Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why is this story in the football section?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47576553

I'm sure up and down Britain footballers are getting married regularly, yet they never make the football news pages.

If Robbie Brady married Shane Long, it would make the football news pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

New Home wrote: »
    "Who" is to "Whom" as "I" is to "Me". :) (or something like that)

The correct way is to use "whom" for the object, "who" for the subject. So...

"Who saw you?"
    Subject-Verb-Object

"Whom did you see?"
    Object-Subject-Verb

I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a watery left eye today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I should have said nothing. My period finally arrived and it's like a blood bath. TMI you say? :p:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I should have said nothing. My period finally arrived and it's like a blood bath. TMI you say? :p:D
    Watch out for bear attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tumblr_odmhn6XIvS1s1v3r1o2_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I fancy a bit of drisheen now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The dog on her perch on the back of the couch barked right in my ear - now ringing...
    They're in for a rude awakening in the morning, off to the orphanage for a couple of days

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sweet Lordie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Horses dying at cheltenham is a bit of a ta. Have money on some and feeling guilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The dog on her perch on the back of the couch barked right in my ear - now ringing...
    They're in for a rude awakening in the morning, off to the orphanage for a couple of days

Hope you have the plastic sheeting on the couch.

Boards glitching like a Mutha!

A merino wool blanket....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Cameras at gigs are annoying, but last night I saw a guy with a GoPro on an extendable stick that he was sticking up into the faces of the bands, swinging around, and was literally glued to his phone all night!

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Cameras at gigs are annoying, but last night I saw a guy with a GoPro on an extendable stick that he was sticking up into the faces of the bands, swinging around, and was literally glued to his phone all night!

And that's why they should have snipers instead of bouncers. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I thought at first that this was a reply to Succubus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I thought at first that this was a reply to Succubus :eek:

Dude... trying to eat here.:eek:

Dude... trying to eat here.:eek:

Put away the fork, you'd be better off with a spoon!

Put away the fork, you'd be better off with a spoon!

Oh god,puke.

People who are far too casual about remembering passwords for the likes of Google/gmail etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

have no Yankee Candle pods left.
    Bought a candle in Ikea yesterday, and when lit, it smell like a nursing home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I like to support independent shops / cafés / markets but a TA is their opening times.
    I'm an early riser. I love going into town before the rush, but many of them aren't open at 9.00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I like to support independent shops / cafés / markets but a TA is their opening times.
    I'm an early riser. I love going into town before the rush, but many of them aren't open at 9.00am.

Oh yes, this one . I know a lot of them. Friend runs a great little place but he has ''back soon'' sign up half the time . Says he runs on Irish time and that I need to relax. It drives me demented 'cause I don't go to his town often .

M&S "delivery has been delayed"
    This is happening too often.

After an exhausting 12 hour work shift, I was in the Whitewater SC branch yesterday around 6.30pm. Busy shop as you'd expect on the Friday of a bank holiday weekend. Bare shelves everywhere. I just walked out in the end. Sort it out FFS!

Oh yes, this one . I know a lot of them. Friend runs a great little place but he has ''back soon'' sign up half the time . Says he runs on Irish time and that I need to relax. It drives me demented 'cause I don't go to his town often .

Any place with a hipster influence won't open before 11. It's like they equate 9.00am opening with the square corporate world. Maaan.

For many years, HMV and Virgin got my business when buying records and CDs because the indie shops wouldn't be open until at least 10.30am and I was in town before 9.

The reality is, that a lot of businesses won't get custom early in the morning....no point in being open for 2 hours with staff, leccy etc ...and only selling 2 coffees...poor business model

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Any place with a hipster influence won't open before 11. It's like they equate 9.00am opening with the square corporate world. Maaan.

For many years, HMV and Virgin got my business when buying records and CDs because the indie shops wouldn't be open until at least 10.30am and I was in town before 9.

Hahaha that's it! He actually gave me a book called ''How to be lazy'' to emphasise the point . Maan....

The reality is, that a lot of businesses won't get custom early in the morning....no point in being open for 2 hours with staff, leccy etc ...and only selling 2 coffees...poor business model

Well if they're not open, people who want breakfast / coffee before 10.00 / 10.30am (not an unreasonably early hour) are reluctantly going to the likes of McDonalds, Costa, Starbucks - so the indies are losing out at least some of that trade.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And on the crowds of people wanting to get coffee on their way to work.

• Advertisement

Well if they're not open, people who want breakfast / coffee are reluctantly going to the likes of McDonalds, Costa, Starbucks - so the indies are losing out at least some of that trade.

It's not financially worth it...thats the bottom line.. you may get a few hipster/lazy businesses... but 95% of businesses know their market, and know what is viable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement