Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

mikemac2 wrote: »
    One year contract finished up in work yesterday.

Everyone was lovely, keep in touch, take my phone number, all the best and so on :)

Everyone except our manager, the very man who hired me. Didn’t say one word to me. No thanks for your work the past year (even the lovely HR lady gave me that), no all the best, no nothing, not even a handshake

In fact he kept me late on my last day to do a task, well anyone could have done it. I could have objected but sure didn’t want drama and just did it

I later said to the others I was a bit hurt and put out over his behavior but was told by the others he has been like that for years

‘Tis a shoddy way to manage people :/

Interview next week, onwards I go

Best of luck.

Unfortunately those types are everywhere. More to be pitied than anything else.
    Even when the last thing you feel like doing is pitying their pathetic personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Stupid answers on forums.

I ordered a CD from eBay that would have originally come in a jewel case with a white tray. The original case isn't going to be included and I want to make the CD look original. I asked on a forum (not this one) where I could get these cases and have them posted to Ireland without it costing a fortune.

Someone replied "there's a ton here" and gave a link to a fucking Google search for 'white colored jewel cases for sale'. I know how to use Google thanks. I looked already and couldn't find any. If it was that easy to find them I wouldn't be asking on a forum. I even stated on the forum that I live in Ireland and that any cases I've found will cost an arm and a leg to have posted here. Do people like being assholes or are they just thick as pig shit? It's really hard to tell if he was being stupid or rude.

It's annoying when CDs don't come in the original tray - the most common being a clear tray when a black one was originally there.
    I have ordered black trays in bulk from https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/shop-riverpro - might be worth checking if they could source the white ones.

There's a couple of US sellers on Ebay but I imagine postage is prohibitive and they seem to sell bulk lots - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-HIGH-QUALITY-10-4MM-STANDARD-CD-JEWEL-CASES-100-WHITE-TRAYS-BL100-LZ01PK/192691253556?hash=item2cdd4b3134:g:AFwAAOSwKDpbxTsO

In extreme cases, you could just find the cheapest album possible that you know comes in a white tray and swap them around. I did that for a replacement tray for one of the discs from Mike Oldfield's 4CD Elements box set [clear frosted tray]. The standalone single CD version was also sold initially in a clear frosted tray so it was just a matter of finding one (and checking with the seller beforehand).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Going to bed feeling fine, woke up feeling like shít :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

mikemac2 wrote: »

‘Tis a shoddy way to manage people :/

Left my workplace last year, couldn't stand the sh1t from management anymore. Since then there's been a steady stream of people looking for the escape hatch and out the gap, both long time employees and relative newcomers. And do know what, it hasn't dawned on the powers that be that something aint right. The expected Christmas gift card wasn't handed out last year which pissed off quite a few people.

All I got for 10 years was a lousy bottle of apple port (didn't know that was a thing) and a handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Left my workplace last year, couldn't stand the sh1t from management anymore. Since then there's been a steady stream of people looking for the escape hatch and out the gap, both long time employees and relative newcomers. And do know what, it hasn't dawned on the powers that be that something aint right. The expected Christmas gift card wasn't handed out last year which pissed off quite a few people.

All I got for 10 years was a lousy bottle of apple port (didn't know that was a thing) and a handshake.

Oooh good stuff....you could have gotten cinema tokens.

The AP tends to loosen the ..erm.. back fizz a bit.

Beigí churamach, mar a dheirtear...";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A dog licked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A dog licked me.

Meant for the happy thread?

Seven Worlds will Collide

Meant for the happy thread?

No!!! Ach, he is a grand dog. I am allergic to him but he wants to be my friend. I need to be dosed up on anti allergy pills before I visit this house.

For the last few years we have kept a respectful distance from each other but he is now upping the ante and seems to want us to be closer. And I do bring him presents. Hence the lick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm seriously hangry today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'm seriously hangry today.

*poke..poke*

Waiting for a delivery of logs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

*poke..poke*

Waiting for a delivery of logs...

Yeah go on, keep poking the angry woman and see what happens :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Had a shower earlier. Noticed we were low on shower gel.
    Went shopping. Bought shower gel.
    Arrived home, putting away all the stuff I bought. But I can't find the shower gel. It's on the receipt so it's either fallen out of the bag or I left it behind at the till.
    Too tired to go back now.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Yeah go on, keep poking the angry woman and see what happens :p

Challenge accepted!

*poke.. poke.. poke*!!

Still waiting for my delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Arrived home, putting away all the stuff I bought. But I can't find the shower gel. It's on the receipt so it's either fallen out of the bag or I left it behind at the till.

Check the boot of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Check the freezer.Seriously bought 2 packets of ham last week.Couldnt find one of the packets.Went to the freezer fr something else.And there it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dubstarr wrote: »
    Check the freezer.Seriously bought 2 packets of ham last week.Couldnt find one of the packets.Went to the freezer fr something else.And there it was.

How many teeth did you break?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Newstalk.

The amount of ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,540 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Guys wearing those peaky blinders cap style caps.
    Especially when they can't match them with the rest of their clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Guys wearing those peaky blinders cap style caps.
    Especially when they can't match them with the rest of their clothes.

TA'd at feckin' having to go to google again :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Wish I had more painkillers other than paracetamol so I could take more to try get rid of this headache. But no, all we have is paracetamol and I’ve already had that :(

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Wish I had more painkillers other than paracetamol so I could take more to try get rid of this headache. But no, all we have is paracetamol and I’ve already had that :(

Try vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kitty6277 wrote: »

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/acupressure-pain-and-headaches

Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

How many teeth did you break?

Still in the freezer somewhere:eek::D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Grammar nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

dubstarr wrote: »
    Still in the freezer somewhere:eek::D:D

You could cyrogenically freeze them for future generations :eek:

Try vodka!

I think that might make it worse! :pac:
    iamwhoiam wrote: »

Thank you, I’ll try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Jordan Pickford's head. I don't know why but it annoys me.

6 year old daughter lost her pencil case yesterday, and her plastic water bottle today. Then tripped this evening and ripped her ballet tights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The last little bit of liquid hand soap that the pump can't reach.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Not trivial, but reports of an Ethiopian airlines plane going down on its way to Kenya..157 people on-board

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement