stuck halfway down

I cant, I have to chew them up, even when it says not to..Taste gack.
    I can swallow a piece of pizza no problem though !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭4Ad

RMAOK wrote: »
    Personal space invaders:mad:

Keep your distance - you don't have to be that close to me :mad:

I just let rip with a proper, wet, cheek clapper of a fart. The ****ing fent of the thing would strip the walls of the shop back to the blockwork.
    Oh, it would be like cabbage, nappies and fish all tied up in a black back, left in summer's heat for a week then opened in a car you can't get out of.
    Let's see them stick that..

Class..must rem that one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People that take their cushy job way too seriously for what it is

Hell to the yeah! Making work for other people while they're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

4Ad wrote: »
    I cant, I have to chew them up, even when it says not to..Taste gack.
    I can swallow a piece of pizza no problem though !

My boyfriend’s the same, always has to get soluble tablets. The one I was referring to was a capsule one, could feel it stuck somewhere, rotten feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I just let rip with a proper, wet, cheek clapper of a fart. The ****ing fent of the thing would strip the walls of the shop back to the blockwork.
    Oh, it would be like cabbage, nappies and fish all tied up in a black back, left in summer's heat for a week then opened in a car you can't get out of.
    Let's see them stick that..

Brilliant :D:D:D

Another thing that seriously annoys me is people not washing their hands after using the Jack's. There is a sink and soap there for a reason :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hate people using the clapping hands emoji under news articles and in generally!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

When sports correspondents/commentators refer to Celtic as 'Glasgow Celtic'. The correct title is Celtic Football Club. After all you don't refer to Arsenal as London Arsenal. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RMAOK wrote: »
    Brilliant :D:D:D

Another thing that seriously annoys me is people not washing their hands after using the Jack's. There is a sink and soap there for a reason :mad::mad:

Or worse, the lads that go straight from the jacks to the dryer..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Was made permanent in my job. Team mates are joking that they expect me to bring in buns to celebrate. But I know they're not joking. Jog on mate. Not a ****ing chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Bought a chicken fillet wrap today,not as nice as i would have hoped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a woman that I work with, I get along great with her. But she has a habit of standing very close to me and rubbing her boobs off me.
    I've been watching to see if she does this with others as well, I haven't noticed it.
    Boobs are great and all, but I prefer honka honka'ing them instead of them being brushed off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA for Boom Bap he can't cop a good feel of the boobies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Jrop wrote: »

Boom Bap Now known as Boob Baps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MOLF Hunter

Count Down wrote: »
    When sports correspondents/commentators refer to Celtic as 'Glasgow Celtic'. The correct title is Celtic Football Club. After all you don't refer to Arsenal as London Arsenal. :confused:

TA as to why they pronounce it as seltik and not Keltic as is the proper pronunciation for that word

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Boom Bap Now known as Boob Baps

Ah be honest, wasn't that his real name all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA as to why they pronounce it as seltik and not Keltic as is the proper pronunciation for that word

Because the word originally came from the french celtique which is pronounced with a soft C. The hard C pronunciation came later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Tolerance for humans is very low today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jrop wrote: »

1402550169662.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The cycles of boob talk that seem to hit this thread every few weeks. It's a bit bizarre. Like being in primary school again.

Also, the person who accidentally put a decaf pod in the coffee machine in work this morning, obviously realised their mistake but then just left it in there and used the other machine instead, necessitating ten minutes with a knife and spoon to get it out before I could make mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, the person who accidentally put a decaf pod in the coffee machine in work this morning, obviously realised their mistake but then just left it in there and used the other machine instead, necessitating ten minutes with a knife and spoon to get it out before I could make mine.

You will find them..........and you will kill them.

Because the word originally came from the french celtique which is pronounced with a soft C. The hard C pronunciation came later.

It's actually much older than that in origin...greek... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It came into english from the french.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My yearly complaint about chilblains! Horrible itchy burning sore bastards on my toes caused by the drop in temperature. Thought I had escaped them this year but no such luck. Anyone who suffers will feel my pain

All stemmed from a Greek word, that's not in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Regardless of where the word Celtic came from, when Fr Walfrid and others formed Celtic FC, they wanted a name which would resonate with both the Irish immigrants and the native Scots. I have read that the original pronunciation was intended to be the hard K but that never took hold and the soft C pronunciation was used almost immediately.

My TA: Rangers FC (to keep the post on topic!)

Regardless of where the word Celtic came from, when Fr Walfrid and others formed Celtic FC, they wanted a name which would resonate with both the Irish immigrants and the native Scots. I have read that the original pronunciation was intended to be the hard K but that never took hold and the soft C pronunciation was used almost immediately.

My TA: Rangers FC (to keep the post on topic!)

My TA..is Celtic FC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

My yearly complaint about chilblains! Horrible itchy burning sore bastards on my toes caused by the drop in temperature. Thought I had escaped them this year but no such luck. Anyone who suffers will feel my pain

Cold sores/ chapped lips are another annoyance of the cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brexit threads full of speculation.
    I just hope it's done soon so people will stop guessing and discuss the facts as they were.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement