Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thinking that laundry you've got ready to go is just really, really cold when in fact it's actually just slightly, slightly damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Thinking that laundry you've got ready to go is just really, really cold when in fact it's actually just slightly, slightly damp.

Do the face test, for some reason you can tell the difference better with your cheeks rather than your hands ;)

TA at most likely having to go out in this sh1tty weather today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Some of my daffodils are beginning to turn in my garden.

Fair Daffodils, we weep to see
    You haste away so soon;
    As yet the early-rising sun
    Has not attain'd his noon.
    Stay, stay,
    Until the hasting day
    Has run
    But to the even-song;
    And, having pray'd together, we
    Will go with you along.

We have short time to stay, as you,
    We have as short a spring;
    As quick a growth to meet decay,
    As you, or anything.
    We die
    As your hours do, and dry
    Away,
    Like to the summer's rain;
    Or as the pearls of morning's dew,
    Ne'er to be found again.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Reprobates leaving packaging/rubbish in Lidl shopping baskets.
    Just no rearing in some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at always counting down to something. “X amount of hours till I have to work”, “x amount of time before I have to go to college”, “only this long left till I can go home”. I think I need a break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I have no recollection of falling over but my fecking tail bone is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

feckin unreal. Salesmen. Why do I always have to talk to them . One chap's sound, turns up once in a blue moon with some entertaining spiel. ''Blankets handwoven by the women on Tory Island'' (microfleece, made in Taiwan ). He's sound , though . Brought me a bunch of daffodils today .

But then some lunatic was here selling ''driving sunglasses''. Weirdest sales pitch ever, including some nervous babbling about his wife. I was having serious difficulty keeping a straight face.

Three different lens colours for different purposes but I'm still none the wiser about what the point of the product is. ''Yellow lenses make green things stand out more'' . Why? So you can get a good look at the grass while you're driving ? I did point out I've no car at the moment but it didn't sink in. I'm never answering the door to salesmen again. Or else I'll answer it in a catsuit.

All that's missing is the obswssive Jehova's Witness .

When everything for dinner is ready bar the rice or spuds that are taking forever to cook.
    Reading that a ham joint defrosts overnight in the fridge ready for cooking the next morning. It does in it's hole.

Not trivial to me, but coriander.

The most important thing to remember is what the customer specifically doesn't want... And yet I get a god damned plant in my food multiple times a month.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not trivial to me, but coriander.

The most important thing to remember is what the customer specifically doesn't want... And yet I get a god damned plant in my food multiple times a month.

Just like hot chocolate powder on top of a cappuccino. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

it's dark, wet and windy outside, and I have to go out later for a bit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im so pissed off,tired.Not hungry dont want to drink.Boring day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,260 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Annual Yank tomfoolery, dyeing rivers and beer green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The sob stories on talent shows- sister is watching The Voice- give me strength

''saint patty's day''

I have a headache and my taxi must have got lost or kidnapped or ...do they not have satnav? I wore green, 'specially..

Also this is my 3rd TA in 2 days ...I'm TA about being so cross for no good reason ...March is that kind of month , though. Surely no normal person could be a ray of sunshine in March .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

lbc2019 wrote: »
    The sob stories on talent shows- sister is watching The Voice- give me strength

And the amount of contestants that think going high pitch during a segment of someone else's song makes it unique or original.

It doesn't you oaf. It's still glorified karaoke.

Oh and Olly Murs getting up dancing now and again during a performance, and Will.I.Am being all ghetto and wearing his beanie hat indoors. Eejits. You wouldn't see Sir Tom going on with their antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Absolutely shattered couldn’t get to sleep till after 4.30 this morning I’m going to be like a bear with a sore paw all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

js35 wrote: »
    Absolutely shattered couldn’t get to sleep till after 4.30 this morning going to be like a bear with a sore paw all dsy

Was up before 4.30...im rearing to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The radio ads for Ben Dunne Gyms.

He must mention Fly Fit Gyms more than he mentions his own gyms name!!

He should really hire a voice actor to do his ads in future!!

I feel like I have a tablet or something stuck on the way down, it’s driving me crazy

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I feel like I have a tablet or something stuck on the way down, it’s driving me crazy

Do you ? If it's not just a phantom feeling, bending over at the waist like you're bowing down, seems to dislodge it. You need to hold it there for a long minute .

If it is, poor you . Irritating a.f, that .

Do you ? If it's not just a phantom feeling, bending over at the waist like you're bowing down, seems to dislodge it. You need to hold it there for a long minute .

If it is, poor you . Irritating a.f, that .

Haven’t tried that, but I’ll be doing it now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Another thing that works for me is to take a big sip of water, and swallow it with my head bent down, my chin almost touching my chest. Seems counterintuitive, but it does the trick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The toaster giving me fright, just as I was about too get if the toast was burning it popped as I was looking in :mad:

I defrosted what I thought was a lump of ham and now I'm not convinced it is ham. A relative drops in a beef joint all wrapped up every so often and I just throw it in the freezer. I remember thinking that through the wrapper this one looked a bit pale and must be ham for a change. It is a bit bloody as beef would be but paler than usual in colour. Can't believe I can't tell. Don't know if to roast it or boil it, right now I feel like throwing it down the length of the garden in frustration :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Slice off a teeny sliver, fry it and taste it.

My TA: being a dog owner in this weather. Compounded by the fact that my sister is away for the weekend so I'm doing all of the walks on my own. Being rained on three times a day is nobody's idea of fun.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Slice off a teeny sliver, fry it and taste it.

My TA: being a dog owner in this weather. Compounded by the fact that my sister is away for the weekend so I'm doing all of the walks on my own. Being rained on three times a day is nobody's idea of fun.

Good idea, thanks, I will try that. Would never have thought to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's an army helicopter circling around Westport, while I hope no one is in bother the noise of it is annoying me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Having about two million pages of annoyances to catch up on.

Also, my tendency to exaggerate for dramatic effect :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

There's an army helicopter circling around Westport, while I hope no one is in bother the noise of it is annoying me.

Might be heading for croagh Patrick - I'm guessing, given the day that's in it, there could be a special event/mass going on there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement