Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I'll tell you what irritates Partyguinness...

Cars with the stickers on the back that say 'Little Princess on Board' or 'Little Dude on Board'.

Right. So tell me what is the effing point of that? Are you just a smug cow who wants everyone to revel in the miracle that you managed to procreate despite the echo between your ears.

What am I supposed to do: 'Oh okay. They have a kid in the car I better not rear end now like I was planning a few moments ago.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There is a guy near me with a sticker on the back of his jeep that says
    'You can go fast but I can go ANYWHERE'

gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'll tell you what irritates Partyguinness...

Cars with the stickers on the back that say 'Little Princess on Board' or 'Little Dude on Board'.

Right. So tell me what is the effing point of that? Are you just a smug cow who wants everyone to revel in the miracle that you managed to procreate despite the echo between your ears.

What am I supposed to do: 'Oh okay. They have a kid in the car I better not rear end now like I was planning a few moments ago.'

Ben Elton used to have a routine highlighting the absurdity of these stickers. He suggested that when make drivers put them up, there might be a bit of "no virgins driving this car" signalling going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Never done that but it happens fairly regularly with my Kindle.

And on a similar note: when you're eating cereal and a bit of milk overflows the spoon and trickles down your chin.

yes I could easily see how that could happen as I often drift off while reading and have probably had books land on my nose.

When I had a lip ring, tea spurted through the hole and down my chin. Luckily the ring is gone and the hole healed fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Rookie mistake. Never put your winter clothes away until the May bank holiday weekend. Easter at an absolute push, but only if it's late, like this year.

TA: The biggest malingerer in the office (has had 12 sick days already this year) has come in with no make-up on today so I can absolutely 100% guarantee she'll ring in sick tomorrow, the logic being that when she does, people will go "Oh yes, she didn't look well at all yesterday."

I go further and follow my father’s saying “Don’t shed a clout ‘til May is out”. When my sister was born in mid-May, there was lying snow on the ground. And May days can frequently be low teens. Even on warm May days, the evenings and nights can be chilly. That’s where a lot of people get caught with not wearing enough clothes, leaving work late or whatever.

He also says re: the weather in Ireland “Expect anything except snow in July”. It’s hard to imagine snow in June or August but I take his advice in the spirit in which it was intended. I did the Spencer Tunick thing on Poolbeg Extension on a June early morning in 2008. A quick check says it was around 9 degrees at that time of that day. It was BALTIC due to both the temperature and the breeze. We were huddling together to keep warm. That was during the notoriously bad string of summers from 2007 to 2012 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

gimp

:o

Hey! I used to have one of those

:o

Hey! I used to have one of those

what are they for ...?

To be honest I don't get them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Pears.
    I love pears but it’s so difficult to get a nice pear. It’s either rock hard or a squishy mess.

what are they for ...?

To be honest I don't get them either

Nothing really, just a silly sticker - as in - my 4x4 might be painfully slow compared to your (insert any car ever here) but it is excellent at performing off road

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

but it is excellent at performing off road

Except it has never been off road :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I go further and follow my father’s saying “Don’t shed a clout ‘til May is out”. When my sister was born in mid-May, there was lying snow on the ground. And May days can frequently be low teens. Even on warm May days, the evenings and nights can be chilly. That’s where a lot of people get caught with not wearing enough clothes, leaving work late or whatever.

He also says re: the weather in Ireland “Expect anything except snow in July”. It’s hard to imagine snow in June or August but I take his advice in the spirit in which it was intended. I did the Spencer Tunick thing on Poolbeg Extension on a June early morning in 2008. A quick check says it was around 9 degrees at that time of that day. It was BALTIC due to both the temperature and the breeze. We were huddling together to keep warm. That was during the notoriously bad string of summers from 2007 to 2012 though.

'Cast n'er a clout til may be out' refers to the May Bush rather than the month. When the hedges are clothed in fluffy white may flowers, then one Mary safely discard ones vest! Pretty sure I can recall snow in late May early June one year.

I remember doing the Spenser Tunnick as well, thought I'd never thaw.

Trivially annoyed about the length of time is taking the crick in my neck to go. Grrrr.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

gimp

Customised sticker to be added when dark: "Then please do us all a favour and go. Anywhere. And don't come back."

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When the toilet is clearly occupied and someone insists on trying the door again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

When the toilet is clearly occupied and someone insists on trying the door again

They're telling you to hurry up - they have an emergency.

That's when I take longer than usual. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your at a family even and a parent insists on getting there 'talented' children to sing and dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Maybe more than a TA but the state of hospitals here. Absolutely disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Pears.
    I love pears but it’s so difficult to get a nice pear. It’s either rock hard or a squishy mess.

Must resist smart remark:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you are making a mug of coffee and as you are about to put the spoon of sugar/coffee in your elbow hops off something and it goes all over the counter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Hope your mum gets better soon xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    When my mum was sick and admitted to A&E in Galway, she was on a trolley for two days. She was at the top of the corridor. Less than ten feet away were the toilets. They were only single ones and sometimes when someone had obviously done a number two, the smell that wafted down towards her was absolutely vile.

When she finally got moved to a ward, we bought her a kettle to have on her locker because she drinks a lot of coffee and it was easier to make it herself than be waiting ages for the nurses to do it (I'm not criticising the nurses here, they were fantastic but mum didn't want to be bothering them). She had the kettle for about two weeks when some clipboard carrier was doing a round of the wards and banned the kettle on health and safety grounds.

What a fcuking joke. A&E is so over crowed it's an absolute death trap. If it was inspected by a fire marshal it would be shut down on the spot. It's madness that they get away with such blatant H&S violations but lets tick some boxes by taking away someones kettle :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Pears.

Conference pears on cardboard pack in Supervalu, I think they are 1.79 a pack, but edible straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 debs95

When you ask for a gin and 7-up at a bar and they give you gin with a dash of white.......and charge full whack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Cravings for junk food and my constantly giving in to them and feeling like **** afterwards. Yet another week of eating like a kid at a 9 year old's birthday party.

Except it has never been off road :pac:

Mine was off road pretty much every day

It was also slow as feck

*shrug*

TA = windscreen freezing back over before I got the wipers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

madmaggie wrote: »
    Conference pears on cardboard pack in Supervalu, I think they are 1.79 a pack, but edible straight away.

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye out next time I’m in :)

My current annoyance is that the school bake sale is coming up and my son is expecting something spectacular to be made.
    Pressure :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Everything is a "mood" or a "vibe" or a "flex" these days. I miss normal English.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Getting aggressive sounding texts off people that you are not expecting.No hello or anything.Just straight in.
    And the thing they are texting me about i cant do anything about till my son comes in from school.

Kettle on the locker is an act of genius. Shame about the Health and Safety gestapo .

ta that they have a nice garden / courtyard outside the inner waiting room of limk. a&e but nobody goes into it. As far as I know .

And TA cigarette ends in the rose beds out the front of same hospital .

Nothing really, just a silly sticker - as in - my 4x4 might be painfully slow compared to your (insert any car ever here) but it is excellent at performing off road

ah yes of course ...sorry, was miles away when i was reading the thread yesterday and I thought you meant you had a baby on board sticker ...tbf the ones you mean are kind of funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When your at a family even and a parent insists on getting there 'talented' children to sing and dance!

My eyes hurt reading this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement