Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New receptionist at work fcuking up and telling people they don’t need to book into the restaurant for dinner. And then said people getting annoyed when I tell them (politely) that I’m very sorry but we’re booked up, and don’t have any space, but they can still get bar food (which tbh is nicer anyway). Obviously she’s still learning like we all do when we start a new job, but I feel like common sense should prevail in this situation (especially since she’s apparently an experienced hotel receptionist :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Balding, 40 plus aged middle class men with horrendously badly fitting jeans and extremely bland clothing. No effort whatsoever on their behalf to make an effort to look good. It's like they don't care anymore. I see them frequenting pubs, restaurants and cafes every day, normally with a cranky looking partner and a bunch of kids in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

weekend exhaustion... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

In those relationship threads when people always get advised to “join a club”.....it’s such bollox. People tend to just be there to train at the sport or hobby not to get hit on by some sad act

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would have kept you awake anyway NH (unless it caffeine free of course then it's just pointless) :D

CH, if you drink tea or coffee only for the caffeine hit, then you've been drinking the wrong tea/coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

When you're out with a group of people for a meal and some or all of the others are not "change-organised" when it comes to splitting the bill.

Change-organised means ensuring you have a selection of notes (particularly €5s and €10s) and coins to put towards the bill and the tip.
    Instead what often happens is that people throw down €50 notes totally f**king it up.
    The easiest way to break a €50 is to buy something small in Dunnes, Tesco etc and pay via the self-service checkouts. Just takes a tiny bit of planning.

This is most definitely annoying. But what’s more so, is why this should even be a thing in the first place. Any time I go out to dinner or whatever, most people just want to pay for themselves. Splitting the bill is common in many countries but Is often a pain in the hole when out in ireland I find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My lungs are so annoying this morning. They won't shut up. My chest is sore already so the coughing isn't helping. A nice chest massage could be the answer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Clock/watch adjusting time....what time is it?...:mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's simultaneously too early and too late, CH. And I got fooled twice, this time around: I had convinced myself that the clock had gone back yesterday morning (so I lost an hour's sleep then), then someone set me straight last night. Rinse and repeat this morning. :/

I need a non-spinning coffee.

Now that's TA Gold NH.

• Advertisement

Don't speak so loudly, CH, I'm still sleepy! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Someone painting their nails on the bus. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TK Lemon wrote: »
    Someone painting their nails on the bus. :eek:

Their toenails? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

RMAOK wrote: »
    Their toenails? :eek:

I had someone do that on a flight once. The whole cabin was choking before she was told stop. Due to recycled air the smell didn't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Balding, 40 plus aged middle class men with horrendously badly fitting jeans and extremely bland clothing. No effort whatsoever on their behalf to make an effort to look good. It's like they don't care anymore. I see them frequenting pubs, restaurants and cafes every day, normally with a cranky looking partner and a bunch of kids in tow.

Their lives are over, that's why they just don't care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Having to reset the VCR clock when the hour goes forward / back.

Having to reset the VCR clock when the hour goes forward / back.

Sorry can't resist - the 20th century are looking for their appliances back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Those videos people who put videos online of them coming home after being away for work/travel and them surprising a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sorry can't resist - the 20th century are looking for their appliances back :D

Between 1986 and 2006, I basically recorded anything that looked interesting so have a lot of off-air tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Balding, 40 plus aged middle class men with horrendously badly fitting jeans and extremely bland clothing. No effort whatsoever on their behalf to make an effort to look good. It's like they don't care anymore.

You're dead right. They don't care in the slightest what you or anyone else thinks of their appearance. It's amazingly liberating. You should try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You're dead right. They don't care in the slightest what you or anyone else thinks of their appearance. It's amazingly liberating. You should try it.

They can even wear Farrah trousers if they want, and Gambicci sweaters with the stripes, bobble caps with the top third dangling like a slack cock, cardigans with half last nights ‘supper’ glistening down the front, leisure pants with a stain of ‘Knob gloop’ the shape of Anglesea at the crotch.

Must be great………………can’t wait.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

When i forget to take my meds and I have weird lucid dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who call Mother's Day Mothering Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,258 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People at airport boarding gates who stand and join a motionless queue for an age, as if they're going to run out of seats and get left behind.

People who call Mother's Day Mothering Sunday.

It's a different thing, though - a CoI friend of mine explained that Mothering Sunday is not just Mother's Day, but a day that celebrates both mothers and mother-like figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyone fancy smothering Monday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It would be my pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Is that with just unbearable heat????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    People

I don’t worry ‘bout people, I take them as they come