Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

People who say Loose instead of Lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

BillieT wrote: »
    People who say Loose instead of Lose

Bad spelling like this makes me loose my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People asking if we need sources for our essays. We’re in third year of a university degree, of course we do

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Having to click 9 captcha puzzles before being allowed to log in, then 7 more just to post. I've too much to do today to mess with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That fekkin McDonalds Peely Peely ad wrecks my head every time.

Definitely the most annoying advert for many a year :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Bad spelling like this makes me loose my mind

There, Their, They're :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ariana grande's lepping around in a hairband with a pair of fluffy rabbit ears, simpering about lashes and diamonds . Women once threw themselves in front of horses for our emancipation , look at us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just got junk mail ie 'The Householder' at a quick glance it looks very like a Revenue/Government envelope. Coincidence? I wish charities would stop wasting money like that.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Would it be acceptable to gag the chatterbox who sits beside me at work?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Do whatever is necessary.
    Just dont leave marks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My face is numb from the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Unbelievably, incredibly, bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have a candle with two wicks and only one of them ever stays lighting properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

A 45 minute call from unhappy customer right as I'm just about to head on lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have a candle with two wicks and only one of them ever stays lighting properly.

You're not supposed to light both ends at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Traffic lights that only stay green for a few seconds....:mad:

New parking arrangements at work mean that I am driving to a different junction. I swear to God the lights on the other side will actually go red and green at least twice before we ever get a green- no I mean it it does.

I timed it yesterday as there was a queue and other drivers going ape ****. Some turning around and a few actually broke the red light in frustration.

The light is red for just over 1 minute and then turns green for 6 seconds before hitting red again. 6 ****ing seconds...:mad:

Three website is down and I need to top up my credit :(

The expectation that I'll answer my phone and if I don't I'm ignoring you . I'm still not answering if you call 11 times .''You didn't answer your phone '' ?!
    I wasn't expecting it. It'd be different if we'd arranged it. It just means I'm busy, but I don't think anyone's owed any explanation unless they're a partner, and not one who rings constantly, like they're afraid you'll forget them .

Most of my ta's are tongue in cheek. That one truly angers me. I don't know why.... but my temper is up now .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Someone on my FB feed who continuously posts fake news articles about how vacations cause autism.
    She can't even spell vaccinations right ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Put my cold weather running clothing away last week, saying to myself I won't be needing you for a while, Wrong, back out again now..

That wind would go through you !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

The use of the word "awesome"

Wondering if the ceiling will come down. Bath wasn't draining but the plug trap thing wasn't blocked . If a section of pipe was loose or cracked, the bath would empty as the water leaked through . no overspill on the floor . Mein Fuhrer doesn't want a plumber because it would undermine his masculinity but he's not here til next week, by which time, the bathroom floor of the Fourth Reich mightn't be, because that's a lot of water. Less than a torrent, more than heavy rain. I might make an executive decision and call a plumber friend and say nothing .

TLDR leaking ceiling .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

My latest annoyance is road signs that are crooked and loose.ive straightened a good few here lately but they are so loose a big wind will turn them.
    The hassle of fitting them and they don’t tighten the bolts enough on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The expectation that I'll answer my phone and if I don't I'm ignoring you . I'm still not answering if you call 11 times .''You didn't answer your phone '' ?!
    I wasn't expecting it. It'd be different if we'd arranged it. It just means I'm busy, but I don't think anyone's owed any explanation unless they're a partner, and not one who rings constantly, like they're afraid you'll forget them .

Most of my ta's are tongue in cheek. That one truly angers me. I don't know why.... but my temper is up now .

Send a text after the second missed call stating:
    "Sorry, busy at moment. I will call you back later."

And that should prevent the next nine missed calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've a small cut on my hand & it is rubs of my jeans every time I get something from my pocket.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, trivial in the extreme ... but posters who share the same avatar, a la Mollyb60 and Windershins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, trivial in the extreme ... but posters who share the same avatar, a la Mollyb60 and Windershins :(

I have the same when posters use mine. Browsing through threads, see "MY" avatar against a post that I don't remember writing.

For some reason today whenever I use Touch ID to unlock my phone, it keeps telling me to try again until I eventually have to put in my passcode. Talk about trivial :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not having my CD's in some sort of orderly fashion so looking for a particular one can be a chore.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The use of the word "awesome"

Damn American English :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement