Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a banging headache but not a hangover.
    It’s like I am doing the penance but did not sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Get up at 4pm to put on my jacket and go home and the razor sharp wits thinking that are Oscar Wilde start up

“Half day Mike?”
    “Grand for some mike”
    “Some people have the life eh?”

They can go to hell. I get up at 6:30, be at my bus stop at 7 and I’m at my desk at 7:30 so I do my hours and all my tasks. I like this and my boss lets me do it

The stroll in at 9:10, go for coffee and then blame others that they stay to 5:30. They never see me here at 7:30 and reckon I’m a dosser :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Get up at 4pm to put on my jacket and go home and the razor sharp wits thinking that are Oscar Wilde start up

“Half day Mike?”
    “Grand for some mike”

They can go to hell. I get up at 6:30, be at my bus stop at 7 and I’m at my desk at 7:30 so I do my hours and all my tasks. I like this and my boss lets me do it

The stroll in at 9:10, go for coffee and then blame others that they stay to 5:30. They never see me here at 7:30 and reckon I’m a dosser :mad:
    I'd be smiling on the way out the door saying how **** it would be to be stuck there til 5:30.

Early start and early finish for me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Film titles with symbols instead of letters.

The first one I remember was Se7en, which at the time I thought was pretty clever. But since then there have been so many.

It's not clever anymore, it's (trivially) annoying.

Even more annoying when bands do the same e.g. Ho99o9 (Horror).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Similar to another poster, I hate being in a place where the second you're done eating you're all but shoved out the door. If you're not spending then you're a waste of space. I've stopped going to one local eaterie for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Road works, stuck in traffic for 30mins because of the feens with their stop/go yolk like .

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I've had waiting staff attempt to take my plate during a pause in my eating!!!
    I am a slow eater so just because everyone else is finished doesn't mean I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Fork in the hand.

JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD.

My TA, thinking it'd be a good idea to stop eating chocolate during the week.
    Day 4 and I'd murder a puppy for a milkybar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Driving my car and for some reason it just doesn’t feel right. Can’t really explain in what way, but it just doesn’t feel like it’s driving right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

mikemac2 wrote: »

“Half day Mike?”
    “Grand for some mike”

I work with a number of martyrs who stay late every evening, and make sure that they're seen by a manager doing so. In my mind, if you have to stay that late, while everyone else is gone, you're clearly sh!t at your job. No one in this place needs to be here longer than 8 hours a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

madmaggie wrote: »
    Similar to another poster, I hate being in a place where the second you're done eating you're all but shoved out the door. If you're not spending then you're a waste of space. I've stopped going to one local eaterie for this reason.

Similar thing happened to my OH at a months mind at a church, people were leaving the church stopped between the main doors and inner doors, priest turned out all the lights on them, walked to outside of inner doors locked them and stared at people till they moved then shut the main door on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yorkshire pudding is not an adequate side for a beef stew yet every time we have stew we have the same argument and it always ends in the same way.
    It's grand having Yorkies and something else but not just Yorkies... Why doesn't he understand?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

And on a related TA - places where you order dessert and a coffee. The coffee is plonked down immediately but the dessert doesn't come for 5 minutes or more. The coffee is either drank or gone cold.

Also, restaurants where the food is good, but they can't manage a decent cup of coffee. Probably stewed too long in a percolator. No matter how good the food is, I won't go back if the coffee's muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

At break in school we were having a group chat about our various dogs, I told a story about how boy dog is on days im gone for 12 hours and how he waits till he has squeezed his treats from me to decide to be mad at me for abandoning him all day.
    Then I passed along a funny story I read about a specific dog in the states.

One of the class called my dog dumb and said I was spreading fake news with that story, she shouted over me all the time I tried to clarify her uptake on it.

Other ppl say I should shrug it off as she was 'trying to be funny'

Yup no, noone calls my dog dumb.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Meet your twin.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Fork in the hand.

You took the words out of my mouth. This, exactly. And forget about getting a tip.

First of all, check the cutlery and see how it's been placed, and second of all, it wouldn't kill you to ask, if you're not sure. But stealing a plate off of someone's nose? A sackable offence, in my view.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bredabe wrote: »
    At break in school we were having a group chat about our various dogs, I told a story about how boy dog is on days im gone for 12 hours and how he waits till he has squeezed his treats from me to decide to be mad at me for abandoning him all day.

One of the class called my dog dumb and said I was spreading fake news with that story, she shouted over me all the time I tried to clarify her uptake on it.

Tell her to fudge off! clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Driving my car and for some reason it just doesn’t feel right. Can’t really explain in what way, but it just doesn’t feel like it’s driving right :confused:

That. That right there. Plonked across the counter from me and saying, word for word, what you've said there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Reminds me of a time i was in a cafe having a coffee and some breakfast.Was finished breakfast but still had my coffee.Went to teh loo and came back and everything was cleared away.Just my jacket on a chair.

Went up and she said i thought you had gone.[1]Jacket still there and [2]i hadnr paid yet.
    It really annoyed me cause the coffee was at a lovely place i could drink it without burning the gob off myself.Got another coffee and they gave me a cake,but it wasnt the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Bredabe wrote: »

This 100%! You can insult me or my hubby, no problem, but if you say anything bad about our adored fur baby boy, you just might get hurt. :D

That. That right there. Plonked across the counter from me and saying, word for word, what you've said there :mad:

I dunno, it just feels sluggish or something :confused: wouldn’t go to a mechanic until something actually happened though, because I couldn’t stand the embarrassment of going to him and saying that and there being nothing wrong :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that wear earphones, yet I can still hear their music

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have you checked the hand brake, Kitty? :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Have you checked the hand brake, Kitty? :pac:

I have, it was the first thing I checked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Did they eventually stop or did they figure out what the problem was ?

Got a FB invite to this girls 21st, even though she’s a friend of a friend who I’ve only met once. Didn’t respond to the invite as it’s unlikely I’ll go, especially as I’d have to travel to it. Later on this evening I got a notification that she updated my response to “going”. Why bother? Is she that desperate to make it look like loads of people will be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Did they eventually stop or did they figure out what the problem was ?

Nope. And the problem was, it was "warranty" so it cost them nothing to chaw the ear off me about this "thing" that wasn't happening, but definitely happened a month ago and they want "it" to be "checked".

Then there's; "There's a rattle in the hard plastic dashboard of the car that Raahithya in Chennai put together for the ultra-ironic sum of two euros an hour".

That being said, we're not all about ignoring customers. :o
    We couldn't replicate an intermittent "dashboard stops working" fault on a car so gave them one while we drove theirs. Six weeks in and it happens, video taken, sent to Dublin and new clocks approved.
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Got a FB invite to this girls 21st, even though she’s a friend of a friend who I’ve only met once. Didn’t respond to the invite as it’s unlikely I’ll go, especially as I’d have to travel to it. Later on this evening I got a notification that she updated my response to “going”. Why bother? Is she that desperate to make it look like loads of people will be there?
    Reason enough not to go. Some people just have to look important, I guess? Imagine the ****e that'd be talked there... :o

Reason enough not to go. Some people just have to look important, I guess? Imagine the ****e that'd be talked there... :o

For sure. If I wasn’t going in the first place, I’m definitely not now :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Work for me.

Multiple projects happening in my department. Not told about any of them to they go live. I quastion this I get told its because I am not there long enough. But every project effects my day to day work so it would have been nice to be involved.

I just want to be told straight if there is any point to my job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I hate when people start every sentence, or make every point by using "you know what...……" or but "hey you know what...…………."

does my head in!

latest?cb=20181209051308

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Someone took my soap from my work shower

ffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement