Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,914 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No charity shop seems to accept toys anymore. I thought they just had too many after Christmas but I tried a slew of them over the phone again today and they said on health and safety grounds they no longer accept toys. What a waste to throw them into the bin (they can't go into conventional recycling as they're hard plastic).

Adverts , in the free section ?
    I'm sure you wouldn't have them up two minutes and they'd be gone .

Crazy that some charity shops won't take them though . Our local SVDP still accepts toys .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

No charity shop seems to accept toys anymore. I thought they just had too many after Christmas but I tried a slew of them over the phone again today and they said on health and safety grounds they no longer accept toys. What a waste to throw them into the bin (they can't go into conventional recycling as they're hard plastic).

I think the the recycling centres take hard plastics. I hope so, or I've messed up their system at least once..on second thoughts, I'd have checked with them before I dropped things in. So the one in Shannon does.

Until recently (?) plastic toys contained certain chemicals . I've heard they have been banned from a school I used to work for .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When a toilet roll falls and it unravels for a mile.

''Peel and reseal'', my derriere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Grown adults who play videos out (very) loud in restaurants. And they cackled and gawked non stop.

• Advertisement

Someone spat phlegm into my kitchen sink, from the looks of it. Charming . At least they missed the steel scouring thing, just about .

One of those mornings when the Tea Is just Not Right . I've re-made it a few times but it's no use.

My grandmother didn't swear but in her old age she used to 'come out with things' ('cause of alzheimers, I think )like tasting tea someone had made her and declaring it substandard by violently spitting it down the sink and roaring ''Rat's. Piss!''

I think it was really just a small act of defiance and her way of saying ''I hate you , you incompetent, selfish imbeciles'' (they were)

I'm TA because if I say it, nobody will get it. I was happy I remembered it, and now I miss my granny and my former husband who would've got it.

Ew. Last night's sink surprise must've triggered that memory . Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Try a local recycling page if there is one. Or any kind of free page. They get grabbed straightaway on local pages here. Something one kid has grown out of, another might just be starting to play with. It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People who think they're "edgy". No, you're no different than the next person. Maybe just more of a gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I just got a phone bill for 96 euro. Apparently the peel remote app that came with my phone managed to use 12GB of my data in the last month. It was also draining my battery and causing pop ups so I deleted it recently. Fecksake. Really should have paid more attention when Vodafone told me I was over my data allowance but usually I'm just a couple of Euro over. Grumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I wanna get a new stereo for my car so I can use Bluetooth for music. TA’d that I’m sentimental about getting rid of the old one. Ffs it’s just a CD player what is wrong with you? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I got this for my mother who does have alzheimers and attached them to her purse and handbag. A Life saver and not expensive

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth-key-finder-with-led-flashlight-and-4-receivers.html
    I've just ordered one based on your recommendation! This could be the start of a whole new life for me!

My family are going to love you for this as I usually always blame them when my things go missing biggrin.png

In case someone is interested, I've just come across this.

142368.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

If there's a direct provision centre in your area they'll probably take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Not sure whether to complain about a beauty therapist, got an extended bikini wax and she used strips and today I'm left covered in bruises and in such pain :( TA I can hardly walk because of it and I'm too shy to say anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you see a car for sale and the ad says "Will fly through the NCT".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you see a car for sale and the ad says "Will fly through the NCT".

I always think “if it’ll fly through, why not put it through yourself?” whenever I see that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not sure whether to complain about a beauty therapist, got an extended bikini wax and she used strips and today I'm left covered in bruises and in such pain :( TA I can hardly walk because of it and I'm too shy to say anything :o

Arnica cream from any chemist/health food shop for the bruising.
    I've had that experience more than once, in the end I rang them between appointments and asked if they would mind NOT using the strips there as I had an allergenic reaction and to note it on my file.
    Worked a treat and no discomfort as I wasn't finger pointing.

TA that its Sunday evening almost and I've not achieved a single thing I set out too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Dem Sunday blues.

Monday beckons.

Dem Sunday blues.

Monday beckons.

I feel you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

cleaned everywhere today.

then got the paint gear on to freshen up hallway.

everything cleared from the hall.
    music set on the phone.
    cup of tea made for the tea break during the actual work.
    equipment all layed out ready to go.

THEN, realize I had no paint left after the last freshen up!!!!!

ARRRRR

• Advertisement

Electricity company sent a text with a date to install replacement prepay meter because they put the first one pretty much on the ceiling and even the other person here who's over 6ft, can't see the screen and keypad .

But apparently they want to install a 2nd one and leave the 1st one where it is. I've no opinion on this as I'm only staying here short-ish term . It's not a problem for the owner , apparently . It still seems a bit odd. Maybe there's a valid reason , I don't know , or maybe they're stupid .

So the date wasn't suitable as I am never around on that day of the week.

''Ok, the installer will call you to book a different date for the IN-stall''

They didn't . Another text for the same day of the week , this week .

I decided it might be better to rearrange my plans instead of trying to deal with them on the phone again .

When I let an electrician from electric Ireland in, he was a normal person , capable of saying ''installation ''. He appeared to have more than two braincells to rub together and everything worked and was in the right place when he was finished . I don't know where this new company is recruiting from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dem Sunday blues.

Monday beckons.

Feeling it bigtime. Was on annual leave last week so a real dose of the Glenroes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dem Sunday blues.

Monday beckons.

Feeling it bigtime. Was on annual leave last week so a real dose of the Glenroes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

"The Glenroes" :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that now I have the Glenroes ...

I was in blissful ignorance up until 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA for tonight, had a bit if a moment, and it turns out if I cry straight after putting my nighttime moisturiser on it really stings my eyes... at least I'm now over the weepy moment because my eyes are so sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

It's that time on a Sunday night where I've no idea what to be at. Watch a movie ? start a new series ? read a book ? so many options but will probably do nothing. Weekends are too short.

Glenroes?

What are you doing in here, mother ?

TA I was very very close to requesting an ambulance for someone who was ''having a heart attack ''. As his mouth was open describing his excruciating agony , moaning like he was bringing octuplets into the world, a ferocious burp emanated from him.

''Oh it was wind''.

You pr1ck.

I am glad he's ok, obviously .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Bed.

Twitter is annoying me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

This "potato potawto" thing ye see on TV. I have never heard anyone in my life say it the second way.
    As for "tomaydo tomato". In Ireland, 90% of Irish people say "tamaha".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement