Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Neighbours.
    ****ty neighbours.Doing stuff but not being caught.Went to the Guards they just keep giving them warnings

If we retaliate we be the ones that would get into trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People showing a lack of class on their phones. Take a call while in the same room as a number of others and proceed to shouting down the phone and not giving a **** if everyone hears them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Couldn't think of the word "Chopsticks", googled "noodle eating things" with no luck.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Missing socks. :mad: I put two tube socks in the wash. I was surprised to see them both there when I took the wash out. I got to the clothes airer, and guess what?! Yep, one is now missing. I checked everywhere, under the airer, all around it, in the washing machine, in the hallway, NOTHING. Where the hell did it get to? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

New Home wrote: »
    Missing socks. :mad: I put two tube socks in the wash. I was surprised to see them both there when I took the wash out. I got to the clothes airer, and guess what?! Yep, one is now missing. I checked everywhere, under the airer, all around it, in the washing machine, in the hallway, NOTHING. Where the hell did it get to? :mad:

It's been offered up and sacrificed to the God of Socks. Accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

NEVER!!! They can take our freedom, but they can never take OUR SOCKS!!! o/

....or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People letting kids play on phones with the sound on in waiting rooms. I know you need to keep your kids entertained but does it have to be with the sound on?? Waiting rooms are awful enough without adding that to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Under pressure with deadlines and I have writers block.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

There was a tenant from my landlords other house across the road who was sneaking into our building late at night and turfing people's clothes out of the wash and putting his own in. I thought it was somebody from my own building at first until somebody locked him outside and I had to open the door for him, the louse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a cyst in my groin, got an enthusiastic dog paw square on it this am.:(:eek:
    Not only is it really really sore, but now he's set back the maturing process so it will take longer to heal.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

RMAOK wrote: »
    People showing a lack of class on their phones. Take a call while in the same room as a number of others and proceed to shouting down the phone and not giving a **** if everyone hears them. :mad:

We have one of those here where I work. She has a loud voice and isn't exactly discreet when on her phone. Almost everybody knows her recent medical history and are able to remind her when her doctor's/dentist's/gynaecologist's appointment is due. Most annoying of all is when she's about to hang up, and even though she hasn't a word of Irish she repeats over and over again "Slawn, slawn, slawn" to the unfortunate at the other end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Monday morning alarm :( I felt like I hadn't slept last night but I did as I had my usual weird dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

People who don't indicate

• Registered Users Posts: 30,540 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who tell there kids they can be anything especially when they are older.
    Examples.
    Ciaran struggles at maths and similar subjects However his parents convince him he'd be great at a course that involved a lot of maths such as computer science or game development because he's good at play station.
    Another would be people who tell there kids they'd be able to get into a course that requires about 500 points and the most they can get is 300.

clonesbabe wrote: »
    People who don't indicate

Maybe it's because they were told that pointing is rude. Better risk a car crash than being rude, wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Time is going way too fast.
    I know exactly where I was this time last year, it only seems like two months ago..
    And more worryingly is that in one years time I will be getting redundancy !!
    Scary times ahead !

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Maybe it's because they were told that pointing is rude. Better risk a car crash than being rude, wouldn't you agree? :rolleyes:

I was clearly brought up very badly so because I point all the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have a cyst in my groin, got an enthusiastic dog paw square on it this am.:(:eek:
    Not only is it really really sore, but now he's set back the maturing process so it will take longer to heal.

I genuinely winced at this. Mainly because every time without fail my dog decides to get affectionate and jumps up on me, i get two front paws full force square in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

the roll of the dice that is getting a baguette from a deli,

amazes me the difference a bit of cheese can make to the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate that scan as you shop ****e. It may make things more convenient for the people doing it but the people who aren't are constantly held up by Jim and Mary in every aisle who stop the trolley slap bang in the middle and meticulously scan and pack everything without budging out of everyone's way. I couldn't get at the cheese today as the aisle was full of Jims and Marys. And that beeping, grrr!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote:
    Missing socks. I put two tube socks in the wash. I was surprised to see them both there when I took the wash out. I got to the clothes airer, and guess what?! Yep, one is now missing. I checked everywhere, under the airer, all around it, in the washing machine, in the hallway, NOTHING. Where the hell did it get to?

It's in one of your cupboards turning into a piece of Tupperware without a lid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Every wash I do socks go missing, its a major ta when you're matching them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My favourite t shirt went missing months ago in the wash ! I thought it was gone to sock heaven or wherever my socks go to

Today I took out a duvet cover for the spare bed and lurking down in the corner was my t sirt

No socks were found I might add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's all because of Socky. People think Socky died with The Den. Did he fuk! The little ballbag has been harassing people and harvesting their socks for years now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's all because of Socky. People think Socky died with The Den. Did he fuk! The little ballbag has been harassing people and harvesting their socks for years now!

Wasn't he you're man with the blue bucket though? I thought if anything he'd be harvesting blue buckets :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m in a serious money-spending mood today. I want to buy something, I don’t know what, but something.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m in a serious money-spending mood today. I want to buy something, I don’t know what, but something.

Buy us presents :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Buy us presents :pac:

What would you like Seph? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Personal space

When I was standing waiting at the till the person behind was almost in my pocket and breathing down my neck

It’s a big shop, room for us all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Personal space

When I was standing waiting at the till the person behind was almost in my pocket and breathing down my neck

It’s a big shop, room for us all!

Indeed .. something that annoys me quite a lot...I find taking 1 step backwards solves the issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement