Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The excessive number of ad breaks on US TV shows, and the shows that do a 30s recap of what happened in the last segment. Do Americans have a really short attention span?

Waking up at stupid o'clock and being unable to get back to sleep, especially when it's been going on for months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that not many ppl have heard of bonzodog do daa band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My TA..is Celtic FC :)

:mad:

MOLF Hunter has just been added to my TA list!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not really a TA, but it feels strange. I’m still in the group chat for the flat in Leeds, and today (I think) a new girl moved in, to replace me, obviously. I know it’s not my flat because I moved out and all that, but it still feels a little weird, to think of someone else being in “my” room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

So among the list of all these annoying “challenges” that seem to be flooding social media of late apparently there’s a new one doing the rounds inspired by Bird Box on Netflix where you try and drive your car blindfolded!!!
    “Bird Box challenge” it’s called. Absolute thicks! Darwin awards challenge more like

10 year challenge is another one. It's not really a challenge having to root out a photo off social media from 10 years ago, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My TA is people who don't enjoy boob talk :p

Never grow up folks, never grow up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

10 year challenge is another one. It's not really a challenge having to root out a photo off social media from 10 years ago, is it?

Most of these make me sad because it just highlights how much work people have had done on their faces. Also the way they speak about their younger selves “ugh state of me yuck”. You were lovely shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My TA is people who don't enjoy boob talk :p

Never grow up folks, never grow up :)

Boob talk IS grown up talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for today - waiters/ waitresses just waiting for the second you finish your cup of coffee/ tea etc so they can take the cup. Or the other one, walking by looking into the cup to see are you finished just so they can swipe it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

They told me even you can't kill a spider plant:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Most of these make me sad because it just highlights how much work people have had done on their faces. Also the way they speak about their younger selves “ugh state of me yuck”. You were lovely shut up.

Yeah I don't get that. It's just a blatant way of saying how good they look now compared to 10 years ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »

It's not dead yet. :) But please, don't say "Challenge accepted!"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

TV shows that are made up of 40% of showing you what you literally just watched. "Before the break, BLAH happened", "After the break, we'll see BLAHDYBLA". 45min show it little more than 25 mins of actual content!

New Home wrote: »
    It's not dead yet. :) But please, don't say "Challenge accepted!"...

I am rooting some babies in water, thinking of starting a career as a serial spider plant killer :)

I hate when people start every sentence, or make every point by using "you know what...……" or but "hey you know what...…………."

does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I think you must be related to me :D

They used to buy me cacti plants , sure you can't kill them ..

I showed them I could :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for today - waiters/ waitresses just waiting for the second you finish your cup of coffee/ tea etc so they can take the cup. Or the other one, walking by looking into the cup to see are you finished just so they can swipe it. :mad:

And on a related TA - places where you order dessert and a coffee. The coffee is plonked down immediately but the dessert doesn't come for 5 minutes or more. The coffee is either drank or gone cold.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think you must be related to me :D

They used to buy me cacti plants , sure you can't kill them ..

I showed them I could :(

:D

Haha! I am TA to say I feel the tiniest pride in it:)

If it’s quiet they may just be looking for something to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Haha! I am TA to say I feel the tiniest pride in it:)

Lol , I know :D

It's like we'd say , oh dear , look , I told you it would die , sad face with a smug grin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    If it’s quiet they may just be looking for something to do

That might well be the case, but it doesn't mean I have to like the idea of them hovering around the table waiting to pounce like a predator you'd see on them nature documentaries

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I’ve only had 1 day in the past 6 weeks were all 3 kids were in school from being sick now himself has gone down with flu :(
    Think I got a total of 10 hours sleep in the past week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's people fishing for compliments, like the makeup free profile challenge a couple of years ago. "OMG Babes, you haven't aged a day". It's been ten years, of course they've aged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

people in the 'Someone unusual you fancy... ' posting posting complete and verifiable rides.

why do I care so much!!!???!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , I know :D

It's like we'd say , oh dear , look , I told you it would die , sad face with a smug grin :p

😂😂😂

TA not being able to find the opening on a previously opened net bag of fruit. It's like it meshes back together again, drives me nuts.

Edit to add TA for the first time ever an emoji showed in a post for me the other day and now they won't again unless I use the ones you make yourself :(

That might well be the case, but it doesn't mean I have to like the idea of them hovering around the table waiting to pounce like a predator you'd see on them nature documentaries

Haha no, definitely not. They really shouldn’t be so obvious about it, after once or twice walking past a table in that situation I tend to feel a bit awkward so I go off and try find something else to do

sheesh wrote: »
    people in the 'Someone unusual you fancy... ' posting posting complete and verifiable rides.

why do I care so much!!!???!

It drives me mad. Every time. Read the f%cking thread title, people :mad:

When you accidentally close a tab on the browser on your phone and then can’t remember what the tab you closed was

• Advertisement

Film titles with symbols instead of letters.

The first one I remember was Se7en, which at the time I thought was pretty clever. But since then there have been so many.

It's not clever anymore, it's (trivially) annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement