Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

The way Ciara Kelly pronounces the word news, as "nooze".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A TA of mine, your googling info and what you read you press the link, you start reading on the page and a stupid box blocks what your reading, either a message like 'this site uses cookies' or 'do you agree or not agree' or 'add your email for daily updates'. FECK OFF! I just want to read the article.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA at attention seeking me me me people , would ye ever gtfo . More than TA to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The way Ciara Kelly pronounces the word news, as "nooze".

Along the same line - TA for today, mid Atlantic twang :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TA'd when you can't open the kitchen drawer properly due to some jammed utensil, resulting in a complete load of faff and footering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When I was coming home from Limerick this evening, there’s a part of the road where two lanes merge into one. I was in the left lane as it’s the right lane that merges into the left. Anyway, as it was rush hour, traffic was fairly heavy and there was a long stream of traffic in front of me, and we weren’t going any more than 40km/h. Fairly close to where the two lanes merge into one, this Range Rover overtakes about 5 cars, my own and the one in front of me included, but then ran out of road and tried to swerve in front of me nearly driving me off the road :mad: some assholes on the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Apparently the council decided to house a fresh out of prison junkie lady a few houses down and everyone on the road is sweating it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yellow snacks have shrunk. Only 4 biscuits now, being promoted as 4 bigger biscuits but total biscuit amount is no way the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have forgotten shopping bags the last 3 times I have been to the supermarket. In protest I refused to buy more bags when asked did I need any yesterday. Instead I put everything back in the trolley and then on the back seat /floor of the car. When I got home I had to pack it in bags to carry it in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bought car insurance, realised when I got the policy documents that I was a doofus and put my name where my husbands name needed to be. Rang to change but thats apparently not possible. Had to cancel the policy and will now have to redo everything, with the added indignation of a £20 non-refundable arrangement fee. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that one of the people in my estate has self appointed himself as the moral guardian. The eejit was drunk as a lord at Noon today lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm after spending half an hour looking for a CD that I wouldn't swear I actually have. The aul mancave is in a bad way for decluttering.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

[PHP][/PHP]
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Bought car insurance, realised when I got the policy documents that I was a doofus and put my name where my husbands name needed to be. Rang to change but thats apparently not possible. Had to cancel the policy and will now have to redo everything, with the added indignation of a £20 non-refundable arrangement fee. Ugh.

Have spent the last 15 or so hours going around in circles with Airbnb because someone on their end f***ed up. The two minutes it would have taken to reverse it is not possible apparently, so its just one big merry go round

I'm despairing that this is now what we have to put up with for customer service across the board. All we have left is incompetence with no accountability. Call a number and get stuck talking to some poor unfortunate soul who has a script to follow that they can't deviate from. And always ends with the customer getting screwed. Little Britain nailed it with their 'Computer Says No' sketches. And a special shout out for Aer Lingus who are the absolute masters at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm after spending half an hour looking for a CD that I wouldn't swear I actually have. The aul mancave is in a bad way for decluttering.

Some of mine take at least 30 minutes to retrieve. Buried behind shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TA'd that, even as a fairly confident cook, I still cannot poach an egg properly.

Like, effort. Splat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

TA'd that, even as a fairly confident cook, I still cannot poach an egg properly.

Like, effort. Splat!

Secret is to use a very fresh egg. I always made delicious poached egg when I kept hens and used that days eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,476 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Like, effort. Splat!

Half cup of cold water, smallish bowl, water into bowl,crack egg into bowl, bowl into microwave, no prodding, pinning, or fuhhrke all, 80 secs.

Take bowl out, slotted spoon, remove egg, check if to taste, onto toast,

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The new Diet Coke poster ad.
    I hate Diet Coke anyway, but the inner OCD / clean freak in me is going bananas at the overspill!
    For the love of God, why????
    Clean it up ye gobsh*te!

v5esgm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I got paid this week, but I didn’t get paid enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm in my 30s and I still can't button my shirt properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,262 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The new Diet Coke poster ad.
    I hate Diet Coke anyway, but the inner OCD / clean freak in me is going bananas at the overspill!
    For the love of God, why????
    Clean it up ye gobsh*te!

v5esgm.jpg

Giving the ad sexy overtones, but we can't have a half naked person because of 'tink of de childer'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I'm in my 30s and I still can't button my shirt properly.

That's why people used to have servants... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

As my mother used to say 'when the sun shines the dust shines'....oh well it'll be cloudy again soon.

Seven Worlds will Collide

TA for today - wind :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for today - wind :mad:

I'm a bit flatulent myself.

I'm a bit flatulent myself.

:D:D:D

Think of the damage that's been done to the environment with all that extra methane being released.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have forgotten shopping bags the last 3 times I have been to the supermarket. In protest I refused to buy more bags when asked did I need any yesterday. Instead I put everything back in the trolley and then on the back seat /floor of the car. When I got home I had to pack it in bags to carry it in :(

We have what is called a 'Gardening Bucket' which is basically a bit squishy rubber container, which lives in the boot(its that squishy) that we put the shopping in when it gets to the car, just one thing to carry in once we arrive back.

* also, Aldi had trolley bags on sale last week, they fit in the trolley and close at the top so you can just pick them up out of the trolley and place in the car(its a pack of three graduating sized bags)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Had a phonecall from my bank... asking my name... dob and why I paid €120 to someone...they had been asked by Citybank to find out...it's actually for Pat in the gentlemans thread for nice smells...

Got another call back and she said this time Citybank wanted to know how long I'd been in the country and what nationality I was?!?!
    Seems my new username BAM was setting off alarms.....I've been profiled as an ISIS bomber ffs!
    :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache and didn't sleep well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

As my mother used to say 'when the sun shines the dust shines'....oh well it'll be cloudy again soon.

Im robbing that quote.

My ta is.In Tesco just finished paying for shopping.Im on selfscan,packing away.And some women comes up and starts scanning stuff.

Eh,hello im still packing.Use your eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement