Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,466 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How threads go off on tangents so quickly.

For example, take the current one in AH about how much you spend before buying anything

Start reading, all grand. Load of figures etc, what people are spending

Then you think, I'll jump to current last page, and there you have people arguing over what exactly defines a loan or where they got their degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The rash of weird e-mails continues. Today one colleague informed us of his intention to gather "...all the reports in one foul swoop", while another is "... not opposed to the idea percy..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    A thousand times this. These people harp on about how they didn't have this or that and times were great. Well if they were so great, why do you now have internet and indoor plumbing and every other convenience of modern living? Because the old ways were not the best ways ya hypocrite! And no, children did not have more respect "back in the day". Man it feels good to get that off my chest :D

Oh the respect thing gets on my wick.I had a row wiht somebody on fb the other day about that.And then they where waxing lyrical bout going to the pub and the parents drink driving home.And no seatbelts.And shure arent we all grand.

I had to leave,they where doing my nut in.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Rude check out assistants, not having the decency to hand back your change into your hand only to fcuk it down on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The pronunciation of theatre as “thee-ate-er”. Drives me crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The rash of weird e-mails continues. Today one colleague informed us of his intention to gather "...all the reports in one foul swoop", while another is "... not opposed to the idea percy..."

Write back and ask for clarity on who Percy is.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭4Ad

I got a letter from my Solicitor about an outstanding balance, as far as I was concerned there wasn't. I was passing so I called in and explained how and when I had paid, I had receipts..
    Amazing she let me off 400 + euros with no hassle..Hmmm.

Rang Dyson Dublin number, got through to English call centre, it is a got my email, address blah blah blah, I explained fault. He informs me 'I have ran it through diagnostics and I'm unable to find the problem !! You asked me 2 questions and thats diagnostics ? Then tried to sell me a motor and battery for 170 Euros...F@@k away..

I wanted to join the local GAA club and gym, rang, no answer. Sent a message, no reply...

And don't get me started about the Childrens hospital investigation and the line at the end of Terms of Reference that no on will be responsible or accountable..
    No one ever is...

Rant over...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My sandwich!!!! :D

Did you put in too many tomatoes and the bread was too moist? HAH!
    Rude check out assistants, not having the decency to hand back your change into your hand only to fcuk it down on the counter.

Don't know if it helps, but it could be a "lost in translation" thing, especially if the person at the till wasn't Irish - in some countries they have a little tray where people place their money and where the person at the till puts the change, as it's seen as bad manners to hand people money directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Had to replace 4 tyres on the car today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

New Home wrote: »
    Don't know if it helps, but it could be a "lost in translation" thing, especially if the person at the till wasn't Irish - in some countries they have a little tray where people place their money and where the person at the till puts the change, as it's seen as bad manners to hand people money directly.

I learned this when I was in Krakow, I thought they were being rude and they must have thought I was being rude :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A thug jailed today for kidnapping a post office worker who had 60 PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS . *sake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got to train station at 730pm. My car won't start. Battery flat. Breakdown Assistance will take 60-90 minutes to aarive. My NCT retest is at 940pm, 20 minutes drive away.

It's freezing, I'm starving and dying for a slash.
    This will go down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My glasses got matted in my hair and are literally hanging off the back of my hair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The likes of Roz f*cking Purcell masquerading as chefs.

Actually, I don’t know which annoys me more...her, or the clowns who follow her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The use of sports to peddle alcohol.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

A person I know keeps saying "Advocado".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Posting a thread about a film in the cinema that I saw this evening, and forgetting there was a thread on it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

KungPao wrote: »

Advocado [noun] a cross between a pear and a lawyer

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

KungPao wrote: »

Isn't that just "lawyer" in Spanish? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dermot bannon is on the late late again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dermot bannon is on the late late again

No idea why anyone would hire him after seeing his modus operandi

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No idea why anyone would hire him after seeing his modus operandi

It's all about what he wants!

My hair is soaking after my shower, but I’m too lazy and cold to go and dry it

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My hair is soaking after my shower, but I’m too lazy and cold to go and dry it

Don't go to bed with wet hair anyway :eek:

Plus, the hairdryer would warm up your head and you wouldn't feel as cold any more.

New Home wrote: »
    Plus, the hairdryer would warm up your head and you wouldn't feel as cold any more.

This is a good point. I sat by the fire for a bit to dry it, but I will have to use the hairdryer soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Misplacing something and not remembering where I left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,466 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RMAOK wrote: »

Worse is when you have something important, like a key for a door or a padlock, and you say to yourself "right, I'm going to put this in such a place so I won't forget where it is"......and then forgetting where you put it.

Happens to me all the time. Usually re-find the things by accident.

RMAOK wrote: »

Also when you tell someone that you've lost something and they say "Where did you put it?".. Just f off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

If it was put in to my hand,i gave it back the same way.If it was flung on the counter,i put the change back on the counter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement