Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Thanks La.de.da & Try harder for the birthday wishes...

It'll take some getting used to,

Couldn't be any worse than the latter half of the 20s, that was brutal...

Can't wait for today to be over (see post from yesterday about package I'm waiting on, I want my game damn it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Thanks La.de.da & Try harder for the birthday wishes...

It'll take some getting used to,

Couldn't be any worse than the latter half of the 20s, that was brutal...

Can't wait for today to be over (see post from yesterday about package I'm waiting on, I want my game damn it!)

15 months til Im 40 gonna squeeze every last once outta my 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Effing Technology. Phone was so good for a while. Well not anything great but it was working and charging! But I let the Battery run out fully today, why didn't I just fcuking run into other room and plug it in when it was at 1% and still on. But no. I didn't. I just let it die. Can't charge it at all now or turn it on or nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nuzzing.

The connection within the phone where the charger plugs in could be loose or broken. The charge is not getting to the battery.

TA that I am wide awake again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Wow Im really grouchy! I gave out to the women on the street talking loudly last night waking me up and now I asked the two lads beside me on the train to quieten down! Id my earphones in could still hear them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Woke up to the sound of post landing in the hall, the sound resembled the sound of a DVD/video game case hitting the floor, I've dropped many a DVD case so I'm used to the sound. My heart skipped a beat thinking it was the new and eagerly anticipated Red Dead Redemption game that I've been waiting on for ages, as well as millions of other people. Game isn't due out till Friday, me overjoyed with the certainty of the noise, I boot it downstairs to collect my package and hug the postman...

I look down at the front door and it's a property tax bill. Well...f**k it anyway!

Must have imagined the "DVD case noise"

Waaaaah!

I know the feeling.

*bro hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Charity fund raiser at work. The cash collectors are way too happy smiley people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

A white van hogging the overtaking lane in front of me this morning for 10 minutes. They were going slow but fast enough so that no one could undertake them.

I'd usually be quite patient in this situation but they were blatantly doing it on purpose. After eventually pulling into the left lane, I passed them and the driver looked out at me with a horrible smug smile. I gave her the middle finger, she deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 diceyriley

Being asked to do a pointless task in work.  It's easier to just do it than question it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Prams. Why the fock are they so expensive?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A collection of ta's.
    An email sent to sib about his pet insurance,'with x co, your pet is insured for life'! in the tiny print it says s this only applies if he keeps renewing his policy and keeps his payments up to date.:rolleyes:

A flyer from a local shop X brand toilet tissues, 12 pack of toilet tissues, 2 packs for 10e,
    In-store same brand a pack of 24 toilet tissues is 9.99.

Just dealing with day to day stuff is too mathematical!
    :eek::eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Effing Technology. :mad::mad::(:( Phone was so good for a while. Well not anything great but it was working and charging! But I let the Battery run out fully today, why didn't I just fcuking run into other room and plug it in when it was at 1% and still on. But no. I didn't. I just let it die. Can't charge it at all now or turn it on or nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nuzzing.

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!

Check for fluff in the charging hole!!

I found a mechanical pencil in my drawer and I can't stop playing with it. I spent an hour in a meeting colouring in a page on my notebook with it.
    It's nearly out of lead now because I keep breaking the tip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

La.de.da wrote: »
    Happy birthday. The 30's aren't so bad. :)

TA the price of dental work in this country...

The annoying cow on the radio mad for Dental Excellence!

“I’m Mary, and I can travel with you, and guide you blah blah blah” in the most annoying voice imaginable.

I’d rather have my teeth done in a Kwik Fit garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The annoying cow on the radio mad for Dental Excellence!

“I’m Mary, and I can travel with you, and guide you blah blah blah” in the most annoying voice imaginable.

I’d rather have my teeth done in a Kwik Fit garage.

You would probably get a better job done as well. She was caught out using pictures of work she claimed were done by the practice she represents but were actually done by an irish dentist. The irish dentist who did the work posts on boards. He knew they were his work because the teeth in question belonged to his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My well-meaning neighbours don't seem to get that I occasionally like to walk to or from the local town, fresh air exercise etc. so I don't need a lift but thanks all the same.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boom_Bap wrote:
    I found a mechanical pencil in my drawer and I can't stop playing with it. I spent an hour in a meeting colouring in a page on my notebook with it. It's nearly out of lead now because I keep breaking the tip off.

I thought you would have learned not to play with stationery after the pen in the eye debacle the other day tut tut tut...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought you would have learned not to play with stationery after the pen in the eye debacle the other day tut tut tut...
    ah but I'm a massive gobsh*te! I'll probably staple by thumb to a colleague next.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is that your way of showing them that you fancy them? 'cause, like, flowers and chocolates might prove more successful (provided your OH already works with you, or you'd get into trouble).

New Home wrote:
    Is that your way of showing them that you fancy them? 'cause, like, flowers and chocolates might prove more successful (provided your OH already works with you, or you'd get into trouble).

Yeah he staples each finger and thumb. She loves me, she loves me not... :D

Generally they know I fancy them with all the drooling and panting.
    I never buy chocolates because I know they would never get to the intended recipient before i stuff my fat face with all them at the same time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Together forever. Unlike paperclips. Those don't spell commitment at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's etc not ect people!!!!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The ever changing topic of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Try_harder wrote: »
    30s are great! Happy Birthday

Dirty 30s :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My well-meaning neighbours don't seem to get that I occasionally like to walk to or from the local town, fresh air exercise etc. so I don't need a lift but thanks all the same.

TBH that's probably my granny. She can't go anywhere in the car without stopping to offer someone a lift. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Want to take tomorrow off so have been trying to grab a hold of my boss all day but he's in and out of meetings like a fiddler's elbow. Going to have to wait til he finishes his last one so I can ask him, so it's going to be a late evening. I'll be raging if he says no!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

It's etc not ect people!!!!!
    And you only need to use it once! (etc that is, not ! though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Yeah he staples each finger and thumb. She loves me, she loves me not... :D

Staple the bit of skin/flesh between your thumb and forefinger, see what happens ;)

Acupuncture? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Really hungry a lot lately and the weekend is looming and I'm afraid I will be tempted :(

• Advertisement

selous wrote:
    Staple the bit of skin/flesh between your thumb and forefinger, see what happens

Will unicorns fly out of my bum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement