Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Horse owners who wear bowler hats to equestrian events.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That bit of a nagging headache that doesn't quite call for medication.
    ... but you never know if it will go away on its own or worsen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Men (usually of a certain vintage) who sit in the car while their wives do the shopping. Just go in and help, FFS, your mickey won't fall off if you cross the threshold of a supermarket.

I see that a lot as i live very close to a hair dresser. Of course they dont go in and help there. Would be silly.
    But It goes as far as the guy waiting in the car letting the engine run (diesel of course) because of the airco.
    Real fun when that is more or less under your open window in the summer.

Shoes with laces. Reminder to self: never, ever buy shoes that need laces because the lace always breaks just when you're rushing out the door somewhere. Let people slag those sticky things on shoes all they like; they're genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

On a related note, while I can't say I've had a problem with laces breaking, but I've had shoes with roundy shiny laces that won't stay tied.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

On a related note, while I can't say I've had a problem with laces breaking, but I've had shoes with roundy shiny laces that won't stay tied.

They always seem to put the shiny laces o the kids runners.They never stay closed:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Tiresome people who talk a lot but it's not in anyways fun, entertaining or interesting. Just pointless sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

People that can't stand still and fidget when they are sitting down. Does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dubstarr wrote: »
    They always seem to put the shiny laces o the kids runners.They never stay closed:mad:

https://youtu.be/aTElgzFa8cM

Google is your friend...... bow loops should be 90-270 degrees to the shoe

Not 360-180. Ok.

Across the instep... not down..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://youtu.be/aTElgzFa8cM

Google is your friend...... bow loops should be 90-270 degrees to the shoe

Not 360-180. Ok.

Across the instep... not down..

And now everybody is wondering how they tie their shoes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A trick to tying a lace..

At the very start where you put the left side lace to the right, and the right side to the left, and then cross, one Over othe other, do this again, and then make the bow. I hope that’s clear...

My TA...all those ads everywhere with bookies tips, and some tool telling you
    To spend your hard earned money on the “3.10” or some such crap.

inforfun wrote: »
    And now everybody is wondering how they tie their shoes....

Oh dear...sorry....it does work if that's any consolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Le sigh.

:DIm left handed probably wont work anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

EVERY TIME I put on toast at home, either the butter is too hard that it digs into the bread and makes holes, or the bread is too soft and the same happens. Literally no in between zone.

Microwave the butter for 10 seconds. Or longer if it's really cold....

My TA is countries that still use imperial measurements, and their competitions that force the whole rest of the world to convert. 135lbs? Approx. 61kg. What a pain in the hole it is to find two .5s when everybody else in the gym is dealing with similar conversion ****......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The metric system has been taught at schools in this country for more than 3 decades yet I heard a young lad describe distance this morning of 100 yards.
    In Insomnia the other day and they were selling 12 oz cups. Like how big is that??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Runners Knot For The Win!!

dubstarr wrote: »
    :DIm left handed probably wont work anyway

It will.... Keep the faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

What's with people breaking their laces? Do ye have some sort of superhuman strength? I've never broken my laces in my life, then again I do have the strength of Mr. Burns :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for strong winds :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cheltenham. I've had to mute my family Whatsapp group for the next few days as it's just a constant barrage of tips and "Anyone any winners in that?" messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Cheltenham. I've had to mute my family Whatsapp group for the next few days as it's just a constant barrage of tips and "Anyone any winners in that?" messages.

Living in England the amount of people that find it hard to believe that I as an Irish man have absolutely zero interest in horse racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Succubus_ wrote: »
    What's with people breaking their laces? Do ye have some sort of superhuman strength? I've never broken my laces in my life, then again I do have the strength of Mr. Burns :P

I never broke a pair but my husband constantly breaks laces . Then again he pulls them so tight and with such vigor that you would think he is anchoring himself down

TA , husband pulling the handbrake( while parked in a very flat front garden ) so tight that he must think he is parked on the slopes of mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've been in my new build house now for 4 years and satnavs STILL haven't got the road on their systems. So no one can ever find us when they're coming to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I never broke a pair but my husband constantly breaks laces . Then again he pulls them so tight and with such vigor that you would think he is anchoring himself down

TA , husband pulling the handbrake( while parked in a very flat front garden ) so tight that he must think he is parked on the slopes of mountain

I have had the handbrake pulled so tight on me that I haven't been able to budge it and have had to ask a stranger to help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Watching the bird feeders, the Sparrows bully the Goldfinches away, then a Starling arrives and bullies them and occasionally a Jackdaw will try his luck....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Barbers who don't give a ****.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Barbers who don't give a ****.
    Hungover barbers are the worst.

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for strong winds :mad:

Sorry:o:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It bugs me when the strap of my handbag squeaks as I walk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement