Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

being charge the price of a 2l bottle of fanta lemon but for a 1.75L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for having gained 4 pounds over the last few weeks. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Moist...

No,just no:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Had a dream about being on a group trip to see a match. Everyone was dawdling about with no intention of getting ready to leave where we were staying. Ended up missing it.

Still annoyed at the fekkers now I'm awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Buying a Lotto ticket and asking for NO plus to be added......and I am handed a ticket with the plus added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I bought myself an americano in insomnia this morning because i got to work early. The fact that it was awfully weak was bad enough but to top it off that one coffee cost me more than the jar of tesco finest coffee that i normally use in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The drawstring on the waist of my jacket is always longer on one side no matter how much I adjust it. Does my head in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Websites which make you repeat selections - Language choice .. then log in, click "remember me" which I assume is a cookie of some sort which should save settings? ... and then having to select the language again. Rinse repeat forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Long queue in the shop and one lad tries to start a conversation with the tiller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who live in the past and portray it as some kind of utopia. "In my day...", "As children we had...". Move on, times change, people and society change. And it wasn't always better back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who live in the past and portray it as some kind of utopia. "In my day...", "As children we had...". Move on, times change, people and society change. And it wasn't always better back then.
    A thousand times this. These people harp on about how they didn't have this or that and times were great. Well if they were so great, why do you now have internet and indoor plumbing and every other convenience of modern living? Because the old ways were not the best ways ya hypocrite! And no, children did not have more respect "back in the day". Man it feels good to get that off my chest :D

Dial Hard wrote: »
    In particular one poster who likes to think of herself as Peig Sayer reincarnated and has single-handedly ruined the Stinge thread with her constant interjections about how each example isn't stingey, it's frugal and how everyone did it back in the heady days of 90% of Irish people living in abject poverty :rolleyes:
    Best description ever. I actually burst out laughing :pac: I'm just going to ignore her from now on. It got to ridiculous levels when apparently using old underwear to dry the dishes is acceptable :rolleyes: Ffs, in this day and age, if someone couldn't afford to buy a set of tea towels for €1.50 in Dealz, they could simply let the dishes air dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My dad talks about how absolutely terrible his childhood was and how they had nothing at all. You know, except a roof over their heads and clothes and food and nobody ever went hungry but oh no, they didn't have a TV for years and their holidays were in east Cork, what abject poverty! Apparently I should feel forever grateful that I was taken to Disneyland, it doesn't matter if you neglect your children, as long as you take them on holiday folks.

I was surprised to find myself feeling pretty ok after my yoga class yesterday but now my arse and legs have started killing me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sometimes when you attach pics they turn sideways.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Left my wallet at home today specifically so I wouldn't be able to go out for lunch.

Now I'm annoyed that I can't go out for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The drawstring on the waist of my jacket is always longer on one side no matter how much I adjust it. Does my head in :(

Not at the waist but the same problem..

471907.jpeg

Just two knots when the string is relaxed...problem solved.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Best description ever. I actually burst out laughing :pac: I'm just going to ignore her from now on. It got to ridiculous levels when apparently using old underwear to dry the dishes is acceptable :rolleyes: Ffs, in this day and age, if someone couldn't afford to buy a set of tea towels for €1.50 in Dealz, they could simply let the dishes air dry!

I suspect this is the one and only person on my ignore list.

Drivers dawdling at 34km/h on a 100km/h road with no ice, and a straight road ahead. Why is there always a stream of cars coming in the opposite direction when you get stuck behind these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Didn’t get paid today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Coats that have no hook hanger thingy on the inside of collar to hang on a hook. Most coats to be fair have them but some don't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Walked to Boojum to get lunch. Didn't bring my purse just shoved a 20 in my pocket on the way out. Got to Boojum - No 20. ****er must've fallen out on the way. Thank god I hadn't ordered already coz I would've been mortified. Had to walk back to the office to get my purse and then back again to Boojum. God dammit. I hope some bastard chokes on the drink he/she buys with my 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

*heads over to stinge thread to see who everyone's talking about.. :D

I suspect this is the one and only person on my ignore list.
    I tried using the ignore function but I find it very annoying. I thought it would hide posts but all it does is collapse them, which actually makes the poster stand out on the thread and ruins the flow for me. Why can't boards make it so the poster is completely hidden?

bauney wrote: »
    Coats that have no hook hanger thingy on the inside of collar to hang on a hook. Most coats to be fair have them but some don't
    Or it's not strong enough to support the weight of the coat and it breaks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Didn’t get paid today :mad:

Bastards!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »
    No,just no:eek::D

The moist maker :cool:

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tidying up on NYE to take my mind off my upset at having to talk to the girls online instead of in person(they are on a world tour, only the best crappy hostels for them!)

I took some walking shoes I had put right on a last the minute I bought them, as I was thinking of where to put them my brain said put them in x, you'll remember no problem.

Of course, I can't find them now!

TA I can't find cut and pasteable graphics that will show the info I've put in my report.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bastards!

Will be chasing them up over it tomorrow :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My sandwich!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The way people lose the run of themselves over free food. One of the teams in work just left two leftover Domino's pizzas in the canteen and there was practically a stampede to get to them. By people who'd literally just eaten their lunch. I don't get it.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement