Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I genuinely have no idea! I’ve only recently started wearing them for distance viewing and I really don’t know how people who wear them all the time keep them clean :eek:

I wear glasses 100% of the time and they are never clean, no matter what I try only lasts a short while and then they are manky again.

'Fraid you just need to get used to seeing the world through the smears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I genuinely have no idea! I’ve only recently started wearing them for distance viewing and I really don’t know how people who wear them all the time keep them clean :eek:

I have to wear them all the time, and it is an absolute pain in the hoop. It's like they are a magnet for dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I wear glasses 100% of the time and they are never clean, no matter what I try only lasts a short while and then they are manky again.

'Fraid you just need to get used to seeing the world through the smears.

This is so very true. I've had glasses since I was 8 or 9 and they are always dirty. In fact when I give them a clean every once in a while I'm shocked at how clearly I can see. You'll just get used to the dirt and won't even see it :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Get contact lenses or laser surgery.

Those tiny cardigans that some people wear really annoy me. Did it shrink in the wash or did you purposely buy something that is clearly for a child? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

double standards for men and women . men can flirt for two years and if the woman eventually engages, it's ok to talk about her at work like she's a tart. not my fault you're a randy bastard who gets off on perfectly innocent comments.

bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Well its more than trivial.But my son coming home from school was spat on my a few boys.Hes only 7 and in 1st class/These other boys where in 5th class.Im so annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Personal jabs from other posters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    Well its more than trivial.But my son coming home from school was spat on my a few boys.Hes only 7 and in 1st class/These other boys where in 5th class.Im so annoyed

I'd be out with a baseball club and an angry llama. :mad:

Hope your child is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    I'd be out with a baseball club and an angry llama. :mad:

Hope your child is ok.

Oh i feel like it,but of course i would be in the wrong.I have emailed the school and i be up first thing in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Noisy bint on train loud phone calls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I am like the Antichrist right now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

On the glasses thing , Lidl do glass wipes , handy little things , they do the trick and are only a euro or two for a box of 52 .

TA mine need to be cleaned and I need to find where I put the box of said wipes...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Apparently, there's a remote control that helps you find missing items. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Voice overs where the actor clearly had a cold and is all bunged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    On the glasses thing , Lidl do glass wipes , handy little things , they do the trick and are only a euro or two for a box of 52 .

TA mine need to be cleaned and I need to find where I put the box of said wipes...
    I have several packs of these, they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mam of 4 wrote: »

These are so handy, we’ve just run out of them but must stock up again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

deise08 wrote: »
    Voice overs where the actor clearly had a cold and is all bunged up.

There’s one guy that does Virgin Media that annoys the hell out of me. At first I thought he was bunged up but it seems he manages to talk solely through his nose.

I'm talking to someone about a job I've been offered in Cahir, Co. Tipperary . I don't know how to pronounce Cahir. It probably sounds like I'm going into care.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Kahere I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm talking to someone about a job I've been offered in Cahir, Co. Tipperary . I don't know how to pronounce Cahir. It probably sounds like I'm going into care.

Kahere I think?

Pronounced Care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭davidk1394

In the meat factory? Pronounced the same as care

Ok...but people look so confused when I say it, so I assumed I was getting it wrong .

It's film extra work for ''an American feature film''. I don't know more than that , yet.

I love Tipperary though so it balances out the TA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ok...but people look so confused when I say it, so I assumed I was getting it wrong .

It's film extra work for ''an American feature film''. I don't know more than that , yet.

I love Tipperary though so it balances out the TA

Cahir is lovely. Be sure to check out the Swiss cottage when there ( along with the castle.)

deise08 wrote: »
    Cahir is lovely. Be sure to check out the Swiss cottage when there ( along with the castle.)

Oh I know the Swiss cottage . I also love the walk up to it. I've been there a few times. The Butlers must've been interesting . I like their style.

I haven't been inside the castle as I'm all castled out from growing up near Bunratty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

German person asking me when to use "whom". I'm fcuked if I know. I googled the rule before but can't remember. TA non-native speakers expecting you to have perfect grammar. The only time I know when to use it is when you write "To whom it may concern".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Waking up feeling anxious

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Succubus_ wrote: »
    German person asking me when to use "whom". I'm fcuked if I know. I googled the rule before but can't remember. TA non-native speakers expecting you to have perfect grammar. The only time I know when to use it is when you write "To whom it may concern".

To whomst it may concern :pac:

"Who" is to "Whom" what "I" is to "Me". :) (or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why is this story in the football section?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47576553

I'm sure up and down Britain footballers are getting married regularly, yet they never make the football news pages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why is this story in the football section?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47576553

I'm sure up and down Britain footballers are getting married regularly, yet they never make the football news pages.

Probably the only out couple in world football...big news there boi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement