Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

madmaggie wrote: »
    Similar to another poster, I hate being in a place where the second you're done eating you're all but shoved out the door. If you're not spending then you're a waste of space. I've stopped going to one local eaterie for this reason.

Sorry madmaggie, but that word makes me feel so angry when I see it :mad:

Fortunately, I never hear anyone actually say it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I had no idea that my hatred for any and all politics and politicians could still grow.
    But then i got my payslip

Thanks Leo for the extra €2,50 per month. I am sure it will make finding a place to live later this year a lot easier.

It also leaves me only €1 short for the annual price increase by Virginmedia, who, because of that, of course are also *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My morning at home today turned into bringing my mother to the doctor to collect her prescription. It has now escalated into then driving into town and bringing it to the chemist adding another half hour onto it by time am parked up and walk there. I am willing to bet she will want to go to the sopermarket then too. I have sh1t loads to get done before school finishes, I'm so annoyed but she has no one else to help so I can't say no :(

Just not my day today.....

Woke up, saw 2 text messages on my phone from three.

Bla bla bla, insufficient balance to renew your internet addon.

Me thinking: that is weird, last time i checked there was €97,50.
    Go on line, check account; balance €80, addon active, expires 16-2-2019. Sounds about right.

Ok, they messed up their texts.

30 mins ago: Text from Three: Hi, we took €2 for a daily internet pass.
    Me: Oh no, you didnt?!?!

Check account: €2 indeed taken and balance..... €0

(insert picture of me with steam coming out of my ears)

Call helpdesk (yeah, i know)
    Now i have a lot of patience with helpdesks but that patience is gone when i am being told by an indian script reader that i have to wait 24 hours till the system is updated.

No, just no. You rob me of €80, i am not going to wait for 24 hours and not being able to make calls in that time. thanks for the one-off 500 mb data but data was the least of my problems.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    *Reads that, scraps Three off the list of potential Vodafone replacements. And Vodafone are baaaad.*

• Advertisement

I never changed providers. They just kept merging and changing names.
    Depending on how they solve this i just might go look elsewhere.

Thing is, there are hardly any companies left whose first intention isnt to screw you over and dont take responsibility when they **** up.
    Sign of the times. It is always someone else's fault and please dont expect me to solve your problem in a time that is acceptable to you.

Should have gone the twitter route straight on. Somehow i always get **** done that way. Now a keith is looking into it iinstead of a scriptreader by the name of Apu telling me to wait 24 hours.
    I dont blame Apu btw, i blame companies outsourcing their support so their shareholders get just a little bit more rich

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Those who, when eating, use the fork with their right hand and leave the knife on the table. Savages! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not so much TA, funny really but reminded me of this thread.
    Crowd of lads here all gathered around a desk. I was at a distance so couldn’t hear what they were saying but I could hear groans of agreement and nodding, one lad even had his finger pressed to his chin in that considered and pensive “hmmm yes” pose. I walked over and was like “what are ye chatting about here it looks very serious altogether”
    Their answer “Miriam O Callaghan’s breasts” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for today - people when they are at the check out in the shop and suddenly forget something and disappear off down the aisles to get whatever it is. They should be gone only 30 seconds or so, but usually are gone for what seems like an hour. Highly frustrating imo - you leave the queue, you loose your spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Not so much TA, funny really but reminded me of this thread. Crowd of lads here all gathered around a desk. I was at a distance so couldn’t hear what they were saying but I could hear groans of agreement and nodding, one lad even had his finger pressed to his chin in that considered and pensive “hmmm yes†pose. I walked over and was like “what are ye chatting about here it looks very serious altogether†Their answer “Miriam O Callaghan’s breastsâ€

Was Boom Bap there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Count Down wrote: »
    Those who, when eating, use the fork with their right hand and leave the knife on the table. Savages! :confused:

Americans :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Americans :mad:

Yes. They started it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

****e off, I do that :P

Although, only when I don't need the knife any more or I'm trying to scoop up the last few bits off the plate.
    Dirty knife never left on the table btw, if that's what you meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Live round my way and you have two choices.
    Either consume your food with one arm curled protectively around your plate to keep the other feckin vultures in the house at bay while the other arm shovels lumpy mash down yer gullet between frantic breaths, or starve..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People throwing a wobbler on Facebook over the deer cull in the Phoenix Park. Why are they all getting their knickers in a twist this year? It happens pretty much every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I want to know when there will be a people cull so I can support it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People throwing a wobbler on Facebook over the deer cull in the Phoenix Park. Why are they all getting their knickers in a twist this year? It happens every single year.

Because helping populations artificially grow way beyond the lands current capacity to sustain them, resulting in literal and figurative Hell for those live there is great for "the good feels". :o

TA; considering sanding the surface of some knives to see if the butter will stick to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

“what are ye chatting about here it looks very serious altogether”
    Their answer “Miriam O Callaghan’s breasts” :D

A serious subject indeed. Altogether and also separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got into my car this morning, pressed the button, nothing, and then on the screen 'Engine Start not possible, call roadside assistance' Lovely. It did start after 5 or 6 attempts but I was almost afraid to switch it off in case it didn't start again.

It seems fine now so I suppose there's no point in calling the garage about it, cos they'll probably tell me there's nothing wrong with it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I don’t have a fancy car screen to tell me what’s wrong with my banger.
    Also another very trivial annoyance. I’m going going for dinner tonight but the Indian place I used to frequent has replaced the head chef and the food has suffered for it in my opinion. However they were always fairly loose with the wine and would often top you up twice or three times and refuse payment for it. So my TA is do I go and suffer the subpar food cos free wine or go somewhere else where there’s better food but no freebie. Decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,422 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I want to know when there will be a people cull so I can support it :p

I would be happy to provide some names if it happens. Just to help out like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

+1

Can't eat a sandwich now without the dogs looking and putting guilt on me, they're never fed of course.

It's not much consolation when the feckin' thing wont start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Cars were so much simpler then, Like looking into a tardis now.:(

I've a terrible suspicion I'm getting a cold #sake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was Boom Bap there? :D

Ahem Boop Bap is the new name:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ahem BooB Bap is the new name:D:D

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Did a job interview today and 3 of them tag teaming me

Maybe school teachers and other public servants have this but not for me, an office drone doing accounts. I've never ever had more than 2 people interviewing me

Was excessive imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being lazy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement