Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I've to dump €25,000 worth of inventory by Friday (end of the quarter) but I'm finding it difficult. I'm a bit of a hoarder at home so why would this be any different? (The things I've to dump are spare parts for machines in a factory.) My manager has said to be ruthless, and I'm trying but still only in the €6000s. I think I might take no prisoners tomorrow, though.

Possible TA for me here! Is the "stuff" you have to dump in good working order? Could it be sold or given away?

Waste by companies (or people in general) is a big TA of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Looking like a badly kept collie and passing a cute guy in the shops, arms full of junk food and mixers(for a party)!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Jackdaws at my peanut feeders.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

It’s the time of year for me to plug my laptop into the wired internet connections in college to activate the Windows on it again. Except that every time I do it, there’s no connection on the wired network :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Buying a relatively expensive remaster of an album and the CD arrives in a cardboard sleeve..

What was it?

• Advertisement

What was it?

Late for The Sky

Late for The Sky

Mine has a jewel case. Just took photo - although it's from 2003. Is yours more recent?

55769876_10161742333310089_194639422409408512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=8d0aaf5c3ef1cbb98bdd9d841d24aff2&oe=5D4DFD64

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Spotify increasing volume for their ads. Scared the **** outta me.

Mine has a jewel case. Just took photo - although it's from 2003. Is yours more recent?

Yes it's a 2014 remaster by inside recordings, had a bit of a listen in the car only but it sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Spotify increasing volume for their ads. Scared the **** outta me.

That increasing volume for ads should be banned.

I mean, there you are lying in the bed thumbing your cluster, nice easy music/talk on, when suddenly

B O O M

Forking device explodes and throws you all out of kilter...nah...not good

• Advertisement

It's a fine album; I remember seeing the title track in Taxi Driver (playing on the TV that someone's watching) and wondering what that great song was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

One headlight working 'Cyclops' cars. Or one light barely working. You have a fair idea the light has gone for ages but the lazy bo*lix of a driver won't get it fixed. Dangerous too.

[PHP][/PHP]
    Marengo wrote: »
    One headlight working 'Cyclops' cars. Or one light barely working. You have a fair idea the light has gone for ages but the lazy bo*lix of a driver won't get it fixed. Dangerous too.

Particularly dangerous at twilight - see them every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cat hair on my clothes .

The erosion of the English language .

@NewbridgeIR

I'm pretty sure I had the one you have but it's lost/misplaced/stolen!!

Have it on vinyl from waaaaayyy back

It's a fairly common trend now. I am not a fan. Much prefer jewel cases.

I got the Paul Weller Other Aspects – Live at the Royal Albert Hall 2CD+DVD set from Amazon Monday. Flimsy card sleeve too. Booklet keeps sliding out.

A lot of 4 / 5 CD box sets are using those overlapping disc holders. Back in the good old days they came in individual jewel cases inside a larger longbox. I'd gladly pay more if they could go back to that

Yea I hate those multi CD but single size cases

Yea I hate those multi CD but single size cases

I am a massive fan of the fatbox. I know they take up more space but they're great. If you see the same album in a normal size hinged jewel case then you've been had - the fatbox contains a front inlay, back inlay and booklet. Frequently people ditch the front inlay and shove the booklet into a regular jewel case. Old fuzzy photo but you get the idea.

55875058_10161742471615089_5448965372814295040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=9be268c94783f5bb2d6af0f0d7284b62&oe=5D0AA2D4

BTW that JB was €17 odd....

I have a few fat boxes..off the top of my head - The War of The Worlds :)

BTW that JB was €17 odd....

I have a few fat boxes..off the top of my head - The War of The Worlds :)

Dear enough. Amazon with their near-monopoly are shoving up the prices.
    The fatboxes had a good run - died off around 1994/95. Now 28 was the last Now in a fatbox. If I am buying older non-remastered albums I'll go out of my way to get them. Here's some memorable old skool fatbox greatest hits

54462754_10161742545495089_7349763485359669248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=cc9f3014f96866fc94985ed065e391be&oe=5D461664

• Advertisement

Snap for Billy Joel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The erosion of the English language .
    My friend referred to dogs as 'puppers' this evening...saw nothing wrong with it ... I nearly cried. She has a degree in English :(

I occasionally refer to mine as the pups, but puppers is a TA for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Aglomerado wrote: »
    My friend referred to dogs as 'puppers' this evening...saw nothing wrong with it ... I nearly cried. She has a degree in English :(

Oh, that's really awful :(

It's up there with ''wowzers''

And...am....er...I call them the girls too...would that be a TA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

After two years a temp, interviewed for my own job. Didn't get it. Welcome to the public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Waiting at the bus stop, and its the same imbeciles pacing up and down every day. Da fuq. Won't stay still. Bonus points for talking into bottom edge of phone with speakerphone on. Clown shoes.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    After two years a temp, interviewed for my own job. Didn't get it. Welcome to the public sector.

Sorry to hear that SG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sorry to hear that SG

Cheers CH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

And...am....er...I call them the girls too...would that be a TA?

No ... 'Girls' is in the OED and a favourite word of Father Jack :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement