Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Happens to me too, people passing me out who are way older and they're probably wondering why the hell this young thing is moving at such a slow lazy pace and I'm actually so out of breath I can't go any faster. Pain in the hole looking young and healthy sometimes.

Yup. The out-of-breath feeling is actually frightening, isn’t it? And it’s also just a pain in the hole that I can’t walk faster. I used to have some trot on me. It’s hard for my hubs too. He’s both long-legged and a fast walker so to slow down to walk in tandem with me is difficult for him to do. When we were both in full health, I’d have to jog a bit to keep with him when he walked at his fastest (if we were in a rush or something). :pac:

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Some evil genius in my office left ginger cake cut into squares in the canteen and everyone thought they were brownies and that my friends is how you do April Fools.

I’d prefer the ginger cake so that would be a pleasant surprise to me!

Oh wait, that might have been your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your at a deli counter and you ask for a certain kind of ham or a certain roast chicken and they make you out to the most awkward customer in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stupidly dropping my phone and breaking the screen....2nd time in 9 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stupidly dropping my phone and breaking the screen....2nd time in 9 months..
    And double posting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Yup. The out-of-breath feeling is actually frightening, isn’t it? And it’s also just a pain in the hole that I can’t walk faster. I used to have some trot on me. It’s hard for my hubs too. He’s both long-legged and a fast walker so to slow down to walk in tandem with me is difficult for him to do. When we were both in full health, I’d have to jog a bit to keep with him when he walked at his fastest (if we were in a rush or something). :pac:

Standing in long queues affects me that way, feel like I am going to pass out (and me looking the fool for not being able to simply stand as long as others who are older.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

a young woman on a train yelling “Could you move?” at an frail old man who was shuffling slowly into his seat. She’d had to stop for, oh, five seconds or so. The humanity!
    What an asshole.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Mods deleting posts for no reason.

What posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people can't understand you don't enjoy something that they enjoy.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Standing in long queues affects me that way, feel like I am going to pass out (and me looking the fool for not being able to simply stand as long as others who are older.)

Touché. People standing in queues could easily have health issues too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭AllForIt

1. Soccer
    2. Rugby
    3. Boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If you order poached or fried eggs at any cafe, they seem to be nearly raw. You have to ask for them well done, which is a bit ridiculous, as, while there's no need for them to be rock hard, very runny is potentially dodgy.

For fried, the best is when the yolk has a "skin" on top but soft inside. Generally if I ask for that, the yolk ends up being hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People asking you "are you alright?" When all you want is to be left alone for a while.

What an asshole.

I know. I couldn’t believe it.

My husband has this issue at work. The two people he shares an office with have dubious taste and are often shocked or apoplectic when he says he doesn’t like or hasn’t seen shït things they love.

The best example: they both couldn’t believe he had never seen ‘White Chicks’ and has no interest in it seeing it. Like, completely shocked. He was thinking “Really?”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I get that when I tell people I wouldn't cross the road to look at Rugby, zero interest here,

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Having to change a tyre this evening in the rain.

On the plus side my young daughter thought my ranting and raving and wheezing and harrumphing was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

People throwing snack boxes out of their cars after they finish them.

Dog crap on the beach.

Feet on train seats.

Society in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Hal3000 wrote: »
    People throwing snack boxes out of their cars after they finish them.

I was out walking at the weekend and a car passed me, windows rolled down and two full McDonald's bags thrown out. Burger wrappers, drinks cartons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Shaving cuts that in the shower look like massive bleeds but turn out to be tiny niggly cuts that my clothes or shoes rub off of when I go about my day. I always seem to cut the back of one or both of my ankles. Every damn time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I know we're all fed up of Brexit, but Jebus, does Theresa May go to bed in that feckin' blue coat? I know, I know, a very TA, but it's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Shaving cuts that in the shower look like massive bleeds but turn out to be tiny niggly cuts that my clothes or shoes rub off of when I go about my day. I always seem to cut the back of one or both of my ankles. Every damn time!

Chuck out the cheap razors and invest in a good one that will do the trick.

I'm TA that I didn't think of any good April Fool pranks today.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I get that when I tell people I wouldn't cross the road to look at Rugby, zero interest here,

I find the rugby crowd the most insular when it comes to condemnation. I mean a person can say he doesn't follow soccer and it's respected. Same applies to GAA, horse-racing, American Football etc.

But if a fella says he doesn't follow or like rugby, it's seen as plain unusual or even bigoted.

Get over yerselves!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Herself normally gives out to me because I throw darks and colours in the same wash.
    So yesterday, I through on a dark wash with only dark clothes...and she gives out to me saying I should have mixed it so that she can get a top washed. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Presentation in about 5 mins and one of the guys in the group hasn’t turned up yet. He said he was on his way, but still. This isn’t helping my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Presentation in about 5 mins and one of the guys in the group hasn’t turned up yet. He said he was on his way, but still. This isn’t helping my nerves

Check the toilets.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Check the toilets.........

Might have ‘done an Elvis’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I stood on a plug. I want to cry!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I stood on a plug. I want to cry!
    At least it wasn't a plug made of lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People driving 15kmph on a 50kmph road. In rush hour traffic.
    It was nearly 3 hours ago but my blood pressure is still high from the stress of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement