Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

New Home wrote: »
    Now that I think of it... how will they solve the problem of the "man" part in the word "woman"? :eek:

Wo and no.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Now that I think of it... how will they solve the problem of the "man" part in the word "woman"? :eek:
    Man goes into woman for reproduction purposes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Man goes into woman for reproduction purposes

I believe parthenogenesis is the future, and the only equal thing to do. Probably not as enjoyable, mind you...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I believe parthenogenesis is the future, and the only equal thing to do. Probably not as enjoyable, mind you...

TA at having to google-ise big words :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

northgirl wrote: »
    Mag?

Mag for Cash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    TA at having to google-ise big words :P

I blame Srameen. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Seeing a missed call from Dad in work earlier and I was like "sheeeeet".

He wouldn't usually ring me when he knows I am in work unless it is an emergency, and indeed the last two times he done so was to inform me of a death.

So naturally enough I was apprehensive ringing him back when I could and braced myself for bad/worrying news.

Except all he was ringing me for was to tell me there is plenty of food left at home to eat later.

Thanks for the fright though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was lying in bed at 11.30pm and my neighbor across the road was blaring out music from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats really loudly. He must have been holding a Furry themed sex party inside his house ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I think I've seen "womyn" and "womban" proposed as alternatives.

Both of which of course autocorrect to "woman".

Seriously, some cop-on wouldn't go astray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gender reveal parties
    Baby showers
    Push presents
    Half birthdays

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    Seriously, some cop-on wouldn't go astray!

Sure as long as I can do/get what I need, that's all that matters.

Think I'll start following this mentality. Get nothing for being considerate to others.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Sure as long as I can do/get what I want, that's all that matters.

Think I'll start following this mentality. Get nothing for being considerate to others.

FYP. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Can't get past a certain part of a game. It's a really long thing too and I can always get to the very end, and then yer man I'm meant to be saving gets shot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Amazon taking their sweet time sending stuff.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burnt my finger off the oven when I was getting my dinner out :(

• Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What do I call my Man Bag now?

ITS NOT A PURSE ITS A SATCHEL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I freaked myself out :o

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Can't get past a certain part of a game. It's a really long thing too and I can always get to the very end, and then yer man I'm meant to be saving gets shot :mad:

What game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have to wait a week for my new laptop to be delivered. Not fair, I want it now.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Knee pain (aging joints) that are ok during the day , but when you lie down (ooh matron!) off the niggles and the burning start .

On a plus note , it feels like hot water bottles on your knees :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My housemates alarm goes off at 6:45 every morning. That’s 100% acceptable to me, gotta get up and go to work.

My TA is she has gone off for the weekend and her alarm is still going since 6:45

And why don’t these turn off automatically?? It’s been going for 23 minutes now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Knee pain (aging joints) that are ok during the day , but when you lie down (ooh matron!) off the niggles and the burning start .

On a plus note , it feels like hot water bottles on your knees :p

I discovered Bio Freeze lately for achey bones and joint . I love it ! Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I discovered Bio Freeze lately for achey bones and joint . I love it ! Worth a try

Excellent , thank you , will try that tonight !

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Having cleaned the windows only to sit back and see streak marks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The Aldi Halloween ad on the radio to the tune of the Addams family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My housemates alarm goes off at 6:45 every morning. That’s 100% acceptable to me, gotta get up and go to work.

My TA is she has gone off for the weekend and her alarm is still going since 6:45

And why don’t these turn off automatically?? It’s been going for 23 minutes now

Friend stayed in mine last night

His alarm started going off downstairs at 8am(not bad) but it keep going and going and going and going... ding ding ding

And he is sleep right next to it !!! I can hear him snoring through it !!! And it woke me in the upstairs bedroom , wtf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Raspy sore throat 😓😨🤮🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I live with my sister and she NEVER goes anywhere overnight so ye olde free gaff is a rare pearl indeed for me. She has a work thing tonight so I was very much looking forward to having the house to myself.

My other sister is also going away tonight and just rang me to say her ex, who was supposed to have their daughter, is after letting her down. There goes me lovely free gaff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As part of class the other day, I 'confessed' something that was hard for me to say, their first response was to contradict me and then to say I should have done thing and that(which I had).

WHY THE HELL CANT I SAY THIS WAS HARD AND BE BELIEVED?.

I think I got spoiled working in supportive(mostly) environments!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Bullsh1t prententious crisp labeling.
    Hand cooked - so they were cooked in someone's hand?
    Hand cut - nonsense, they went through a big machine
    Atlantic sea salt and cider vinegar - go way outta dat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement