Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for strong winds :mad:
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Sorry:o:D:D

It's Boom Bap's fault. I know that FOR A FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

New Home wrote: »
    It bugs me when the strap of my handbag squeaks as I walk.

I have one with a kind of keyring sort of bit hanging off one side. But it hangs against another metal bit. I've stopped using it because I can't deal with the noise, even though it is gorgeous!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's Boom Bap's fault. I know that FOR A FACT.

It's the fault of the beans and burrito I consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Cheltenham...horse racing...and bookies...
    have zero interest... never been inside a bookies in my life...and find the mentality of people taking the week off so they can go on holidays to the pub and watch racing.... totally mindboggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    One of the most famous and successful make up artists in the UK has had to delete all her social media accounts and issue a public apology after receiving an untold barrage of abuse from the public and threats to boycott her brand.

Her crime? She went to a Drake concert and filmed part of it, in which she was singing along to a song which included the N word.
    Now I’m not excusing the use of the word if it’s meant in a derogatory or offensive manner, but branding her a racist and a bigot for singing along to a song is a massive overreaction imo.

The anger would be better directed at the song writer, or maybe the other ten thousand people at the concert also singing along to the song.

Never mind the fact that the singer himself is black, as well as her boyfriend who accompanied her to the concert.

TA at oversensitive people who seek out offense in the most innocent of situations.
    Her career shouldn’t be ruined over this.
    It's ridiculous but not surprising. A woman in the UK was convicted of a racist hate crime for posting rap lyrics containing the N word in tribute to a 13 year old who died in a road accident :rolleyes: The glory days of The Empire are well and truly over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

1. Imbeciles that have no sense of their surroundings :
    e.g. walking straight out of a shop into your path, usually with phone stuck to their face. Bonus points if they do it walking backwards.
    getting off the top/bottom of an escalator and just standing there while talking on the phone with 10 other people are piling up behind.

2. Imbeciles who don't know what personal space is :
    e.g. standing too close to you at the atm or bus stop

3. Morons who think it's a good idea to get on a virtually empty bus and decide to sit beside you for "the chat". Plonker this morning followed
    me to the back of the bus and reckoned the back is the best place to be as you get a longer spin !!!

4. People who insist on using their speaker phone usually in restaurants and public transport. Seems to be mostly Indians that do this, so I wonder if it's a cultural thing, seeing as in Japan this behavior is frowned on.

5. Idiots that talk really loud on the phone and louder as the conversation progresses. Again I have observed this to be mainly Africans as it seems to be the thing to do to get someones attention (an African guy told me this). Still bugs me.

TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

None of the times for Captain Marvel in my local cinema suit me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chung wan in class telling me how she worked her ass off and pulled together(with her fam's help) a deposit for a house for her and her child.
    She asked me outright how privileged did I think I was not working to buy a house of my own when they were affordable for a single administrator, I was so shocked someone would ask an almost complete stranger something like that, that I told her that I had to help my parents pay off their mortgage(not my complete truth, but the truth of a lot of ppl I know).

She rolled her eyes at me and screamed out, 'How stupid were your parents, not to be able to pay their own mortgage'? 'I wouldn't do that for mine', the only guy in the group told her it wasn't that uncommon pre boom, only for she fancies him, she would have screamed at him too.

TA at ppl who think its ok to talk like this to others like that and how blind ppl are to their good fortune.
    Ta2, that it still upsets me even after the long walk back.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that it too me a minute to realise that Brebabe was not talking about a chinese person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That Lewis Capaldi song Someone You Loved. He shouts the whole way through it, it drives me crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bredabe wrote: »
    Chung wan in class telling me how she worked her ass off and pulled together(with her fam's help) a deposit for a house for her and her child.
    She asked me outright how privileged did I think I was not working to buy a house of my own when they were affordable for a single administrator, I was so shocked someone would ask an almost complete stranger something like that, that I told her that I had to help my parents pay off their mortgage(not my complete truth, but the truth of a lot of ppl I know).

She rolled her eyes at me and screamed out, 'How stupid were your parents, not to be able to pay their own mortgage'? 'I wouldn't do that for mine', the only guy in the group told her it wasn't that uncommon pre boom, only for she fancies him, she would have screamed at him too.

TA at ppl who think its ok to talk like this to others like that and how blind ppl are to their good fortune.
    Ta2, that it still upsets me even after the long walk back.

:rolleyes:

Lot of anger there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

People trying to hug me. When did this all start?? It never happened when i was young. Do you remember your parents hugging all their friends in the eighties or nineties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Email saying we will not be progressing your application further. Not trivial but very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Their loss TG

Seven Worlds will Collide

"Happy St Patty's Day"

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    "Happy St Patty's Day"

:D

475416.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

It bugs me when the strap of my handbag squeaks as I walk.

Even better (or worse) when you don't know what the noise is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sprained my ankle :(

Left or right Auto?

Left or right Auto?

Left, it's so fecking painful :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Autosport wrote: »

Ah poor Auto, that is very sore :( I hope you're being minded and pampered.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah poor Auto, that is very sore :( I hope you're being minded and pampered.

My favourite man isn't here to mind me :( He's too busy watching soccer :D

Or is he ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    "Happy St Patty's Day"

Somebody blocked me on FB,when i pulled them up on that phrase.Got a lovely pm off them.:D:D

Well at least it's not the driving foot :) (I assume you don't have medieval manual transmission)

EDIT I not watching soccer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My favourite man isn't here to mind me :( He's too busy watching soccer :D

Or is he ;)

Maybe they could be watching it hiding in your wardrobe.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Somebody blocked me on FB,when i pulled them up on that phrase.Got a lovely pm off them.:D:D
    Were they American?

People who are always losing their keys. Just had an hour-long search for keys belonging to a man who I've always thought is in early stage Alzheimer's but then his wife tells me 'He's been like this for 40 years'.

And where were they? In an inside, inside pocket on the coat he was wearing all the time while we tore the house asunder. There must be something invented, that he can't lose, for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

House of Commons rejecting deals. Are they ever going to accept one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

branie2 wrote: »
    House of Commons rejecting deals. Are they ever going to accept one?

NOPE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who are always losing their keys. Just had an hour-long search for keys belonging to a man who I've always thought is in early stage Alzheimer's but then his wife tells me 'He's been like this for 40 years'.

And where were they? In an inside, inside pocket on the coat he was wearing all the time while we tore the house asunder. There must be something invented, that he can't lose, for this!

Sounds like my father.
    He generally thinks they are stolen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement