Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Just NO unless you actually play for Tipp or whoever - adults wearing soccer/gaa/eggball jerseys is a TA of mine

I can never understand why people complain about what other people wear. I love wearing soccer jerseys, they are generally the only thing I feel comfortable in (obviously, I realise there are times this is totally unacceptable).

I'm not going to judge you for the clothes you wear, CH, so why judge me?

TA judgemental people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Work has decided to do a bit of painting near my office and the smell is making me nauseous and lightheaded.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Men (usually of a certain vintage) who sit in the car while their wives do the shopping. Just go in and help, FFS, your mickey won't fall off if you cross the threshold of a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These stults who sit in cars in Supermarket car parks with the engines running.

WTF is that all about.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Men (usually of a certain vintage) who sit in the car while their wives do the shopping. Just go in and help, FFS, your mickey won't fall off if you cross the threshold of a supermarket.

Post 6775 pal, had it copped long ago,annoys the fork outa me.

Whey faced kernts watching everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Trying to get 99% of your young daughters hair covered by those rubber swimming hats before swimming lessons without pulling the head off her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Trying to get 99% of your young daughters hair covered by those rubber swimming hats before swimming lessons without pulling the head off her!

Ooooh that bring back painful memories. If it has to be a rubber one, the speedo ones are usually easier. Or at least they were 20 years ago.

TA I have an awful headache and wasn’t able to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,540 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When a shop recalls fruit and nut chocolate because it forgot to print may contains nuts on the packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When a shop recalls fruit and nut chocolate because it forgot to print may contains nuts on the packet.
    Labels on packets of nuts that say "contain nuts". Are people really that thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I read somewhere that that's because it may contain traces of other nuts, besides what's supposed to be in the packet.....

My TA is my favourite pizzeria has been struck by shrinkflation. Now it's less meatsa and seems to have less cheese too. :(

Up the price ffs - I'm already paying a premium for a bit of dough and cheese.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Labels on packets of nuts that say "contain nuts". Are people really that thick?
    You can most likely thank Murica for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Tweak to my meds had me zonked all day, not fit for anything. Now, when I could do with starting to fall asleep I am coming to. Very TA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A tootache that can't make up its mind which tooth its in .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

German €1 coin being rejected by supermarket self checkout machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,540 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dial Hard wrote: »

I see this a bit even with couples in there late forties. She refused to learn to drive for whatever reason and he does the driving.
    These couples tend to have men/women jobs around the house at home.

So, people who think a job is a man job or a woman job.

PS. My mother drives as does my father but my mother hates him going shopping because all he does is buy clutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

One of the most famous and successful make up artists in the UK has had to delete all her social media accounts and issue a public apology after receiving an untold barrage of abuse from the public and threats to boycott her brand.

Her crime? She went to a Drake concert and filmed part of it, in which she was singing along to a song which included the N word.
    Now I’m not excusing the use of the word if it’s meant in a derogatory or offensive manner, but branding her a racist and a bigot for singing along to a song is a massive overreaction imo.

The anger would be better directed at the song writer, or maybe the other ten thousand people at the concert also singing along to the song.

Never mind the fact that the singer himself is black, as well as her boyfriend who accompanied her to the concert.

TA at oversensitive people who seek out offense in the most innocent of situations.
    Her career shouldn’t be ruined over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My period is twenty days late. Like where the fcuk is it? I don't care if this is TMI :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My period is twenty days late. Like where the fcuk is it? I don't care if this is TMI :p

It IS TMI :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Not long ago there was a yogurt recall due to no warning of 'contains milk'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was it the time I dropped the hand on you :eek:

If so I'm sorry :(

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Autosport wrote: »
    Was it the time I dropped the hand on you :eek:

If so I'm sorry :(

:D

You'll be paying plenty of maintenance for baby Auto :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    One of the most famous and successful make up artists in the UK has had to delete all her social media accounts and issue a public apology after receiving an untold barrage of abuse from the public and threats to boycott her brand.

Her crime? She went to a Drake concert and filmed part of it, in which she was singing along to a song which included the N word.
    Now I’m not excusing the use of the word if it’s meant in a derogatory or offensive manner, but branding her a racist and a bigot for singing along to a song is a massive overreaction imo.

The anger would be better directed at the song writer, or maybe the other ten thousand people at the concert also singing along to the song.

Never mind the fact that the singer himself is black, as well as her boyfriend who accompanied her to the concert.

TA at oversensitive people who seek out offense in the most innocent of situations.

You can't say boo too people these days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You say boo too people these days.

That's, like, sssso discriminating against ghosts, Seph. I just CANNOT BELIEEEEVE you said that. Like, srsly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Got a whack of a big corrugated plastic advertising sign that was only semi fixed to a wall while out running earlier. It blew up with the wind and belted me in the arm. Muscle is very sore and 2 deep scrapes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sue them, Pawwed Rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

SusieBlue wrote: »

Who was it? I want to go on Twitter and see if the usual Irish neckbeards (and their female equivalents) are getting SO ANGRY about it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    That's, like, sssso discriminating against ghosts, Seph. I just CANNOT BELIEEEEVE you said that. Like, srsly.

I'll get called out over twitter about it no doubt :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA I can't find my pitchfork.

If you walk outside you might find some rakes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Stress can throw the ould clock out of sync. I take it you are not as elderly as myself. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

EVERY TIME I put on toast at home, either the butter is too hard that it digs into the bread and makes holes, or the bread is too soft and the same happens. Literally no in between zone.

Nothing worse than finding an unreal topping in the fridge that would go well with toast, only for the integrity of the bread to let you down. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement