Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m in a serious money-spending mood today. I want to buy something, I don’t know what, but something.

Tipperary GAA Jersey :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

mikemac2 wrote: »

Just NO unless you actually play for Tipp or whoever - adults wearing soccer/gaa/eggball jerseys is a TA of mine

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I hate that scan as you shop ****e. It may make things more convenient for the people doing it but the people who aren't are constantly held up by Jim and Mary in every aisle who stop the trolley slap bang in the middle and meticulously scan and pack everything without budging out of everyone's way. I couldn't get at the cheese today as the aisle was full of Jims and Marys. And that beeping, grrr!!!

With you there Rosie,but would add in the hard faced females who grab a trolley and staring straight ahead with a rictous stare proceed to bull their way at speed through every aisle ignoring everyone else.

Encountered a serious member of this coterie last Saturday, after several near clashes in the bread and frozen aisles, justice was done in the pet food aisle when I battered my full trolly into hers, dislodged two dozen barn fed eggs from hers plus a six pack of Greek yoghurt in a splatter on the floor.

“Sorry bout dat missus” says I, you better call someone to clear dat up.

Wagon is still looking at me..... cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Personal space

When I was standing waiting at the till the person behind was almost in my pocket and breathing down my neck

It’s a big shop, room for us all!

Wrecks my head too, a well projected fart usually clears them back a bit

Wrecks my head too, a well projected fart usually clears them back a bit

Toppper remedy Tacitus, little bend of the knee and and loft one off the forward foot on full take off power.

Usually clears a fairly wide footprint, I find mesell.

Good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Meeting someone you know when you’re rushing for a train / bus - and then they want to stop and talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Wasn't he you're man with the blue bucket though? I thought if anything he'd be harvesting blue buckets

Yes but what was in the bucket Sephers hmmm? You'd be like a lamb to the slaughter for that sick bastard....he should've been called Sicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m not really into GAA enough to warrant spending €50 or however much they cost on a GAA jersey :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

That really horrible feeling of inescapable loneliness that you can't shake off, no matter what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

*Hugs*

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Succubus_ wrote: »
    That really horrible feeling of inescapable loneliness that you can't shake off, no matter what you do.

I'd give you a massive hug if you were here Hun xxxxxx

Might even drop the hand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Succubus_ wrote: »

You have us Cleo....it's not much, but we all loves ya

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The rowdy rabble are here Succu. X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Thought I ordered a new Blu Ray player today - using my work PC. UK shop.
    Orders placed before 2.30pm are dispatched the same day - which means there's a good chance I'd have it by Friday and for the bank holiday weekend.

Checked my emails when I got home. No order confirmation. Paypal account not debited.

Went through the order process again and noticed a small "confirm order" button on the screen - I obviously missed it earlier or it wasn't too visible on my sh*tty work PC browser.

Ordered now but the odds are that it won't arrive until Tuesday of next week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Went through the order process again and noticed a small "confirm order" button on the screen - I obviously missed it earlier or it wasn't too visible on my sh*tty work PC browser.

Ordered now but the odds are that it won't arrive until Tuesday of next week.......
    I hate that. You have a great plan and something silly thwarts it for you...

On the way home from work, I had a bit of an annoyance but it was more bizarre and dangerous than anything. I was cycling and had just been stopped at traffic lights (yeah, some of us stop!), and as I re-started on a newly resurfaced road, I was expecting to gain a bit of speed.

But then, up high to my left, I noticed a crow on a downward trajectory. Suddenly I was cycling right towards it but expecting it to move out of the way. I mean, if birds can dodge cars all the time, surely a cyclist would be easy?!?

Next thing I knew, this crow smashes into my chest, flailing about, so the only thing I could do was guide it away by twisting my body (while trying not to crash or veer into the traffic which was coming from behind) and 'forced' to escape it between my right leg and arm.

I don't know what it looked like to the cars that were behind me but they either thought I was mad, or was being attacked by an evil creature.

Actually, I probably should have put this in the creepy, unnerving thread, because I still feel a bit weird about it...

TA’d by not only being sick and feeling crap, but that I can’t go to the gym now either until I’m better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who use pictures of sunsets, their pets, or worst of all, their CHILDREN as their only photos on dating apps.

No issue with people using them along with other pictures of themselves, but it’s beyond weird when they’re the only feature.

Like sorry your son is really cute but I’m not about to swipe right to 4 pics of him eating his breakfast and playing on the beach, it’s just creepy.

Don’t start me on the sunset ones. And no I don’t want to date your dog.
    Wtf is wrong with these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Next thing I knew, this crow smashes into my chest, flailing about, so the only thing I could do was guide it away by twisting my body (while trying not to crash or veer into the traffic which was coming from behind) and 'forced' to escape it between my right leg and arm.

I don't know what it looked like to the cars that were behind me but they either thought I was mad, or was being attacked by an evil creature.

Actually, I probably should have put this in the creepy, unnerving thread, because I still feel a bit weird about it...

I would be physically sick if that happened to me. Fair dues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People who don't get their own way so they go around slamming doors so hard it gives you fright and makes you jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Those mini buckets you sometimes get chips with a meal in.

I agree. You never seem to get that many chips in them either. And the empty buckets look ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TG1 wrote: »
    People letting kids play on phones with the sound on in waiting rooms. I know you need to keep your kids entertained but does it have to be with the sound on?? Waiting rooms are awful enough without adding that to the whole thing.
    They could at least give the kid earphones to use. They're not expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who tell there kids they can be anything especially when they are older.
    Examples.
    Ciaran struggles at maths and similar subjects However his parents convince him he'd be great at a course that involved a lot of maths such as computer science or game development because he's good at play station.
    Another would be people who tell there kids they'd be able to get into a course that requires about 500 points and the most they can get is 300.
    Education snobbery in general. I knew a guy in his 50's who wanted to go back to college after the construction crash to retrain in engineering. He wanted to go to an IT as they are more practical. His sister convinced him to go to NUIG as in her mind it would be a better degree. The guy isn't stupid but the level of maths was beyond him and he didn't make it past first year.

I worked in a B&B looking after teenagers who went to Yeats College. Some of the parents clearly thought that sending their kids there would result in the kids getting 600 points. The kids went to school, did their homework and studied really hard but they just weren't able to achieve those marks. It's a terrible pressure to put on someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

Spanish student season is back. I know it's been said before.

10/15 teenagers, all with the same coloured backpack. And an amazing ability to stick as one individual object. In doorways of shops, in aisles.

I don't mind large groups of students. Many know to not create a physical forcefield at any place that requires access.

But these matching backpack groups. If anyone who works with them reads this. Please, please please, spend the first day hammering this home.

Standing 1m away from an entrance is all that's required. Single/double file when walking. The confusion on their poor faces when they're walking 6 abreast, or jammed in a doorway, and other people approach, amazes me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Frozen of the cold and not getting warm

SusieBlue wrote: »
    People who use pictures of sunsets, their pets, or worst of all, their CHILDREN as their only photos on dating apps.

No issue with people using them along with other pictures of themselves, but it’s beyond weird when they’re the only feature.

Like sorry your son is really cute but I’m not about to swipe right to 4 pics of him eating his breakfast and playing on the beach, it’s just creepy.

Hmmm they do say the lurcher make a good lover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

decided to buy a premade wrap made by Chopped ( https://www.chopped.ie/ ) in the local londis with chicken and bacon. 7.50 it cost me. the bacon was slimy. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

SusieBlue wrote: »

I guess like most people they are the only pics on their phone- kids, pets etc.

I know if I had to put up a profile I actually have no pics of myself on my phone to hand and selfies just never look right.

I can’t stop coughing. I’ve literally never coughed this much before in my life. I think I might be dying.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I can’t stop coughing. I’ve literally never coughed this much before in my life. I think I might be dying.

Ring Staffords, they should give you a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Try vodka!

Ah yes, the answer to all of life's problems :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement