Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

spoken word poetry in ads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

spoken word poetry in ads

Like that feckin insurance ad' retro couture watch....'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

When radio djs talk all over the start and the end of a song!

Or when they’d cut off a song as it was getting to the good part.
    Fine, November Rain is over 9 minutes but the last 2-3 are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Or when they’d cut off a song as it was getting to the good part.
    Fine, November Rain is over 9 minutes but the last 2-3 are the best.

American pie, goddammit its barely started!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When the seat reservation system on Irish rail isn't working properly. Chaos!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My To Do list today, it's too long.

I've started a new To Do list, item 1 is to clear the other To Do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My To Do list today, it's too long.

I've started a new To Do list, item 1 is to clear the other To Do list.

You should follow Rick Wakeman on twitter. You have a lot in common :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should follow Rick Wakeman on twitter. You have a lot in common :D

It's like reading me autobiography!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Enjoying a midweek hotel break with the OH, and down for breakfast not too long ago.

In the middle of a bowl of cereal (rice krispies) when another guest stands right beside my table, and catches my attention.

'Good morning Sir' says the American.

'Hello' I say through my chewing.

'Enjoying your breakfast?'

Me: "mmm..(inaudible words)..."

"Its great to have an appetite"

My thoughts: "OH MY GOD GET AWAY FROM ME YOU CRAZY PERSON. CAN'T YOU SEE I AM TRYING TO EAT MY BREAKFAST HERE, AND AM UNABLE TO TALK WITH MY MOUTH FULL OF FOOD!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I see anpost got its an back! And a meteor mobile style O! How much that rebranding cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Buying a relatively expensive remaster of an album and the CD arrives in a cardboard sleeve..

Seven Worlds will Collide

I don't mind when strangers talk to me in a normal way but when it's a bit weird or confusing like that American man, I worry I've finally lost the plot and I've hallucinated them. Like the man who asked if there was a bomb in the bread shelf in Dunnes or the old woman who looked in my car window outside Tesco and told me ''it very expensive ''. It's a massive relief if there's someone I know with me and they react, or I can see other people in the vicinity looking at/listening to the strange stranger .

An uncle of mine is schizophrenic and had elaborate hallucinations so it really does worry me.

I've come to the conclusion that there are just dotty people and I'm a magnet .

A bit like the chemist do -they-think-I'm-shoplifting paranoia someone mentioned here recently .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Missed calls from numbers I don’t know. Who are you and want do you want with me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

people who assume parental support of transgender children is actually child abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Fecking ear worm for the day. Heard a small bit of that stupid 'Candy' by that spoofer Robbie Williams earlier. Now it's stuck on repeat in my head for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Fecking ear worm for the day. Heard a small bit of that stupid 'Candy' by that spoofer Robbie Williams earlier. Now it's stuck on repeat in my head for the day.
    Be glad its not " Baby Shark doo doo doodoo "

People who have a radio (almost always the same repetitive commercial radio format that's came from the US in the 1980s) on in the "background" (usually so loudly that's it's in reality foreground music) all day every day, as if they're in fact oblivious to that noise.

Could they think for a second, 'Well, perhaps I should turn the racket off while this person is trying to communicate with me". Same applies to the ignorami with their tvs blaring across pubs, public areas, waiting rooms, barbers, etc. Perhaps your customers do not need that noise and would just like quiet?

Turn it all off, or put headphones on and torture yourself alone - quietness is not threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who have a radio (almost always the same repetitive commercial radio format that's came from the US in the 1980s) on in the "background" (usually so loudly that's it's in reality foreground music) all day every day, as if they're in fact oblivious to that noise.

Could they think for a second, 'Well, perhaps I should turn the racket off while this person is trying to communicate with me". Same applies to the ignorami with their tvs blaring across pubs, public areas, waiting rooms, barbers, etc. Perhaps your customers do not need that noise and would just like quiet?

Turn it all off, or put headphones on and torture yourself alone - quietness is not threatening.

Was on a recent road trip, trying to navigate heavy traffic in the lashing rain, when one of my mates asked if they could turn on the radio. Not a problem I said, but they then turned it up full blast, and not even fully on the station. So it was half white noise, half sh!te music. And then continued to chat away to everyone in the car, except now we all had to raise our voices. I put a stop to it after a few minutes, but I seemed to be the only person who was irritated by it

My friend's child kicking me in the back in the car (through the passenger seat, my friend's car, for most of the journey )

I can feel that , you little horror .

^^^ This - at soccer matches kids in the row behind you kicking the seats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

People (outside of those with a medical condition) wearing coats and jumpers in this weather. Is it for attention or what? Where did the pussification of so many Irish people when it comes to temperature come from? Irish mammies and nanas nearly smothering us to death with blankets in case we might get a bit cold?

You wouldn't see people who are obviously from hot countries going around in jumpers and coats in this weather.

Don't know where you are but my weather stations in North Tipp and West Galway are 13.3 and 12.2 C respectively atm, hardly tee shirt weather

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People (outside of those with a medical condition) wearing coats and jumpers in this weather. Is it for attention or what? Where did the pussification of so many Irish people when it comes to temperature come from? Irish mammies and nanas nearly smothering us to death with blankets in case we might get a bit cold?

You wouldn't see people who are obviously from hot countries going around in jumpers and coats in this weather.

You most certainly would see Spanish or Portugese wearing jackets at 13 degrees

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was in Canaries in December and in 20 degree heat many of the locals were wearing coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Don't know where you are but my weather stations in North Tipp and West Galway are 13.3 and 12.2 C respectively atm, hardly tee shirt weather
    Never said it was t-shirt weather, because it's not a case of just jumpers/coats or t-shirts, and nothing in between!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Toilet cubicle vandals who:

a. Smash and break the door lock;
    b. Smash and break the coat hanger; or
    c. Break the toilet roll holder by pushing in the paper so you cannot get any out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ireland is a weird country.I was waiting on the bus today and it was freezing.Next minute the sun was splitting the trees.You have to dress for all types of weather here

That ''Am I in Tipperary or Laois or is this Offaly again ?'' feeling when you drive up there.

The R445 out of Roscrea - Tipp Offaly and Laois in less than a Kilometre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I cycled home from work yesterday evening without wearing a jacket (at about 6.30pm), and you should have seen the look I got from an older man cycling the other direction. He had layers of stuff on, and looked at me as if I were the freak!

I've to dump €25,000 worth of inventory by Friday (end of the quarter) but I'm finding it difficult. I'm a bit of a hoarder at home so why would this be any different? (The things I've to dump are spare parts for machines in a factory.) My manager has said to be ruthless, and I'm trying but still only in the €6000s. I think I might take no prisoners tomorrow, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement