Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe it's a happy day for people who work shifts and seldom get weekends off...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe it's a happy day for people who work shifts and seldom get weekends off...

I'll ask Gremlinertia - last heard of heading to a bar...so maybe :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People nowadays having the need or wanting to go viral. All these stupid fuking dances, challenges, doing something really nice for someone yeah but making sure there's a fuking camera plonked front and centre to record it and spread it on tinternet.

Absolute simpletons.

Yes it really annoys me.

And filming people in difficult , embarrassing , or private moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Recently, drinking any kind of carbonated drink seems to give me the hiccups nearly immediately. Strange and rather annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,590 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How much faith (pardon the pun) that people put in an imaginary 'god' so often.

He gets touted around all the time.

Over the last few days I have heard that he might help the parents of the kids from Tyrone killed in a crush, the kids of the woman who drowned on a hen night, and the people of Mozambique.

Will he f#+k. He has never helped needy people in situations like this before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

NIMAN wrote: »
    How much faith (pardon the pun) that people put in an imaginary 'god' so often.

He gets touted around all the time.

Over the last few days I have heard that he might help the parents of the kids from Tyrone killed in a crush, the kids of the woman who drowned on a hen night, and the people of Mozambique.

Will he f#+k. He has never helped needy people in situations like this before.

Didn't do much for either side of the religious divide in the north either

Didn't do much for either side of the religious divide in the north either

He didn't. True.

In fact, he hasn't done much for anyone, anywhere. It's almost like he doesn't exist.

Many people cope without hoping an imaginary man in the clouds will help them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I (somehow) have a papercut on my finger and it’s really itchy! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People parking so close to you in a car park that it makes it difficult for you to get out of your car. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was pruning roses earlier, without gloves, and now all the thorn scratches on my hands look like I have some awful rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Day 2 of training and as expected, some gobsheen decides to change seats and cause conusion. Stay in the seats you were in on day 1 ffs people!

Went to all the hassle of getting up early, getting into college, to only find out when I parked the car that my class at 10am is cancelled. I could’ve stayed in bed ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Making small talk with people on training courses. No I do not want to network. Please **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OK, can we stop pronouncing "Celine" as "Say-leen", and thus giving a beautiful French name the Sr. Dymphna treatment? Mmm-kay thanks 'bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I forgot to buy coco pops while I was out.
    I want coco pops with hot milk, they are currently like crack to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had inspiration on how to finish my assignment as I walked home from work last night, spent over an hour getting it on 'paper' and went to bed.
    Thrilled that I only need to find 300 words max, to finish. that will be mostly paraphrasing anyway.

Can I motivate myself to do this? still sat here reading conspiratorial theories like a lady of leisure.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TA that it’s not hometime yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People,just people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Binged a bit on chocolate today in work. The slump after the sugar rush is my TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Putting on a new jumper, biting into an orange and juice going all over the front of it.
    Put on another jumper and decide to eat Weetabix sitting on the sofa (as opposed to at the table).
    You can guess what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bredabe wrote: »
    Had inspiration on how to finish my assignment as I walked home from work last night, spent over an hour getting it on 'paper' and went to bed.
    Thrilled that I only need to find 300 words max, to finish. that will be mostly paraphrasing anyway.

Can I motivate myself to do this? still sat here reading conspiratorial theories like a lady of leisure.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ta’d that this British idiom of ‘sat’ instead of ‘sitting’ is creeping into our WOS
    (Way of speaking) as is ‘High St’ ‘Early doors’ etc:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

jimgoose wrote:
    OK, can we stop pronouncing "Celine" as "Say-leen", and thus giving a beautiful French name the Sr. Dymphna treatment? Mmm-kay thanks 'bye.

"Hello, my name is Salty Water."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

People that dont pack correctly at Lidl - move your crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta’d that this British idiom of ‘sat’ instead of ‘sitting’ is creeping into our WOS
    (Way of speaking) as is ‘High St’ ‘Early doors’ etc:mad::mad:

my 'London' accent seems to be rubbing off in my writing.:)

TA, at our last class gathering I shared a piece of info I got from a careers professional with the group I was in, D went off in one about how wrong I was and how her connections in Goggle/Fb contradict this and why would I be stressing about it anyway? even tho her world would end if she doesn't get a degree.

Yes she mentioned in the group news that her little boy was ill(common enough childhood illness)
    and she is behind in her work, I send best wishes even tho I didn't feel like it, and went on with the conversation I had been having with another classmate. The rest of the group filtered in their support as the night went on.

Just now I get a message from her clique about how mean it was to hold d's rant against her when her child was sooooo ill, when questioned they said they though my comment was unsympathetic and cold.

TA2, I'm not equip mentally or physically for this kind of thing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got home from work and on the way in the door, was asked to put some of the garden trimmings into the compost bin. On the way over to collect them an evil Rosebush reached out with its thorny tentacles and put a big pull in my favorite suit :(

Do it now, save coming back out later says I.....boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Archeron wrote: »
    Got home from work and on the way in the door, was asked to put some of the garden trimmings into the compost bin. On the way over to collect them an evil Rosebush reached out with its thorny tentacles and put a big pull in my favorite suit :(

Do it now, save coming back out later says I.....boooo

Killer. If you went inside first, you'd have probably changed into more casual clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Awkward signoffs at the end of tv/radio news and current affairs interviews. Presenter should just say Joe Bloggs, thank you very much and then cut. Having the interviewee stutter 'my pleasure' or 'you're welcome' followed by a couple of seconds of dead air is a needless irritant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm still annoyed with myself for buying banana flavoured custard today. Why is there even such a thing? :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is having an itchy foot - I can't scratch it properly because if I do it tickles too much. So there goes the theory that you can't tickle yourself, too (not a euphemism).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement