Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Couldn't figure out why my face hurt, then realised I was so tense I was holding my jaw in a weird frozen crooked position.

TAd that I didnt realise before my jaw started aching.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My neighbours chatty shrill voice in the hallway, talking at the top of her lungs.

"Use your INDOOR VOICE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When standing and taking off your shoes, you untie the laces with one hand but a knot forms and jams up. You then need to sit down and unravel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

ta'd that you can't cut your hair yourself and it look decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

TA'd at the latest update of OneNote! Why'd they have to take a great app and screw it up like that?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hair slides with catchy edges. Try pulling them out , hair caught, can't move the slide forward or back. Of course it's at the back of my head. I have been struggling with my arms behind my head and im probably making it worse . At times like this I'd nearly get back with ex just to have someone to help with these things.

TA using laptop in bed means nowhere to put mouse so I use the touch thing but it's wobbly and the cursor has a life of its own. clicking on the wrong things .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Period cramps that make you feel like you're being gutted from the inside out. And forgetting every month that it's actually period cramps and thinking wtf kind of food poisoning / stomach bug / extreme nausea is this??

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Discovered these caramel squares in Aldi in a moment of madness and now I’ve resigned to forever having a muffin top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Conor McGregor...he's announced his retirement... again...would he just not go away, annoying little twit that he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Got home in time to cut the grass for the first time this year, and decided to have a couple of bottles of beer at the same time.

TA that I don't understand what a "couple" actually means, and that I now have a bit of a hangover. On the plus side, the grass looks great :)

• Advertisement

Slimy bleach on your hand, seems to spread around instead of washing off.

Bar soap slime.

Bottle of Swarfega coated in black grease.

Not understanding half the references people make because I haven't watched whatever programme it's from .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    And the same thing just ****ing happened again yesterday. Including taking €2 for a daily mobile pass hours after i turned of my mobile data.
    Great day for it too.

Apparently it is my inactive pay as you go plan what is causing this.
    Never mind it has been inactive for 8 months and out of those 8 months, there hasnt been a problem taking €10 for an internet add on for 6 of them.

17 years i have been with these dildos, i hardly ever use my phone so any effort to switch providers (like there arent glorious stories of the other ones all over this site) is too much.
    But i guess i just might have to.

And 9 days later i get daily updates via DM in twitter that the tech team is still trying to solve this.

And i couldnt help myself:
    We are still talking about my mobile phone\addon failure and not the space shuttle, right?

Imagine i had been so daft to call their helpdesk in India.

inforfun wrote: »

Imagine i had been so daft to call their helpdesk in India.

I did, once , for a laptop . The woman told me to find a screwdriver and she'd talk me through fixing it?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I did, once , for a laptop . The woman told me to find a screwdriver and she'd talk me through fixing it?!

That would have been a great way to get rid of you. Warranty voided as soon as the screws look damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

When Ticketmaster doesn't list prices for upcoming events and any news article on the gig/performance will list a "Prices from" at best.

🤪

Cheeky Vino's bad enough but now someone on facebook is talking about Sexy Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hiding ads on Facebook ... clickity click click click. Should be only 1 and let me carry on

GBX wrote: »
    Hiding ads on Facebook ... clickity click click click. Should be only 1 and let me carry on

Do you know of an app called FB Purity?
    I use it. It cuts down on some of that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Do you know of an app called FB Purity?
    I use it. It cuts down on some of that

Hadnt heard of it till now! Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's nothing worse than a nerd that loves the sound of their own voice.

• Advertisement

TA I'm always scared when I see a notification that a moderator has commented :P

GBX You can also filter out 'content with certain keywords . Eg. mine include Donald Trump, Brexit, and Football .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Cheeky Vino's bad enough but now someone on facebook is talking about Sexy Coffee.

I hate when people say, having a cheeky this or sneaky that. How the fuk is it cheeky or sneaky? You're having a beer. You didn't break into fort knox or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Driving 120 miles to a training course over 3 days (40 miles a day) and I'm told after it that I can't claim my mileage back on it coz I don't have 'business use' on my insurance. WTAF. I don't use my car for business, why would I have business use on my insurance? Actually raging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That is a BS excuse btw. You do not need business use insurance to claim mileage.
    You can claim it yourself if you file tax returns btw. Not as much but still worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Driving 120 miles to a training course over 3 days (40 miles a day) and I'm told after it that I can't claim my mileage back on it coz I don't have 'business use' on my insurance. WTAF. I don't use my car for business, why would I have business use on my insurance? Actually raging.
    Check revenue's guidelines for expenses. As far as I remember you can claim the lower of the distance from your usual place of work or your home address. They say nothing about your insurance policy.

Just to drive the point home I'd show the guidelines to them and ask for the appropriate daily subsistence allowance on top of travel allowance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What's the etiquette for when you are in the toilets taking a code brown and the female cleaner knocks on the door to see if anyone is there.

"Sorry, I've started so I can't stop this."
    "Just wiping, be out in a minute"
    "You'd better bring the expensive cleaning products....and a semi decent air freshener"

"Go away, taking a sh*te"

or

*sit silently*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Drop an A bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What's the etiquette for when you are in the toilets taking a code brown and the female cleaner knocks on the door to see if anyone is there.

"You'd better bring the expensive cleaning products....and a semi decent air freshener"

or

*sit silently*

I tend to find a very loud and aggressive "WHAT?" does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boom_Bap wrote: »

or

*sit silently*

If you sit silently, she'll think there's no one in there and go in. She could then hear the 'playful splash' :eek:

Best to let out a few coughs or, worst case scenario, pretend you are talking on the phone.

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    If you sit silently, she'll think there's no one in there and go in. She could then hear the 'playful splash' :eek:

Best to let out a few coughs or, worst case scenario, pretend you are talking on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah yeah, just taking a sh*te at the moment and the c*ntin cleaner is rapping on the door wanting to come in"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement