Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    "Yeah, yeah yeah, just taking a sh*te at the moment and the c*ntin cleaner is rapping on the door wanting to come in"

How very subtle :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Occupied!"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    "Occupied!"

Do you not have to be more descriptive no? :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It'll be descriptive enough when you vacate (or should I say "evacuate"? :pac:) the cubicle.

Just wondering, Boomers... where are you exactly when you're replying to our suggestions? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

"Just finishing off a cheeky **** love....oh yeah there's the money shot. Yeeeahhhh"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

An article on Facebook from what would usually be a fairly reputable newspaper about this young lad who now can’t get into his village because of the speed ramps. But he had his car lowered, so I don’t know what he’s complaining about? No one forced him to have it dropped, if it affects him that much, just get the suspension raised again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Waiting on someone to ring and say what time they're calling in at . Was meant to be last week , I had to ring and ask were they coming , it was a no . They rang Friday and said it would be today , they would ring me first to let me know what time . I'm waiting until four and ringing them .

TLDR ;
    Time wasters .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Waiting on someone to ring and say what time they're calling in at . Was meant to be last week , I had to ring and ask were they coming , it was a no . They rang Friday and said it would be today , they would ring me first to let me know what time . I'm waiting until four and ringing them .

TLDR ;
    Time wasters .

Had a similar experience last weekend. We were expecting an overnight visit from someone we hadn’t seen in years. My mam cancelled an outing she was invited on and I made more sandwiches than Mrs Doyle could on her best day. Mam also bought a little gift for the person visiting. An hour before they were due to arrive they text to say they weren’t feeling well and would call another time. Now these things happen and all but but it was TA’ing nonetheless. Me and mam were half sandwich by the time the evening was out :pac:
    Only positive is as least the house got a good spruce

Should add that this has happened more than once!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Had a similar experience last weekend. We were expecting an overnight visit from someone we hadn’t seen in years. My mam cancelled an outing she was invited on and I made more sandwiches than Mrs Doyle could on her best day. Mam also bought a little gift for the person visiting. An hour before they were due to arrive they text to say they weren’t feeling well and would call another time. Now these things happen and all but but it was TA’ing nonetheless. Me and mam were half sandwich by the time the evening was out :pac:

At least you had sandwiches :D
    This is a "professional " , an expert in their field and rightly so , but somehow lacking in common courtesy and manners .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    At least you had sandwiches :D
    This is a "professional " , an expert in their field and rightly so , but somehow lacking in common courtesy and manners .

Nothing worse! And you feel bad then having to ring and chase it up but yet they don’t feel bad leaving you hanging.
    Hope they show up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I think my dog is being dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your Face wrote: »
    I think my dog is being dramatic.

has it started doing jazz hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

has it started doing jazz hands?
    No, I think he is more of a Method actor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd we weren't called up too help finish off the sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that I am starving and would gobble all rectro's mams sandwiches

Remembered I used to really like dried banana so decided to get some. TA’d that I’ve tried every supermarket in town and can’t find them anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Money just flying out of my account this month, hoping this would be a quite financial week this one, but noooooooooo.

The computer I typed my uni project on looses formatting between savings and the tutor who will be correcting it has commented on my formatting skills previously, so no chance of her overlooking it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Remembered I used to really like dried banana so decided to get some. TA’d that I’ve tried every supermarket in town and can’t find them anywhere :(

Health food shops have them . Holland and Barret etc

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Health food shops have them . Holland and Barret etc

Yeah I’m thinking I’ll have to try there. No Holland and Barret in town here so I’ll have to wait until I’m in Limerick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Do you know of an app called FB Purity?
    I use it. It cuts down on some of that

It also tells you when a friend has unfriended you or deactivated their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people asking you questions when they already know the answer - just to see what you'd say. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

When you're trying to tell someone a story, but they keep guessing the next bit.

"I met Paddy yesterday, he told me his dog.."

-"Oh did the dog die?"

"No, I met Paddy yesterday and he told me his dog is going to have.."

-"Oh is it having pups?"

"Ok just fcuk off I'm not telling you now"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

When radio djs talk all over the start and the end of a song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When radio djs talk all over the start and the end of a song!

Used to be a killer years ago when trying to record off the radio onto cassette.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Used to be a killer years ago when trying to record off the radio onto cassette.

And when they keep talking until the singing part starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Deja Boo wrote: »
    TA'd about the timing and wording of company notices.

Today's notice: "you are cordially invited to a blood drive" ... "invited" :rolleyes: to give blood on behalf of the company, 'requested" is more like it

emmm ok when is it? ....Date on the notice: YESTERDAY

:confused:
    Seriously?

Bleeding eejits

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Those vaguely throaty voiced and overly optimistic people on those phone/bank adverts. Is it the industry standard now?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Glad im not the only oldie on here:pac::pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

A vocal fry. Does my head in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement