Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

branie2 wrote: »
    House of Commons rejecting deals. Are they ever going to accept one?

Ulster says NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who are always losing their keys. Just had an hour-long search for keys belonging to a man who I've always thought is in early stage Alzheimer's but then his wife tells me 'He's been like this for 40 years'.

And where were they? In an inside, inside pocket on the coat he was wearing all the time while we tore the house asunder. There must be something invented, that he can't lose, for this!

I got this for my mother who does have alzheimers and attached them to her purse and handbag. A Life saver and not expensive

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth-key-finder-with-led-flashlight-and-4-receivers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have this refillable plastic bottle that I use to bring water to college. For the last few days I just have not been able to get the top off it to refill it. And never mind I was the one who closed it so there’s no way it’s that tight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Were they American?

Ye he was,He took great offense to it.:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Sprained my ankle :(

Poor auto *hugs*
    My favourite man isn't here to mind me :( He's too busy watching soccer :D

Or is he ;)

I'm right here auto :pac:

dubstarr wrote: »
    Sorry:o:D:D

So that's what the smell was earlier

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Well at least it's not the driving foot :) (I assume you don't have medieval manual transmission)

EDIT I not watching soccer.....

Auto drives an Auto ;)

Ad breaks are so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Auto drives an Auto ;)

Ad breaks are so annoying

Hope your ankle feels better soon Auto ..

TA achey bones :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    Email saying we will not be progressing your application further. Not trivial but very annoying.

Fookers! Their loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ye he was,He took great offense to it.:D:D
    You should have given him a lecture on cultural appropriation :pac:

Internet is acting up

• Advertisement

When you try to clean a smudge off your glasses but end up making the whole lens dirty :mad:

Internet is acting up

Strong winds in cork alright :D

Bertie Ahern is annoying me now

Strong winds in cork alright :D

Bertie Ahern is annoying me now

How would you know that auto hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When you try to clean a smudge off your glasses but end up making the whole lens dirty :mad:

Try washing your glasses first

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I eventually got a tooth pulled today that was bothering me for a while had to get stitches afterwards now my mouth is throbbing and the panadol aren’t working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

kavanagh_h wrote: »
    People trying to hug me. When did this all start?? It never happened when i was young. Do you remember your parents hugging all their friends in the eighties or nineties?

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was just me. My family aren't the huggy types, so all this carry on is so weird to me.

Power cut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody is using slang and you don't know what they are on about.
    Especially when they use slang to say something is good or bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My other shoulder is sore now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I got this for my mother who does have alzheimers and attached them to her purse and handbag. A Life saver and not expensive

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth-key-finder-with-led-flashlight-and-4-receivers.html

I've just ordered one based on your recommendation! This could be the start of a whole new life for me!

My family are going to love you for this as I usually always blame them when my things go missing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

I've just ordered one based on your recommendation! This could be the start of a whole new life for me!

My family are going to love you for this as I usually always blame them when my things go missing :D

How do you find the remote when you need it! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You put it in a safe place. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ryath wrote: »
    How do you find the remote when you need it! :p

You give it to somebody sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

madmaggie wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I thought it was just me. My family aren't the huggy types, so all this carry on is so weird to me.

Yeah or the double kiss on both cheeks...WTF is that all about.

My sisters wedding last summer and all sorts of friends of my parents at it that I have known all my life...not close or anything just friends of the parents that I might see 1-2 a year when I am home visiting.

All of a sudden it is kissing on both cheeks bull****.....I was born in the 70s and I can tell you now there was none of that nonsense in the 80s or even 90s for that matter.

Even my mother now hugs me....I honestly did not get a single hug from her for the first 30 years of my life...don't worry I am not damaged or oppressed or anything by it and now it's hugging central.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Had this again at work yesterday.

(On the phone)

Partyguinness: You will need to pop in for 5 minutes to sign the papers. I'm free all day tomorrow.

Mr Jones: Ok I can come in tomorrow. What time?
    Partyguinness: Well it's Thursday and I keep my diary free. So you shout out any time that suits you.
    Mr Jones: Oh I don't mind anytime at all.
    Partyguinness: Shall we say 10am?
    Mr Jones: Anything a bit later?
    Partyguinness: 11am?
    Mr Jones: Anything pm?
    Partyguinness: (Jesus Christ) 2:30?
    Mr Jones: Yeah perfect.

You ****ing Muppet. I offered you anytime you wanted. what did you not just say 2:30 to begin with instead of that bull**** interaction...:mad::mad:

It's amazing how many times that happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »

As someone who has recently started wearing glasses, I feel your pain.
    How the f*ck do you keep glasses clean. There are always smudges on them, like pre glasses was I always just poking myself in the eyes???

Also, TA, failing the NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

The family has started calling me four horses (nag nag nag nag) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

When somebody is using slang and you don't know what they are on about.
    Especially when they use slang to say something is good or bad.

Dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mr Jones: Ok I can come in tomorrow. What time?
    Partyguinness: Well it's Thursday and I keep my diary free. So you shout out any time that suits you.
    Mr Jones: Oh I don't mind anytime at all.
    Partyguinness: Shall we say 10am?
    Mr Jones: Anything a bit later?
    Partyguinness: 11am?
    Mr Jones: Anything pm?
    Partyguinness: (Jesus Christ) 2:30?
    Mr Jones: Yeah perfect.

It's amazing how many times that happens.

I got through a version of this any time I attempt to watch tv with my sister.

Sister: Pick something for us to watch there after I finish ironing.

Me: What are you in the humour for?

Her: Ah I'm not fussy

Me: Narcos?

Her: Nah, something lighter

Me: Ooh, Return to Oz (major childhood favourite of ours) is on Netflix now!

Her: Too light

Me: Mockingjay Part 1, you haven't seen that yet?

Her: Nah, not in the humour

Me: Shaun of the Dead?

Her: Not tonight

Me: Maybe you should just pick

Her: No honestly, I don't mind what we watch

Me: *expires from frustration*

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    As someone who has recently started wearing glasses, I feel your pain.
    How the f*ck do you keep glasses clean. There are always smudges on them, like pre glasses was I always just poking myself in the eyes???

Also, TA, failing the NCT

I genuinely have no idea! I’ve only recently started wearing them for distance viewing and I really don’t know how people who wear them all the time keep them clean :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement