Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My phone getting hacked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

eviltwin wrote: »
    Bought a pair of earphones the other day. It was encased in the type of plastic packaging that needs a knife to open. Why can't they have some handy way of opening these things?

Apparently if you use a - get this - tin opener it works a treat. I'm banking on this for future hard wrapped, plastic wrestling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Have an appointment to see a government agency on Friday. Nothing interesting really, to do with income tax

I know I had a letter showing the time and date and the person to meet and today I tore the place apart looking for it. I checked everywhere!

A few hours later do I realize I never had a letter in the first place! They emailed me a pdf document with these details

Dunno what I do be doing some days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Autosport wrote: »
    My phone getting hacked :(

Ah no Auto, that's terrible!

Being a fcuking human being. Waiting for the mothership to beam me back up any day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Succubus_ wrote:
    Being a fcuking human being. Waiting for the mothership to beam me back up any day now.

Gyortlstbu yak yak munhpsahww zik zik.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Speak for yourself, ILTBOY. Also, mind your language, you're in the presence of laydeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gyortlstbu yak yak munhpsahww zik zik.

That’s easy for you to say.

eisenberg1 wrote:
    That’s easy for you to say.

Two of my eyeballs had to extend beyond my delta fortrax to speak that sentence in my mother tongue. Quite a painful experience actually.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Two of my eyeballs had to extend beyond my delta fortrax to speak that sentence in my mother tongue. Quite a painful experience actually.

What, the Gobbledeegook dialect of Double Dutch? You're clearly out of practice.

New Home wrote:
    What, the Gobbledeegook dialect of Double Dutch? You're clearly out of practice.

Nik Nik flask of tea nyuck nyuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Succubus_ wrote: »

Beam me up Jesus :pac:

Nik Nik flask of tea nyuck nyuck.

What filth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

"I balled my eyes out watching that movie!"
    No, love. You weren't going at your eyes with a melon baller, you BAWLED your eyes out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Finished After Life on netflix. Now I don't know what to start on next.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Finished Gossip Girl. I don’t know what I was thinking.
    But happy that Billions is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

My youngest turns 5 today but the poor little lamb woke up eyes glued shut from what looks like conjunctivitis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Restaurants that dont acknowledge your email when you are looking for a booking.
    My son emailed a place on Friday for 10 of us.Didnt get back to him till yesterday,the day we wanted to go.

We went on the off chance they could seat us.And we said it to the woman greeting us and she said it was mad busy.Well thats not my problem.Dont have a system if you are not going to use it.

Anyway all the spiel,they where fully booked.Told us to go back in a few minutes,so we did.And the big table had only been given away.Which is funny as they saidmit was reserved but this group just walked in.

Split us up which we didnt want but we where starving.And to be fair the food was lovely,our server was great.Its just a pity about the booking system

Sorry for the essay����

Receiving spam text from 57977. It says 'Send STOP to 57977'. So I type 'STOP' and get a response 'This will result in charges'. How are these people allowed to get away with this? (And, no, I've never signed up to them or heard of them).

Just going by previous Boards' posts, it seems like all the complaints to Comreg in the world are having no impact on the actions of this company, Red 27 Mobile.

Would you be able to just block their number? I know it's not the same thing, but it'd be a start. But I agree, it's red mist inducing.

People nowadays having the need or wanting to go viral. All these stupid fuking dances, challenges, doing something really nice for someone yeah but making sure there's a fuking camera plonked front and centre to record it and spread it on tinternet.

Absolute simpletons.

Yes it really annoys me.

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Would you be able to just block their number? I know it's not the same thing, but it'd be a start. But I agree, it's red mist inducing.

OK. Just blocked my first number ever. I'd love to know how they are getting my private number because I've never played games or entered competitions with it.

I've heard of a few people recently getting their phone hacked - I wonder, would this crowd have done the same, maybe through open/unprotected wi-fi access? Or maybe they (illegally) add a range of numbers to their list as targets.

I'd startby removing all wi-fi "suppliers" from the list on your phone, except for your own. I know it might be late for them, but it might prevent other "surprises".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Dublin Bus "real time" information. My bus has been 9 minutes away for the past 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

dubstarr wrote: »
    Restaurants that dont acknowledge your email when you are looking for a booking.
    My son emailed a place on Friday for 10 of us.Didnt get back to him till yesterday,the day we wanted to go.

We went on the off chance they could seat us.And we said it to the woman greeting us and she said it was mad busy.Well thats not my problem.Dont have a system if you are not going to use it.

Anyway all the spiel,they where fully booked.Told us to go back in a few minutes,so we did.And the big table had only been given away.Which is funny as they saidmit was reserved but this group just walked in.

Split us up which we didnt want but we where starving.And to be fair the food was lovely,our server was great.Its just a pity about the booking system

Sorry for the essay����

You're right to highlight this.
    This sort of flaky behaviour really bugs me.

I have an infection of my nailbed with pseudomonas. That pesky bacteria that loads of people with CF have in their lungs but thankfully I've managed to avoid it this far. I do have MRSA in my lungs and now I'm paranoid that the pseudomonas has made a nice little home for itself in there too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who put up cryptic FB posts.Just put it all up or nothing at all.Im dying to know but dont know her well enough to ask:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OK. Just blocked my first number ever. I'd love to know how they are getting my private number because I've never played games or entered competitions with it.

They didn't necessarily get it from anywhere, they just pick number ranges they know are active.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Feeling like a slug is such a ta right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

International Day of Happiness :confused: and on a Wednesday too :P

They must be stuck for 'days of' :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

International Day of Happiness :confused: and on a Wednesday too

You'd have thought it would be on a Friday :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement