Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Colleague who only came back after the Christmas holidays on the 7th and moved to a three-day week when she did is on her fourth sick day of the year so far.

This person also happens to be one of my oldest friends and spends her life complaining about her mean boss who won't give her a salary increase. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold my tongue.

Moany colleagues in general !.

Spending so much time moaning about all the work they have to do and passing stuff on to others because "they're too busy" :mad:

The time spent on moaning would more than cover the work load

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bf’s moving to Limerick in the summer, and I loaned him €200 from my savings for the deposit, he has it all paid back so we’re all good there. Now his reclusive older brother wants to move in too, which isn’t ideal but I won’t be living there so hey ho. But his brother (who is 25/26) and has never said so much as a word to me in as long as I’ve been with my bf, asked my bf to ask ME to pay his deposit as well. Not sure if he meant a loan (in which case, cheeky fecker) or to just pay it, in which case I will be absolutely livid.

Do I look like a fcuking bank???

EDIT: although he may have been joking but still, it’s pissed me right off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bf’s moving to Limerick in the summer, and I loaned him €200 from my savings for the deposit, he has it all paid back so we’re all good there. Now his reclusive older brother wants to move in too, which isn’t ideal but I won’t be living there so hey ho. But his brother (who is 25/26) and has never said so much as a word to me in as long as I’ve been with my bf, asked my bf to ask ME to pay his deposit as well. Not sure if he meant a loan (in which case, cheeky fecker) or to just pay it, in which case I will be absolutely livid.

Do I look like a fcuking bank???

EDIT: although he may have been joking but still, it’s pissed me right off

Ahhhh here tell him take a running jump! the cheeky sod :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

"Team colleagues" who go missing for days during a tight deadline and ignore the contribution I made during their absence and then decides that the 20% of the final mark for the submission isn't worth sweating about.

TA, even tho she's decided Im quite disposable, she is praising the guys who did her work, but dragging their marks down as well. Course admin says we have to work it out ourselves.:mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've just taken a layer of skin off the roof of my mouth with hot soup. And I'm still hungry after it :(

• Advertisement

Ahhhh here tell him take a running jump! the cheeky sod :mad:

Need to find out if he’s joking, but if he’s not I’ll be mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When good threads are dominated by absolute bellends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

When good threads are dominated by absolute bellends.

SO THEIR OPINIONS DON'T COUNT!!!!! typical lefty snowflake trying to silence debate! Misogyny, transgenders, something something

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by my nasty colleagues complaining they didn't a get bag of left over crisps from lunch today. Saying 'it was for our team' Nope !
    I'm so pissed off I'm gonna show the agenda that DOES NOT name 'your' team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Dancers.

Not professional dancers - people that like dancing in clubs and at weddings and ****. I'm not a dancer. I'm rarely in the mood and terrible at it. The best you'll get out of me is a bit of arrhythmic, awkward shuffling. I'm fine with it - I'll get myself a pint at the bar or go to the smoking area and have a chat and a bit of craic or something. What pisses me off is the dancers that won't leave you alone. It's as if because they like dancing, everybody else must too, and god forbid you don't want to dance with them - it's like a personal insult. If you want to go dancing, away with ya and leave me alone! :mad::P:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The same old sh*te over and over again yada yada yada

Beginning to crash out around now. So tired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Where are all these dishes coming from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have a severe dislike of a colleague. At the stage now, where I now dislike what they like and change the radio when a band they like comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Battery life, I might as well have a land line

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

GBX wrote: »
    Have a severe dislike of a colleague. At the stage now, where I now dislike what they like and change the radio when a band they like comes on.

Had a potential child’s name I’ve always loved, until I started working with miserable bitch with the name

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Had a potential child’s name I’ve always loved, until I started working with miserable bitch with the name

You never realise how many people you dislike until it comes to naming your child

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dancers.

Not professional dancers - people that like dancing in clubs and at weddings and ****. I'm not a dancer. I'm rarely in the mood and terrible at it. The best you'll get out of me is a bit of arrhythmic, awkward shuffling. I'm fine with it - I'll get myself a pint at the bar or go to the smoking area and have a chat and a bit of craic or something. What pisses me off is the dancers that won't leave you alone. It's as if because they like dancing, everybody else must too, and god forbid you don't want to dance with them - it's like a personal insult. If you want to go dancing, away with ya and leave me alone! :mad::P:mad:

If I could thank this post 10 times I would. I think we should start handing out cards that say "No, I would NOT like to dance, or I'd be doing it already. Yes, I'm sure. No, not everyone can dance and we don't just need a bit of practice. No, this doesn't make me asocial or a recluse or plain weird. And no, I don't need to relax. If you still want to ask more questions about it, please read this from the top."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dancers.

Ah dont be so miserable, you might enjoy yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been getting very frequent calls from an unfamiliar UK mobile number. I blocked it, then another number started coming up on my mobile. I blocked that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah dont be so miserable, you might enjoy yourself :)

D'ya want to get stabbed? 'cause that's how you get stabbed!! :mad:

Well, ok, stabbed with daggers that come out of my eyes, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have tried to light this fire about five fcuking times now and it keeps going out . I’m on my last firelighter and five minutes away from throwing myself in on top of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The limited variety of food in the staff canteen.

I have tried to light this fire about five fcuking times now and it keeps going out . I’m on my last firelighter and five minutes away from throwing myself in on top of it

If all else fails do a Bear Grylls on it, a lump of cotton wool smeared in Vaseline makes a substitute firelighter. Providing you have them both :)

TA I am weary and tired of life today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

madmaggie wrote: »
    I've been getting very frequent calls from an unfamiliar UK mobile number. I blocked it, then another number started coming up on my mobile. I blocked that too.

Not as annoying as getting calls from the Solomon Islands.

Finally realised why I get shaving rash so bad on my legs here as opposed to in Leeds. The hardness of the water seems to be a cause. TA that I can’t really do anything about it.

Also TA at itchy legs, it’s driving me crazy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    If all else fails do a Bear Grylls on it, a lump of cotton wool smeared in Vaseline makes a substitute firelighter. Providing you have them both :)

TA I am weary and tired of life today :(

And tealights work too !

TA feel exactly the same as you today tbh .

I've just taken a layer of skin off the roof of my mouth with hot soup. And I'm still hungry after it :(

I'm like a big whiny baby but it hurts so much, just eaten my dinner and the pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'm like a big whiny baby but it hurts so much, just eaten my dinner and the pain :(

Take pain relief , people forget that burn is pain so take Nurofen and Paracetemol . Daktarin oral gel might ease the burn too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

A painful burn is a good thing. It's the ones that don't hurt that are the ones you really don't want :o

Massage a spoon or two of Manuka honey around it and maybe a salty rinse just in case..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement