Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

All the people looking for something from me today - go away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Rosie Rant wrote:
    I stood on a plug. I want to cry!

Had you sockets on?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Good one, Bones! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I stood on a plug. I want to cry!

The little sister of a girl I went to school with fell off the top bunk onto an upturned plug when she was about 7 or 8. I met her a few years back and she still had the perfect imprint of the three prongs in her forehead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jesus... :( :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I had a read of the singles thread in after hours. Not all of it, it's huge!

Incel
    MGTOW
    hypergamy

Fetch my slippers and gimme my pension. Officially not with it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

yes it's depressing af, mikemac. I'd sooner join a convent than put myself into that horrible world of tinder and pua's and incels and mindgames.

ta captchas. I'm definitely not a robot, for the fifteenth time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Hurling, or men's camogie as i call it, annoys me so much. I like Gaelic Football, I also like ball and bat sports like cricket and baseball, but hurling just annoys the hell out of me.

Does it make you want to hurl? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

New Home wrote: »
    Does it make you want to hurl? :pac:

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Check the toilets.........

Might have ‘done an Elvis’

:D

He was cycling in, turned up 10 minutes late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I want to stop getting milk from my milkman because we're not getting through it lately but I keep putting off saying it to him because we've been getting milk from him for years and he's always grumpy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I want to stop getting milk from my milkman because we're not getting through it lately but I keep putting off saying it to him because we've been getting milk from him for years and he's always grumpy.

Only 1 other solution.
    Move houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

inforfun wrote: »
    Only 1 other solution.
    Move houses.

That's another thing, I was helping someone house hunt there for a while and loved looking up houses for them but they found a house :( not really sad but I miss having a reason to look at daft.ie so maybe! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anna , it's bin day and your bins are full .

TA , grouchy , me me me people , give me strength .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Working brings on my anxiety, losing my job last week brought on my anxiety, interviewing for new jobs brings on my anxiety.... when will it end??? My TA today is my brain.

Everyone is saying oh take a bit of time to sort yourself out. My brain is saying take time? Oh, ok, let's think about every embarrassing thing you did from the age of four, while also thinking about how you won't be able to pay the rent next month. Aaaaargh, where is the off switch???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The blackest hour is the one before dawn they say. Everything crossed thing turn around real soon. You're a good person and your life is valuable.

Seven Worlds will Collide

An especially tasty juicy thread I am reading deleted before I got to the last page. Ah well, read over half of it. Interesting while it lasted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

TG1 wrote: »
    Working brings on my anxiety, losing my job last week brought on my anxiety, interviewing for new jobs brings on my anxiety.... when will it end??? My TA today is my brain.

Everyone is saying oh take a bit of time to sort yourself out. My brain is saying take time? Oh, ok, let's think about every embarrassing thing you did from the age of four, while also thinking about how you won't be able to pay the rent next month. Aaaaargh, where is the off switch???

I understand you TG1, working made me so anxious but not working makes me anxious too. Would you consider maybe moving back home with your parents for a while and taking some time to work on yourself? It was always my worst nightmare to end up jobless and living at home but once I hit a really low point I accepted it and I've been working on myself and feeling so much better than I have in a long time. Look after yourself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just looked in the treat press, seen a bag of crisps....result!!!!

Hang on, what's this, gluten free, wheat free, yawn, what is the f*cking point of these crisps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Hang on, what's this, gluten free, wheat free, yawn, what is the f*cking point of these crisps?

Crisps are made from potatoes... gluten-free means they aren't cross contaminated in production by other products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Boom_Bap wrote: »

To mock you.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The little sister of a girl I went to school with fell off the top bunk onto an upturned plug when she was about 7 or 8. I met her a few years back and she still had the perfect imprint of the three prongs in her forehead.

A few years ago I was standing on a bed and fell backwards, tripped off, managed to land on my feet but unfortunately there was a plug on the floor and it.. well.. plugged.. right up into the sole of my left foot. I cannot describe the pain or the amount of blood when my partner 'unplugged' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A few years ago I was standing on a bed and fell backwards, tripped off, managed to land on my feet but unfortunately there was a plug on the floor and it.. well.. plugged.. right up into the sole of my left foot. I cannot describe the pain or the amount of blood when my partner 'unplugged' it.

Ouch!!!
    My year of watching Casualty has taught me Rule number 1, never remove the thing you get impaled with until at the hospital...
    I am couchside, waiting for Sewing Bee butvhave finished the chocolate I was saving to eat while watching it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wasting another half hour of my life on Fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Wasting another half hour of my life on Fair city.

Ros na Rún is where it's at Seph :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m getting trivially annoyed by posters on here and elsewhere who hate-watch tv shows or movies they used to like, and keep posting in threads about How much they hate it, sometimes for two or more seasons.

Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, ghost busters even Alan Partridge.

Sod off.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That fekkin McDonalds Peely Peely ad wrecks my head every time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That fekkin McDonalds Peely Peely ad wrecks my head every time.

peely peely tedo :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

peely peely tedo :3

Now Seph don't make Ted mad :eek: He'll turn into a gremlin :D or the hulk :D

My TA is that McDonald's ad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement