Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Drunk people shouting outside my house

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Drunk people shouting outside my house

My friends and I learned the hard way how the French deal with that.
    We were very merry outside a club in Paris and serenading the locals with our singing when we felt the wrath of the sleeping locals who rained a cup of water down on top of our heads.
    Just sayin... Hint hint..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Because everyone loves dancing!!!

TA - people who think everyone loves dancing.

Had 2 beers a packet of doritos and watched Suicide Squad on Netflix. ON MY OWN. Great night

Was it? Are you sure?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My friends and I learned the hard way how the French deal with that.
    We were very merry outside a club in Paris and serenading the locals with our singing when we felt the wrath of the sleeping locals who rained a cup of water down on top of our heads.
    Just sayin... Hint hint..

Just be grateful that chamber pots are no longer in fashion. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

kowloon wrote: »
    Was it? Are you sure?

The Movie was incidental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Fecking pigeons, shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Dusty places....:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The amount of time it takes for money to show up in my current account when I lodge it at a post office .

The thing someone recorded has disappeared from the Sky planner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I feel very not ar$ed today. And a little queasy.

Also, I am totally in love with someone else's cat and I'm TA'd that I can't catnap him because no pets are allowed in the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So I've been trivially annoyed by a splinter in my big toe for months. Tried twice to literally dig it out, we're talking almost surgery here and being maddened cos I couldn't find it.

Tried again tonight cos it was sore and I GOT IT however it was a freaking hair. I've googled and hair splinters are legit things. My mind is blown.... It was like 8ish mm. Couldn't believe it.

• Advertisement

So I've been trivially annoyed by a splinter in my big toe for months. Tried twice to literally dig it out, we're talking almost surgery here and being maddened cos I couldn't find it.

Tried again tonight cos it was sore and I GOT IT however it was a freaking hair. I've googled and hair splinters are legit things. My mind is blown.... It was like 8ish mm. Couldn't believe it.
    A friend of mine was in hospital recently to remove an ingrown hair in his lower back, he was in agony with it before being removed, could it be a similar thing? I'd never heard of it tbh, usually you can just squeeze out an ingrown or use a tweezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you're out with a group of people for a meal and some or all of the others are not "change-organised" when it comes to splitting the bill.

Change-organised means ensuring you have a selection of notes (particularly €5s and €10s) and coins to put towards the bill and the tip.
    Instead what often happens is that people throw down €50 notes totally f**king it up.
    The easiest way to break a €50 is to buy something small in Dunnes, Tesco etc and pay via the self-service checkouts. Just takes a tiny bit of planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A friend of mine was in hospital recently to remove an ingrown hair in his lower back, he was in agony with it before being removed, could it be a similar thing? I'd never heard of it tbh, usually you can just squeeze out an ingrown or use a tweezers.

It was on the base of my toe no hair follicles there. I'd post a pic but.... that would be weird. Was right on the push off point on my toe as well but I'd kinda just gotten used to it. So glad it's out.

When you're out with a group of people for a meal and some or all of the others are not "change-organised" when it comes to splitting the bill.

Change-organised means ensuring you have a selection of notes (particularly €5s and €10s) and coins to put towards the bill and the tip.
    Instead what often happens is that people throw down €50 notes totally f**king it up.
    The easiest way to break a €50 is to buy something small in Dunnes, Tesco etc and pay via the self-service checkouts. Just takes a tiny bit of planning.

This really bugs me also, similarly someone in my family is a total stinge and if we go out for a meal he'll always take the cash from everyone and pay with his card(definitely putting in as expenses) but he always gains if someone say throws in 50e whilst the cost might be 40e and he just takes the lot, we're on to him now so refuse to let him pay by card.. Skip's his rounds also, necks wine with the meal, I could go on but mean people disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Same thing happened my little niece when she was only a few weeks old! She had to be put under to have it removed.

TA my apps on my phone have all switched around and I keep clicking on the wrong things and can’t remember the order they used to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I shouldn’t have got back into bed because now I don’t wanna get out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

2 year old was wide awake at 6:20 this morning. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

Because everyone loves dancing!!!

TA - people who think everyone loves dancing.

The thing is, I do enjoy dancing. It's dragging my ass out of the house that's the problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

2 year old was wide awake at 6:20 this morning. That is all

...you bleedin' need? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This is not so trivial but junk science practitioners who could actually harm seriously ill folks boil my piss. Like, fine if they want to believe that their emotions or the way they lived their life or not eating enough broccoli caused their own cancer/motor neurone disease/MS/whatever and that fixing those things will cure them but counselling others in the same position that this is the reason for their predicament is dangerous and deeply unethical. But so many people lap it up because it’s what they want to hear. They might be able to fix themselves! No need for that medicine so. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Packets that say they are easy to open and reseal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Packets that say they are easy to open and reseal.

Getting them open would be good , never mind reseal !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I haven't had to take a train in years. Today I did and going in the morning was grand. Coming back in the afternoon was like being stuck in a smelly pub. People had tables littered with beer cans, were loud and talking sh!te and the carriage smelled like stale beer and sweat ��

There was a grandma with her 5/6 year old grandson who had to sit at a table where an older guy who was maybe 70's, was drinking guinness and a bit merry for it, who kept trying to talk sh!te to the young lad. The grandma was trying to distract the young lad. It was uncomfortable to watch.

Are people really not able to make a train journey at half one in the afternoon without getting p!ssed???

Just to add before anyone thinks I'm a middle class snob, I don't have a car and when I need to go to Dublin I take the bus, which is grand but today I needed to go to Athenry and the train was the best option. Thankfully I was only on it for 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Men going around in torn jeans. "It's the fashion". Would you wear a jacket with holes in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Men going around in torn jeans. "It's the fashion". Would you wear a jacket with holes in it?
    It's not just men. You can now buy jeans for toddlers with the "distressed" look! It's very fashionable to pay loads of money to look like you are homeless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Clothes shops that don’t allow you to take the hanger with your purchase.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you spill an almost-full cuppa. Not only that. When you spill an almost-full cuppa and the mug has a bit of a belly, so that when it topples over it starts to spin, and it sends the tea/coffee shooting in every possible direction. Including up your sleeve. :mad: But wait, there's more. When all of that happens, and you're wearing slippers made of towelling material. And you're just about to go to bed. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Not sure if it's TA but people driving cars they cannot handle.

I was in a busy car park at lunch time today with a woman driving a large people carrier the wrong way on a one way system.

When I told her she was going the wrong way her reply was "This is my husband's car, I can't reverse it, you'll have to reverse". I polietely (honestly) told her she shouldn't be driving something she can't reverse, her reply was "please don't make a scene in front of my children and just do it".

I did and wouldn't have gotten aggressive or argumentative anyway but was genuinely annoyed that she thought there was nothing wrong with the situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Would have kept you awake anyway NH (unless it caffeine free of course then it's just pointless) :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The ad for Spice Girls tour where they’re all singing

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement