Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have timed my tv viewing very badly and i still have one episode left of a season. I dont have the energy to stay up another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your mother ask you to look somebody up on Facebook.(To see a wedding/etc) she then clicks the Like button by mistake and you don't know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

When your mother ask you to look somebody up on Facebook.(To see a wedding/etc) she then clicks the Like button by mistake and you don't know what to do!

Add a comment.In for penny,in for a pound:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Since when did tv/movie trailers "drop"?

This needs to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I'm still annoyed with myself for buying banana flavoured custard today. Why is there even such a thing? :P

Medicinal purposes.

I've heard it's very good if you find yourself "ensconced" for half an hour of a morning with....eh... a face like a cowboy pulling an arrow out of his shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Awkward signoffs at the end of tv/radio news and current affairs interviews. Presenter should just say Joe Bloggs, thank you very much and then cut. Having the interviewee stutter 'my pleasure' or 'you're welcome' followed by a couple of seconds of dead air is a needless irritant.

Equally awkward sign ins.

Presenter...Mr Bendar how do you justify your position...

Bendar... Good morning Joe and thank you for having me on and good morning to your listeners....

Who in fuhhrkes name started that crud off .Completely breaks up the flow of the conversation....

Stop it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sharing plates in restaurants and the waiter telling you the food will arrive in no particular order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sharing plates in restaurants and the waiter telling you the food will arrive in no particular order.

Thought you would be a carvery lad, John.

Try to come the ‘auld soldier’ to wangle a few extra slices of bacon.

Then start paying in small denomination coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thought you would be a carvery lad, John.

Try to come the ‘auld soldier’ to wangle a few extra slices of bacon.

Then start paying in small denomination coins.

Love a carvery the odd time, John, especially if I’ve a head on me from excessive porter the night before. 5 types of spuds (chips,mash, roast, garlic, and croquettes) appeals to the culchie in me. Carvery is also an excellent choice as lining if going on the beer - had one each day during Cheltenham week. Can recommend The Yacht in Clontarf if in the area

Another annoyance is being served food on/in slate, timber boards and miniature shopping trolleys. Serve my food on a plate, and my drink in a glass, and fûck off with your notions.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Question: if they serve your food on a floor tile, but they take more than 5 seconds to do so, can you still eat it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Getting a parking ticket even though you paid but the ticket slipped down the dash when the door was closed.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

dubstarr wrote: »
    Add a comment.In for penny,in for a pound:D:D

Do. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb :)

TA people rattling bathroom door handle when someone's in there and demanding to know if you're in there . You know I'm in here nurse . I just asked you where the bathroom is. I was only there for a minute so what could she think/be worried I was doing/have happened to me ?

The bathroom is the only place you can find any peace in a hospital .

Oh another one . Big TA for me . Adult children apologising for their elderly parent when they weren't doing any harm, just trying to chat to someone (me in this case)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm still annoyed with myself for buying banana flavoured custard today. Why is there even such a thing? :P

Banana-flavoured anything. Including bananas. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Banana-flavoured anything. Including bananas. Gross.

Damn right - bananas are disgusting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The mean one at the deli counter. 3 girls working there, 2 lovely and pleasant and will fill your roll to the brim. Not the other one though. A sorry feeling getting a skinny roll where your thumb and middle finger touch while you hold it.

What did I do to upset you, mean deli woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sharing food at all, but especially in a restaurant, annoys me. One of my sisters loves to do that.

"Oh, yours looks lovely, can I try a bit?", and it's snatched before you can say anything. If I have to let somebody try anything off my plate, they've to do so before I start. After that, NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Received an e-mail at work which stated that "... does not entitle our clients to card blanch per say".
    Straight from the Derek Trotter school of business communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

People in open plan offices who have their desk landline phone ringer volume turned up ridiculously loud.

The woman who sits behind me has her phone ringer volume up so loud it could wake the dead.....she is less than a foot awake from the thing :mad:

I forgot this is Friday . I have to be nice to someone I dislike. All weekend . And he doesn't reciprocate with the niceness .

Only 2 days 'til Monday. Deep breaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I forgot this is Friday . I have to be nice to someone I dislike. All weekend . And he doesn't reciprocate with the niceness .

Only 2 days 'til Monday. Deep breaths.

Alcohol is your friend here. What could possibly go wrong.

• Advertisement

Alcohol is your friend here. What could possibly go wrong.

Don't encourage me :) I could go for horse tranquilisers at times .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Don't encourage me :) I could go for horse tranquilisers at times .

Ah good auld ketamine...the online poker players best friend :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Received an e-mail at work which stated that "... does not entitle our clients to card blanch per say".
    Straight from the Derek Trotter school of business communication.
    People in open plan offices who have their desk landline phone ringer volume turned up ridiculously loud.

The woman who sits behind me has her phone ringer volume up so loud it could wake the dead.....she is less than a foot awake from the thing :mad:

Coincidence? :pac:

Ah good auld ketamine...the online poker players best friend :D

ugh. forgot that people actually do take that for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

ugh. forgot that people actually do take that for fun.

I used play a lot and tournaments would go on all thru the night into the next day and you'd know which players were "horsing" around very quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The M50 is a carpark and it isn't even 5PM

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing I'm a little tired of it people doing these Darkness into light walks and posting all this stuff online saying it's okay not be okay/etc.
    They then go off and threat people very badly from bullying/stealing/put downs/etc. Now anybody can do the odd thing or say the wrong thing from time to time.

I used play a lot and tournaments would go on all thru the night into the next day and you'd know which players were "horsing" around very quickly :D

I probably shouldn't post without a ta, but I don't understand ...would it not be a disadvantage for playing /gambling? When mental clarity is required ?

Now I have one . Is professionalism dead? The things I hear about peoples personal business that I didn't wish to hear! A lot of it ''told to 'Paddy' in strict confidence ''. Then promptly broadcast . Eg. a mental health problem for which someone is under the care of the psychologists at work. That's a major thing to be gossiping about .

You're ''stuck up'' for not participating. Fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Stopped by Daffodil Day collectors and picked up a pin (3 euro). Handed the ladies a 50 euro note and one of them asked me "How much change do you want?" I was a bit gobsmacked...mumbled 30 euro and came away feeling peeved. Am I overreacting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not a bit.

One thing that bugs me is charities assuming you don't want change when you hand them notes for whatever they are selling.

IT'S MY MONEY.

You are lucky I contributed anything at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement