Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I have to print something out, a pdf file for example and the way the file was made I have to print out the background.
    Ages printing and such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The cooker sometimes makes a weird noise that sounds exactly like the start of the Doctor Who theme tune . Very annoying since it is my ringtone :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

RMAOK wrote: »
    Use a capital E

I hate you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ctrl+alt+4, genuinely. €!!!

and you

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm annoyed at myself because I had a temper tantrum today.
    I had a clothes-horse outside and it fell over, and when I went to pick it up it collapsed. Already stressed and pissed-off, I flung the clothes-horse and kicked it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed at myself because I had a temper tantrum today.
    I had a clothes-horse outside and it fell over, and when I went to pick it up it collapsed. Already stressed and pissed-off, I flung the clothes-horse and kicked it :eek:

I bet it felt good at the time though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I bet it felt good at the time though :)

Fantastically :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Unrealistic runners who position themselves in the wrong starting pen at the start of a run(10k half marathin etc). Everyone flies past them and they almost cause an accident and sometimes there may be 3-4 friends together. They will make it worse by running abreast and usually middle aged women.

Had it again last Sunday: a cheeky half marathon and i went into the 1:40 projected finish pen (finished in 1:37) so was bang on in the right place.

But these fcking idiot middle aged men and women were actually positioned 1:30-1:35 lanes and running abreast. Felt like boxing the heads off them running past. You can just tell- their fat middle aged asses is a dead giveaway as everyone flies past them. It is dangerous at the start of a race. There was even more guys further on we had to pass out- overweight, love handles and about to drop dead 400 metres into a 13.1 mile run. Just one look at their body and you know sunshine ain't running 1:35...closer to 2:35.

There was a young guy beforehand chatting to his buddy next to me. He admitted he had never run over 10 miles and he did that in 1hr 47....which is complete ****e. I am no champion but I do it in 1hr 12 and yet this twat is standing next to me in the 1:40 pen.

Those idiots are probably still out on the course 3 days on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I hate you

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah but Newie, his heart belongs to you. Also TA'd that I don't have a boards GF by the way :(:D

Well, you were on my list twice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Ta'd I didn't make kitty list or poochies list 😏🤔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Kitty6277 wrote: »

And the position of my boards GF has been filled :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ta'd I didn't make kitty list or poochies list 😏🤔

:D:D:D:D:D

We all know which one you prefer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D

We all know which one you prefer.

Ohhhhhh homeo 😀🤦

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Again with the off topic chat 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

This thread has become a farce over the past few months.

Chats going on left right and centre. It's head wrecking scrolling through the nonsense that only the four people involved in the chat have any interest in.

Not to mention "TA's" that aren't T at all, but rather genuinely sad things. What is that about?

Just rename the thread "chats, sadness and trivial annoyances" if that's what it is. Current title is misleading.

That's my TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

For the regular chatters you all seem like lovely people, but it is very boring to read.

TA with the obsession with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Two “public figures” on Instagram delighted in the fact that she split from her fiance and added photos of ACTORS in a bloody mediocre film.
    The man has a long term partner and children, FRO with that.

🤐🤐🤐

Ta'd not being able too sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Flimsy cardboard CD cases. All the fragility of a record cover but with none of the coolness. When they're shrink wrapped the wrap is always so tight that it creases the cardboard into shite. They often have an opening at the side that lets dust in. The CD somehow pulls off the impossible feat of both being too tight in the case to get out, but so loose that it falls to the floor if you hold it opening side down. Schrodingers CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I don't really get the problem with people chatting on these types of threads. They're only lighthearted threads that are a bit of craic. They're not about serious or important topics​ and nobody is forced to read.

• Advertisement

I don't want to adult today. Not even a little bit. *hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I don't really get the problem with people chatting on these types of threads. They're only lighthearted threads that are a bit of craic. They're not about serious or important topics​ and nobody is forced to read.

See the rules perhaps?

Welcome to the newnew Trivial Annoyance thread. Breathe in that new new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA."""

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA'd at backseat and/or wannabe mods.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Robot dance moves

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

fussyonion wrote: »
    See the rules perhaps?

Welcome to the newnew Trivial Annoyance thread. Breathe in that new new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA."""

That is a brilliantly written rule, I have to admit. Kudos to whoever wrote that. :pac::pac:

But.....that was written ages ago, I believe that the thread has evolved mucho since that rule was written and the type of chat that was taking place at that time has long since been removed from the thread. Plus AH has evolved quite a bit since then based on feedback and the whatnot.

Now, back to the TA, I had flax seeds in my cereal today. The toilet roll in work in way too rough for the day I have ahead.

Can we please stop bickering or we will be in trouble with the mods. Off topic chat used to be immediately stopped when moderation was heavier handed and it was a pain in the arse, you couldn't have a bit of craic. I'm very glad that the moderation seems to have been relaxed so can we just all get along. I can see that you might be annoyed scrolling through off-topic chat if you just want to read trivial annoyances but it is just a bit of light hearted chat, it isn't harming anyone and just keep scrolling if you don't want to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Woke up feeling horrific. Nose blocked, ears blocked, head blocked, blocked blocked.
    I also had a dream that I had to crawl through a narrow space to get out of a room and I got stuck, and the feeling of claustrophobia still hasn’t left me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We're forced to scroll past, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have to go out but am waiting on someone to collect something from the house first . At 10.30 they said they'd be here soon , still waiting ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that my gym session last night was really tough. I did the same things I have been doing but for some reason, I really struggled

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement