Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My open sandwich fell face down. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not having my CD's in some sort of orderly fashion so looking for a particular one can be a chore.

You'd love mine. All impeccably ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

quickbeam wrote: »
    You'd love mine. All impeccably ordered!

Well if you ever want a nixer only about 500 ish to sort really :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Someone on my FB feed who continuously posts fake news articles about how vacations cause autism.
    She can't even spell vaccinations right ffs.
    And that is why you can never reason with them. They really have no clue what they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

People who say ATM machine or 6 am in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Dropping the phone on your face in bed at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The Glitch is back. Have had to do 3 takes on every post in last 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Conorbarry1984

People who say “well you know me, I say it as it is”....they think they should get praise for always being honest whereas in reality it’s juts a bull**** excuse to get away with saying what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who say “well you know me, I say it as it is”....they think they should get praise for always being honest whereas in reality it’s juts a bull**** excuse to get away with saying what they like.

Are the very ones who cant take it when you are "saying it like it is"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The word savvy. Especially when used with the word tech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dropping the phone on your face in bed at night.

I've managed the laptop . And woken up with the imprint of all sorts on my cheek and forehead . Sounds more exciting than it is.

I agree because I used to get this , ''you say what everyone else really wants to say'', half the time that was because I had no tact or diplomacy and I'm still learning . I know someone who says he doesn't suffer fools gladly or mince his words. He doesn't care who he hurts and doesn't realise his opinions are just opinions and no more important than yours or mine. He also can't take it when it's dished out to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One of either two things occurred that made me be an hour late to work this morning. Either I forgot to set my alarm which is totally unlike me, or my phone restarted overnight and "turned off" the alarm (it has a tendency of doing this occasionally). But I think it is the former, and I am raging at myself.

Although on the flip-side, I am the only one on today, and we don't technically open till 10AM, so I got away with it scot-free. Shhhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

dubstarr wrote: »
    Are the very ones who cant take it when you are "saying it like it is"

Exactly. They can dish it out all day, are right about everything, but cant take one bit of criticism themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I've managed the laptop .

Never done that but it happens fairly regularly with my Kindle.

And on a similar note: when you're eating cereal and a bit of milk overflows the spoon and trickles down your chin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you wake up all happy with the missus and then you remember you are angry with her for leaving the remote control in the most unconventional of places....you have to switch the happyness to grumpyness without her noticing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Methinks BB was trying to watch "The Grudge". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

The use of the word "awesome"

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Methinks BB was trying to watch "The Grudge". :pac:

awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Me four days ago: "Wow - I just realised, I haven't had a cold in aaaaages!" :)

Me today: *sniff, sniffle, cough, splutter, groan* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

4Ad wrote: »
    Put my cold weather running clothing away last week, saying to myself I won't be needing you for a while, Wrong, back out again now..

That wind would go through you !

Rookie mistake. Never put your winter clothes away until the May bank holiday weekend. Easter at an absolute push, but only if it's late, like this year.

TA: The biggest malingerer in the office (has had 12 sick days already this year) has come in with no make-up on today so I can absolutely 100% guarantee she'll ring in sick tomorrow, the logic being that when she does, people will go "Oh yes, she didn't look well at all yesterday."

• Advertisement

It'll probably be a bad case of weekenditis. Have some compassion, Dial Hard.

New Home wrote: »
    It'll probably be a bad case of weekenditis. Have some compassion, Dial Hard.

Pfft. I've had that since Tuesday and I soldiered on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Rookie mistake. Never put your winter clothes away until the May bank holiday weekend. Easter at an absolute push, but only if it's late, like this year.

TA: The biggest malingerer in the office (has had 12 sick days already this year) has come in with no make-up on today so I can absolutely 100% guarantee she'll ring in sick tomorrow, the logic being that when she does, people will go "Oh yes, she didn't look well at all yesterday."

Haha, I bet she never rings in sick on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
    People like that absolutely taking the piss. It annoys me.

Thanks Dial Hard, I learned a new word today. Malingering. I had heard it before, but I had to look it up.
    Try learn at least 1 new thing every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

the Gaa, [start paying the players] they put their heart and soul into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

beyond disappointed someone I want to see didn't turn up. ta at the one who did. Or should that be ua. unfairly annoyed .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for some people's lack of punctuality - if you say you'll be there at a particular time, you be there. (Unless something major got in the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My last assessment is due tomorrow, meant to spend all day making sure my phrasing is acceptable but so far havnt even started.
    Waiting on a response from the class tutor over a citing matter for over a week now(he knows the sub date) so even when ive done my bit, I'll have to wait till the last min to submit.
    My old phone is not accepting txt's so I cant reload the class chat to ask anyone who might know.
    So no response to a question I cant answer myself, no class chat to help and all kinds of issues that I cant get support for at all.

TA I cant figure out if this is a sign about going back next year or not.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for some people's lack of punctuality - if you say you'll be there at a particular time, you be there. (Unless something major got in the way)

Especially when they turn up late clutching a takeaway coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother is on a roll today telling me she doubts she will live as long as her mother did. Shoot me now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Live fire exercise happening near my house... Not only do I have to listen to gunshots all day but my shortcut road is closed off... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement