Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ooh is it rant about Amazon day? Bought a pair of novelty slippers for my husbands birthday (it's a thing) back at the start of October. Delivery date came and went with no package so I emailed the seller asking where my slippers were. First email they claimed that it had been sent and it must be with my neighbours. When I burst that bubble they asked me to just go to the post office to see if they had it. When I pointed out that I can't do that without a 'missed delivery' card they said fine, do you want a refund or will we send another pair out? When I said I wanted a replacement pair they were suddenly out of stock of it and refunded me my money.

Fs like I just wanted the slippers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A woman smiled and nodded at my daughter and me in Penneys last week. Still neither of us can remember where we know her from, but we definitely knew her from somewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have to get a national insurance number so I can work over here, which involves an interview. Next appointment date isn't for about 3 weeks, and then it takes between 6-8 weeks to get issued with a national insurance number. Beginning to wonder if it's worth it at all seeing as I'll be leaving in January

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Have to get a national insurance number so I can work over here, which involves an interview. Next appointment date isn't for about 3 weeks, and then it takes between 6-8 weeks to get issued with a national insurance number. Beginning to wonder if it's worth it at all seeing as I'll be leaving in January

You'll have it for life then though if you came back ?

You'll have it for life then though if you came back ?

Yeah, which is what's making me go through with it because I'll likely be back here when I'm finished college. Plus I have a job here (that I've yet to start but that's a different story :o) and even though I can't get paid until I have the national insurance number, I'll get a lump sum for the work I have done when I do have it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I'll get a lump sum for the work I have done when I do have it

Ahhh brilliant! the pints will be on you so :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    A woman smiled and nodded at my daughter and me in Penneys last week. Still neither of us can remember where we know her from, but we definitely knew her from somewhere :(

Thats me,i have face blindness.im awful if i see people out of context.I will say hello and wreck my head wondering where i know them from.And mostly its the local shops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Picked up my repeat prescription from my new dr,
    20 freaking euro to print off and sign an A5 sized piece of paper!

Holy freaking crap!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Back/Arse sweat marks left on the dentist's chair when I get up. Why do they have to have leather seats? :o

Ahhh brilliant! the pints will be on you so :pac:?

In about 6 weeks, yeah :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dentist calls 2 days before appointment -

'Would you be available to come in at 4pm rather than 4:30pm as planned? '

'Sure' says I and readjusted my schedule.
    Arrived at dentist at 3.50 and end up sitting in waiting room for 35 min. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When you have a late lunch and aren't hungry for dinner, but are starving around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Virgin media box forgetting to record random episodes. Can’t cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Door to door sales are really annoying. I try to be polite cos it must be a bollocks of a job.

Vodafone and Pre Pay power are the regular offenders, I didn't want it 3 months ago and not today either. Don't be annoying me or I'll release my savage Lhasa Apsos :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

Two gripes in one...........i do a lot of home visits. sometimes in the middle of nowhere, sometimes north, south dublin, could be anywhere. i say i'll be there at e.g. 3.00
    sat nav on
    my phone rings just as the sat nav is telling me to turn right or left (and usually in the middle of a complicated housing estate)
    i can't hear my sat nav
    i miss my turn

IF and only IF i decide to take the call (as i dutifully pull over) its the clients asking me if i'm coming. its 2.50. wait till i'm not there before you call me.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Rubberlegs wrote: »

She's your next door neighbour for the last 11 years

I'm the opposite, never forget faces or names...it's a bit off putting for people when you address them by their first name and ask how their hubby is doing...and you haven't seen them in 35 years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tummy is still in ribbons :mad:

Not happy when i can't eat..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm the opposite, never forget faces or names...it's a bit off putting for people when you address them by their first name and ask how their hubby is doing...and you haven't seen them in 35 years :D

Same here. A good memory can be a curse. I still remember people I went to Irish college with or met on holidays back in the early 1980s. It's usually not reciprocated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

‪Can hear noisy bitches on the street from my bed. Got up, opened the window and asked them to desist from speaking!‬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

dubstarr wrote: »
    Thats me,i have face blindness.im awful if i see people out of context.I will say hello and wreck my head wondering where i know them from.And mostly its the local shops

That must be so difficult to cope with :(
    I read an article about it recently. Very tough.

• Advertisement

Try_harder wrote: »
    ‪Can hear noisy bitches on the street from my bed. Got up, opened the window and asked them to desist from speaking!‬

Actual footage:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You need to keep a bucket of slop at hand, just in case the "Samantha approach" doesn't prove successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Effing Technology. :mad::mad::(:( Phone was so good for a while. Well not anything great but it was working and charging! But I let the Battery run out fully today, why didn't I just fcuking run into other room and plug it in when it was at 1% and still on. But no. I didn't. I just let it die. Can't charge it at all now or turn it on or nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nuzzing.

I have it plugged in here now to Power-Bank and the Power-Bank is lit up, which should indicate it is charging the Phone. Buttt Phone looks dead as a dodo. There's no picture of a Battery counting up on the screen or nothing at all. If I can feicing turn the thing on that might give it a bit of a giddy-up and charge it. But it won't turn on.

I know the last time I was trying to revive Phone from its' death there was a knack to holding/pressing the couple of buttons to switch it back on. But I can't remember. :rolleyes::( It could just be that more time is needed to bring power to the Phone if it's a thing that a Power Bank operates off a lower power system than a standard Charger might. I wonder would that be it. Even though I've it attached to Power Bank now for the last couple of hours but still nothing not a thing, you would think Battery icon should be displayed on the screen charging away by now but no nothing. :mad::(

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!

Reading the job briefs for some of the shifts I can apply for and they're all so strict on uniform, many of them say no jewellery, so it looks like I'm gonna have to get a clear nose stud to keep my nose piercing open and pray that it works. First time I'll ever have to do that, despite all my jobs being customer facing and no one ever had a problem with it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Looking through old photos brought up bad memories of a tough time and off people I've lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Turning 30 today.

I don't like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Turning 30 today.

I don't like it...

Happy birthday. The 30's aren't so bad. :)

TA the price of dental work in this country...

• La.de.da wrote: »
    Happy birthday. The 30's aren't so bad. :)

TA the price of dental work in this country...

Who needs to pay a dentist when you can get a good set of pliers for €30 in woodies :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Who needs to pay a dentist when you can get a good set of pliers for €30 in woodies :pac:

That's wicked expensive for a pliers. Woodies.....robbing bastards :) suppose could get some polyfiller for the fillings whilst I'm at it.

• Advertisement

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Turning 30 today.

I don't like it...

30s are great! Happy Birthday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement